OFFICIAL 3DXchange 7.7 Issues Thread

Posted By Peter (RL) 6 Years Ago
Rated 1 star based on 1 vote.
Author
Peter (RL)
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 10 minutes ago
Dear 3DXchange 7 Users,

It's that time again when we have another new 3DXchange 7 update and need your continued assistance to help us track down any remaining bugs, glitches or other annoying issues.

Important: If you do find any bugs, issues or glitches in the 7.7 update, please can you report them first in the Feedback Tracker. Then feel free to discuss the issues in this thread. However do make use of the Feedback Tracker first to log the issue.

As always it will help us greatly if we can keep all outstanding issue discussion in the one place (this thread). This will help the development team keep track of any problems.

Please do try to provide your full system specifications and a detailed description of the problem when reporting issues. If you can provide steps so we can try and reproduce the problem this will be even better. If the issue has been previously reported, please post a link back to the original report.

Many Thanks. Smile    

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Edited
3 Years Ago by Peter (RL)
justaviking
justaviking
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 3 Weeks Ago
Peter (RL) (4/12/2018)

3DXchange 7.21 adds new enhancements and also comes with a number of important fixes.

Such as...???

64-Bit?
Substances?
User interface from this decade?

ADDED...
Finally found the 3DXchange page:  https://www.reallusion.com/iclone/pipeline.html#3DX-update
It lists fixes, but no new enhancements.

iClone 7... Character Creator... Substance Designer/Painter... Blender... Audacity...
Desktop (homebuilt) - Windows 10, Ryzen 9 3900x CPU, GTX 1080 GPU (8GB), 32GB RAM, Asus X570 Pro motherboard, 2TB SSD, terabytes of disk space, dual  monitors.
Laptop - Windows 10, MSI GS63VR STEALTH-252, 16GB RAM, GTX 1060 (6GB), 256GB SSD and 1TB HDD

Edited
6 Years Ago by justaviking
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)

justaviking (4/12/2018)

ADDED...
Finally found the 3DXchange page:  https://www.reallusion.com/iclone/pipeline.html#3DX-update
It lists fixes, but no new enhancements.

The new enhancements relate to Daz Genesis characters when imported into 3DXchange 7.21. You can find details HERE.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

justaviking
justaviking
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)

Okie dokie.
Wouldn't hurt to include the 3DXchange enhancements on the 3DXchange page.

I ask this from time-to-time...  Do we now need to re-report all our unresovled issues against the new version?  (Or do we only need to do that after a major release, such as when v8 comes out?)

iClone 7... Character Creator... Substance Designer/Painter... Blender... Audacity...
Desktop (homebuilt) - Windows 10, Ryzen 9 3900x CPU, GTX 1080 GPU (8GB), 32GB RAM, Asus X570 Pro motherboard, 2TB SSD, terabytes of disk space, dual  monitors.
Laptop - Windows 10, MSI GS63VR STEALTH-252, 16GB RAM, GTX 1060 (6GB), 256GB SSD and 1TB HDD

Dr. Nemesis
Dr. Nemesis
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)

Last Active: Last Month
SO I'm not sure if this is a bug yet, or if it's something I'm doing wrong.
None of my Daz Genesis 3 characters are auto loading the Daz profiles on import. I tried a mixamo model, that works fine. But yeah, 7.2, and now 7.21 have given me a lot trouble with Daz characters and now it seems to be getting worse.
So I can characterize the skeleton manually, and quickly using the profile, but then that doesn't seem to cover facial or material import presets. I'm getting pretty tired of all this so before I go back to 3dXchange 7.0 (where all this just works), Is anyone else having this problem?
How can I get 3Dxchange to assign the face shapes to visemes automatically when it bypasses that on import?
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

justaviking (4/12/2018)

I ask this from time-to-time...  Do we now need to re-report all our unresovled issues against the new version?  (Or do we only need to do that after a major release, such as when v8 comes out?)

If the issue is already in the Feedback Tracker then you don't need to report it again. If it was only posted on the forum and is not fixed in 7.21 then please post it again or just provide a link back to the original report.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

justaviking
justaviking
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Peter (RL) (4/12/2018)
justaviking (4/12/2018)

If the issue is already in the Feedback Tracker then you don't need to report it again. If it was only posted on the forum and is not fixed in 7.21 then please post it again or just provide a link back to the original report.

Okay, thanks.

Back when 7.0 was released, it was recommended we re-post our unresolved 6.0 FT issues in the 7.0 section of FT.  I think the "Mirror prop" was a specific example.  Maybe that guidance was "just to be sure," but as you can tell it rubbed me the wrong way.  Not only would be extra work for your users, it dilutes the votes.  If a bunch of people voted on the 6.0 version of the issue, but only a few vote for the 7.0 version, it might be misinterpreted as waning interest, when really it is a result of people having already cast a precious vote when it was first reported.

Ideally, I think it would be nice for a Reallusion intern to move unresolved (but still relevant) issues forward to the new version, especially after a major release.

I will try to trust that unresolved issues reported against 6.0 are not being forgotten.

wires
wires
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
Any idea when the full version update will be available for download from the user account?

This is what I'm getting in my account:
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/331076b6-ee82-4502-9750-2b6a.png

Also is the DAZ pack shown the latest version?

The main problem with all of these downloads is that, as opposed to just about every other vendor, the file name does not contain the version name.

Gerry

System: Win 10 Pro (21H2), Asus X99-E WS, CPU i7-5930K -3,5 GHz, 32 GB DDR4 2666-16 RAM, NVidia GTX 1080 Ti GPU - 11 GB VRAM(Driver Studio-536.99), Samsung 850 Pro 512 GB SSD, 6 TB HD storage.

richard666
richard666
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)

Last Active: Last Month
So here i am again with more problems.  I seem to spend more time resolving or should i say trying to resolve problems with Reallusion products than i do actually earning a living.  something has to give here but lkie an addict i carry on but time is running out, bills have to be paid!!

So whats the issue today...........3DX Change 7 which was not exactly cheap for doing not much more than before!