Profile Picture

[v7.21] - Workaround for the Failure to Auto-convert Daz Genesis Characters

Posted By Joanne (RL) 3 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!

[v7.21] - Workaround for the Failure to Auto-convert Daz Genesis...

Author
Dr. Nemesis
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 40 minutes ago
Importing a new batch of characters today. The developer update seems to be working fine as far as I've tested. Thanks for this, as the prospect of waiting four more months was demoralizing.
I'm now benefiting from some of the updates (and fixes) of 7.21. Thanks everyone.
TheOldBuffer
TheOldBuffer
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Weeks Ago
The developers update is super stable and works flawlessly, so far, and it loads up super quick. 
Well done RL.

Homebuilt computer - Windoze 10, INTEL i9 9900 k @ 5.1 GHz, EVGA RTX 2080 TI XC ULTRA, 16GB 3100 MHz RAM, Asus  Maximus Hero XI motherboard, Sound blaster Z series. iClone6 & 7 Pipeline, Crazytalk 8, Crazytalk Animator 2, Facefilter, Pop video 3, Hitfilm 4Pro, Cubase 8.5 Pro,

Snarp Farkle
Snarp Farkle
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (4.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.1K reputation)

At first I didn't have any problems with either G3 or G8 characters in 3DXchange, but now I can't get any of them to import into 3dXchange using the auto conversion if they're wearing clothes!  I can import the same character without clothes or hair and the auto conversion works fine!  So this might be more of a problem with different clothing items instead of the character's duf files. 

I'll have to try the workaround to see if it corrects this issue for me.

Dell XPS 8900, Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700 CPU @ 3.40GHz, 3408 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s), 16 GB RAM, - 4 GB GeForce GTX 745, NVIDIA compatible.
Acer Aspire V Nitro Laptop,  2.5GHz Intel Core i5-7300HQ processor with 6MB cache,  256GB solid state drive, 16GB Ram,  4 GB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti graphics.

TheOldBuffer
TheOldBuffer
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)

Snarp Farkle (5/1/2018)
At first I didn't have any problems with either G3 or G8 characters in 3DXchange, but now I can't get any of them to import into 3dXchange using the auto conversion if they're wearing clothes!  I can import the same character without clothes or hair and the auto conversion works fine!  So this might be more of a problem with different clothing items instead of the character's duf files. 

I'll have to try the workaround to see if it corrects this issue for me.

Hi Snarp. PM Peter for the link to the new developer 3dx7, it works fine and has an option to select which Genesis generation you are importing. 

Homebuilt computer - Windoze 10, INTEL i9 9900 k @ 5.1 GHz, EVGA RTX 2080 TI XC ULTRA, 16GB 3100 MHz RAM, Asus  Maximus Hero XI motherboard, Sound blaster Z series. iClone6 & 7 Pipeline, Crazytalk 8, Crazytalk Animator 2, Facefilter, Pop video 3, Hitfilm 4Pro, Cubase 8.5 Pro,

Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (69.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (69.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (69.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (69.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (69.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (69.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (69.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (69.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (69.8K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 3 hours ago
Hi Everyone,

We have now released the 3DXchange 7.22 update which resolves the auto-conversion issues with Daz Genesis 3 & 8 characters. You can update now via the Reallusion Hub. Smile

Thank you all for your patience.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

charleshoover885
charleshoover885
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (803 reputation)Veteran Member (803 reputation)Veteran Member (803 reputation)Veteran Member (803 reputation)Veteran Member (803 reputation)Veteran Member (803 reputation)Veteran Member (803 reputation)Veteran Member (803 reputation)Veteran Member (803 reputation)

Last Active: 2 days ago
Thanks Peter.

Charles
Tenderspirit
Tenderspirit
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (255 reputation)Senior Member (255 reputation)Senior Member (255 reputation)Senior Member (255 reputation)Senior Member (255 reputation)Senior Member (255 reputation)Senior Member (255 reputation)Senior Member (255 reputation)Senior Member (255 reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
Peter when I try to convert my gen 3 no viseme comes with it.  Also I don't see them in my Das 4.10  (windows 7)  when I do Gen 8 figures it works perfectly.  I had the same problem with them, when I realized I put the Reallusion folder in the wrong place.  But I have checked na double checked and the folder for the gen 3 female is in the right place, they just will not load, I tried Lisa, and a toon generation 2 (gen 3 figure) and the same thing.  My timeline changes and when I set the fps to 1 I get the 81 frames.  I few eye movements show in the beginning and on number 70 she opens her mouth, but that is it no viseme for my gen 3, and I just bought some from Daz just to be able to use them in iclone 7, ugh   Andy help would be appreciated, I have been reading as many forums on this matter but really got not answer that I know of that will help.  Thank you.   Elsie
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (69.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (69.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (69.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (69.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (69.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (69.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (69.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (69.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (69.8K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 3 hours ago
Tenderspirit (7/2/2018)
Peter when I try to convert my gen 3 no viseme comes with it.  Also I don't see them in my Das 4.10  (windows 7)  when I do Gen 8 figures it works perfectly.  I had the same problem with them, when I realized I put the Reallusion folder in the wrong place.  But I have checked na double checked and the folder for the gen 3 female is in the right place, they just will not load, I tried Lisa, and a toon generation 2 (gen 3 figure) and the same thing.  My timeline changes and when I set the fps to 1 I get the 81 frames.  I few eye movements show in the beginning and on number 70 she opens her mouth, but that is it no viseme for my gen 3, and I just bought some from Daz just to be able to use them in iclone 7, ugh   Andy help would be appreciated, I have been reading as many forums on this matter but really got not answer that I know of that will help.  Thank you.   Elsie

Hi Elsie,

Do make sure you have copied the "Reallusion" folder from iClone_Daz_Genesis_Extension_v4_IC7\DAZ Genesis Extension\Daz Genesis to iClone\Genesis3_Female to the location below (default install).

C:\Users\Public\Documents\My DAZ 3D Library\data\DAZ 3D\Genesis 3\Female\Morphs

Then make sure you restart Daz Studio for the changes to take effect. Now once you apply the Genesis3_Female_iCloneFaceKey.duf file to your character it should be correctly assigned.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Tenderspirit
Tenderspirit
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (255 reputation)Senior Member (255 reputation)Senior Member (255 reputation)Senior Member (255 reputation)Senior Member (255 reputation)Senior Member (255 reputation)Senior Member (255 reputation)Senior Member (255 reputation)Senior Member (255 reputation)

Yes I copied it to the correct path.  Now when I try to appy my gen 8 male it too does not work, I am using the Pace figure in Daz.  So far only the Paige gen 8 figure has worked for me.  I don't have any other gen 8 daz figures only Paige and Pace and the origional.  I will try the origional male later today and see if he works. ugh   Thank you for your help so far. Hugs
Tenderspirit
Tenderspirit
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Admin:  I am not sure what I did but I solved the problem.  Thank you for trying to help.  I moved all my origional genesis 3 and 8 to My Daz 3 Library,  they were in another folder that I install a bunch of stuff for Daz.  Not sure if that
is what fixed it or not. LOL  But they seem to work now. :>Wink  Thank you for trying to help. Hugs

Reading This Topic