Profile Picture

[v7.21] - Workaround for the Failure to Auto-convert Daz Genesis Characters

Posted By Joanne (RL) 3 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!

[v7.21] - Workaround for the Failure to Auto-convert Daz Genesis...

Author
MnerosNaRa
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (706 reputation)Veteran Member (706 reputation)Veteran Member (706 reputation)Veteran Member (706 reputation)Veteran Member (706 reputation)Veteran Member (706 reputation)Veteran Member (706 reputation)Veteran Member (706 reputation)Veteran Member (706 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
Peter, at this point would it not be better to go back to the old way of detecting daz characters, but then just have a window pop up asking us if it is a Daz 3 or 8 Character. 
A window pops up anyways telling us it have detected a daz import, just add the Daz 3/8 question on that window. just my two cents, but a logical.

dh93
dh93
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (27 reputation)New Member (27 reputation)New Member (27 reputation)New Member (27 reputation)New Member (27 reputation)New Member (27 reputation)New Member (27 reputation)New Member (27 reputation)New Member (27 reputation)

MnerosNaRa (4/22/2018)
Peter, at this point would it not be better to go back to the old way of detecting daz characters, but then just have a window pop up asking us if it is a Daz 3 or 8 Character. 
A window pops up anyways telling us it have detected a daz import, justadd the Daz 3/8 question on that window. just my two cents, but a logical.

I would prefer a manual popup until the automated could be fixed as well.
pruiz
pruiz
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)

Even if you have a G8 character it shows G3 at the 3dx window on import. And the latest profile for G8 is all screwed up. The facial maps are completely off. It looks like nobody is paying attention - worse - they ignore the complexity of this complicated import. If Daz import is going to be a 'big deal" with an upcoming announcement someone need to get this organized and under control. Otherwise, Daz to iclone via fbx is just a punt. 
MnerosNaRa (4/22/2018)
A window pops up anyways telling us it have detected a daz import, just add the Daz 3/8 question on that window. just my two cents, but a logical.

Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (69.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (69.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (69.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (69.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (69.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (69.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (69.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (69.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (69.7K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 1 hour ago
pruiz (4/20/2018)

I have not tried the workaround as (1) I don't have any of these hidden facets stuff and (2)  I cannot import any G8 characters into 3dx - even ones that used to import fine with 7.2. The figure imports and brings the textured background with it which never used to happen. When it imports it doesn't show pause and the long message panel that used to be there saying "3dX has recognized etc. blah blah" - and when I convert to non-standard it opens with the active box unchecked - and convert greyed out.

Unfortunately I can't reproduce these problems which do not appear to be related to this workaround.

I would advise contacting Technical Support using the link below. If you supply your system dxdiag.txt and some screenshots showing the issue in 3DXchange they will be able to advise you further.

https://www.reallusion.com/CustomerSupport/UserEx/QForm.html

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

pruiz
pruiz
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)

I had reported this as an error in the facial map auto-convert for G8 to 3dx but actually, I apologize for my own stupidity and lack of attention to detail in the conversion workflow. The facekey must be dragged and dropped on theHEAD - not the whole body - as this is what causes an out of sequence series of facial maps. Culoa mea stupida. Just thgought I'd point this out - I'm sure everyone will follow the workflow perfectly but . . .
pruiz (4/22/2018)
Even if you have a G8 character it shows G3 at the 3dx window on import. And the latest profile for G8 is all screwed up. The facial maps are completely off. It looks like nobody is paying attention - worse - they ignore the complexity of this complicated import. If Daz import is going to be a 'big deal" with an upcoming announcement someone need to get this organized and under control. Otherwise, Daz to iclone via fbx is just a punt. 
MnerosNaRa (4/22/2018)

Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (69.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (69.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (69.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (69.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (69.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (69.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (69.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (69.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (69.7K reputation)

MnerosNaRa (4/22/2018)

Actually we now have a temporary developer update available that does pretty much as you have requested.

With the new update you will receive a pop-up prompting you to select the correct Genesis version if 3DXchange can't correctly identify it (see below).

If anyone would like to try the new temporary update, please drop me a PM and I'll send you a link to download.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/b872c599-ec82-4e47-8add-b54d.png

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

dh93
dh93
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (27 reputation)New Member (27 reputation)New Member (27 reputation)New Member (27 reputation)New Member (27 reputation)New Member (27 reputation)New Member (27 reputation)New Member (27 reputation)New Member (27 reputation)

Hi Peter,
  I would like receive the developer update.  Thx
Darryl 
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

dh93 (4/26/2018)
Hi Peter,
  I would like receive the developer update.  Thx
Darryl 

Hi Darryl... I have sent you the link by PM. Thanks for giving it a try. Do let us know how you get on with it. Smile

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

pruiz
pruiz
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Peter, Thank you for the download link. It seems to work fine with G8 - fixes the T-pose issue - so no need to rotate limbs and all the facial expression data in correct place - no need even to assign eyelids to blink. Thank you again for your assistance and help. pruiz.
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

pruiz (4/29/2018)
Peter, Thank you for the download link. It seems to work fine with G8 - fixes the T-pose issue - so no need to rotate limbs and all the facial expression data in correct place - no need even to assign eyelids to blink. Thank you again for your assistance and help. pruiz.

Thank you for the feedback Pruiz. We appreciate you taking the time to try this for us. Smile

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Reading This Topic