OFFICIAL 3DXchange 7.4 Issues Thread

Posted By Peter (RL) Last Year
Rated 1 star based on 1 vote.
Author
Peter (RL)
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (56.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (56.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (56.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (56.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (56.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (56.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (56.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (56.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (56.4K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 8 hours ago
wires (4/13/2018)
Any idea when the full version update will be available for download from the user account?

This is what I'm getting in my account:
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/331076b6-ee82-4502-9750-2b6a.png

Also is the DAZ pack shown the latest version?

The main problem with all of these downloads is that, as opposed to just about every other vendor, the file name does not contain the version name.

As this was a relatively minor update for 3DXchange 7, the full version remains at 7.2. It will likely not be updated until 7.3.

For the Daz Genesis Extensions, version 4 is the latest. The version number is included in the filename for this zip file.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

ALLIEKATBLUE
ALLIEKATBLUE
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (366 reputation)Senior Member (366 reputation)Senior Member (366 reputation)Senior Member (366 reputation)Senior Member (366 reputation)Senior Member (366 reputation)Senior Member (366 reputation)Senior Member (366 reputation)Senior Member (366 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 3 Months Ago
Not really a bug just can't figure out the work flow.  Trying to import some cute Genesis 3 and Genesis 8 animations into iclone 7 but not successful.  I had imported many Genesis 2 animations with no problem.  When I get to 3dxchange, something goes wrong at the motion retargeting process.  After converting to non standard and selecting the Daz4Genesis presets, the circle stays red and I can't go any farther.  Is there a different work flow for bringing in a BVH for Genesis 3 and 8?
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/bd815dcf-010d-4dd0-bfab-1374.png

Alliekatblue
Edited
Last Year by ALLIEKATBLUE
tbseo
tbseo
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (624 reputation)Veteran Member (624 reputation)Veteran Member (624 reputation)Veteran Member (624 reputation)Veteran Member (624 reputation)Veteran Member (624 reputation)Veteran Member (624 reputation)Veteran Member (624 reputation)Veteran Member (624 reputation)

Last Active: 4 days ago
I downloaded the trial for iclone and 3dxchange yesterday and was considering buying it until I tried to start 3dxchange and found it just pops up and vanishes immediately.  Then I remembered that was the reason I didn't buy either program 2 years ago when I tried them.  I've never been able to get any version of  3dxchange to run on my computer.  I have Windows 10 with a GTX 970.  My only interest is in using iclone for vr animations. I haven't gotten around to looking at all the new features in iclone 7 but I'm guessing it still has no stereoscopic 360 cameras so without 3dxchange it's useless to me.

Is there a fix for the issue I'm having?
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (56.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (56.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (56.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (56.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (56.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (56.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (56.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (56.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (56.4K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 8 hours ago
tbseo (6/16/2018)
I downloaded the trial for iclone and 3dxchange yesterday and was considering buying it until I tried to start 3dxchange and found it just pops up and vanishes immediately.  Then I remembered that was the reason I didn't buy either program 2 years ago when I tried them.  I've never been able to get any version of  3dxchange to run on my computer.  I have Windows 10 with a GTX 970.  My only interest is in using iclone for vr animations. I haven't gotten around to looking at all the new features in iclone 7 but I'm guessing it still has no stereoscopic 360 cameras so without 3dxchange it's useless to me.

Is there a fix for the issue I'm having?

Sorry to hear you are having problems. This is unusual as 3DXchange is not a particularly demanding program to run.

Please first try updating your graphics drivers and ensure you have the latest available. Please see the link below to check.

If your computer has switchable graphics, please do ensure you are running 3DXchange 7 with the more powerful Nvidia graphics card. Do not choose the Intel graphics option. You can normally do this by right clicking the 3DXchange 7 desktop icon and choosing "Run With Graphics Processor".

Please also run Windows Update to ensure your system is fully updated.

In Windows 10 go to Start > Settings > Update & Security > Windows Update and then "Check For Update".

Now try right clicking the 3DXchange 7 desktop icon and choose "Run As Administrator" and see if this allows it to run.

If you still have problems after checking the above, please can you send your dxdiag.txt file to Support using the link below so they can check your system for any problems.

https://www.reallusion.com/CustomerSupport/UserEx/QForm.html

a) Type "dxdiag.exe" in the Search box and click "dxdiag.exe run command" from the search list.
b) It will then check your system for a while, after finishing, click "save all information"
c) Save "DxDiag.txt". and send this to us as an attachment.

Thank you.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

tbseo
tbseo
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (624 reputation)Veteran Member (624 reputation)Veteran Member (624 reputation)Veteran Member (624 reputation)Veteran Member (624 reputation)Veteran Member (624 reputation)Veteran Member (624 reputation)Veteran Member (624 reputation)Veteran Member (624 reputation)

Last Active: 4 days ago
I managed to get it working with a fix in another thread somewhere.  I have my computer hooked up to a 55 inch 4k tv.  Usually there's no big issues with scaling but all the Reallusion programs (character creator, clone....) are a little messed up for me. Tiny buttons and tools or text that goes behind another pannel etc.  No settings will fix this on either my computer or television. 
Apparently 3dxchanges complete failure to run at all was something to do with this issue. 
THE FIX
     I clicked on the icon for 3dxchange and went to compatibility, "Change high DPI settings" and checked Override high DPI scaling behavior.
In the dropdown below I changed it to "System (enhanced)"

3dxchange now runs and any abnormalities in the other Reallusion programs seem to be fixed when I repeated the process with them.

Hope this helps someone else.
dogged2003
dogged2003
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.1K reputation)

Last Active: 3 Weeks Ago
There is no grid in Orthogonal mode in face and profile.
I do as written in the documentation:

Make sure the grid is On (Shortcut: Ctrl + G).
Go to the View >> Camera Projection menu and select the Orthogonal command to change the camera view to Orthogonal mode (Shortcut: Ctrl + Q).

Note
You may optionally adjust the density of the grid lines via the Preference panel (Shortcut: Ctrl + P).

Press the F or A, S keys to switch the camera to a front or side views of the character. The front view is suitable for adjusting the hands, and the side views are useful for modifying the head, spines and legs.
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/db8f0552-30ec-48da-8b1d-561f.jpg

P.S. I don't see new topic: 
       OFFICIAL 3DXchange 7.23 Issues Thread 

My YouTube channel.
wires
wires
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (9.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.5K reputation)

Last Active: 2 hours ago
The Grid is present, your Bear is standing on it, just as the Truck in the shot below is standing on it when viewed from the Front.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/226a690e-0e73-4580-bb7d-a2bd.png

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/aa43e5af-bed0-46d9-a007-e99f.png

Gerry

System: Win 10 Pro (1903), Asus X99-E WS, CPU i7-5930K -3,5 GHz, 32 GB DDR4 2666-16 RAM, NVidia GTX 1080 Ti GPU - 11 GB VRAM(Driver Studio-431.70), Samsung 850 Pro 512 GB SSD, 6 TB HD storage.

4u2ges
4u2ges
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.1K reputation)

Last Active: 4 hours ago
Yes, right. That is how the grid in Orthogonal would be viewed for profile and front regardless of camera height - a straight line because it is not a true 3D view (unlike isometric).

But I may understand what dogged2003 meant. He probably wants a new feature.
Like in Blender. If you do 5 (orthogonal/isometric switch) and then 1 or 3 on keypad, the auxiliary, auto scale-able grid is applied to view-port (even if floor grid is turned OFF).
This helps a lot while tweaking/aligning objects. But that's Blender.

I am on the other hand still waiting for Orthogonal camera view in iClone. Justavikings FT issue since 2 years ago is still Active
https://www.reallusion.com/FeedBackTracker/Issue/Multiple-viewports-to-aid-in-positioning-items-3-orthographic-1-free-form/1/ortho

Edited
Last Year by 4u2ges
dogged2003
dogged2003
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.1K reputation)

Last Active: 3 Weeks Ago
Friends! I gave a link to the documentation! It says that the grid should be! There is even an example!
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/c383fc99-fc48-445e-8e13-6cfe.jpg

This is a bug !!!

My YouTube channel.
MBNieko
MBNieko
Posted 10 Months Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (7 reputation)New Member (7 reputation)New Member (7 reputation)New Member (7 reputation)New Member (7 reputation)New Member (7 reputation)New Member (7 reputation)New Member (7 reputation)New Member (7 reputation)

Last Active: 3 Months Ago
I get distorted morphs after exporting iClone avatar via 3DXchange. tried to open in 3DSXax and Unity with the same results, tried changing export settings, changing animations and fixing rig in CC3, nothing worked, it seams that face is moved a bit back when morph is applied. If I disable morphs everything looks ok (but no facial expressions). if I export from iClone directly to Unity3D this problem disappears, but there are others (like animation is not transferable)
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/c1e23b3b-eb8d-4e7b-a4f7-478c.png

Reading This Topic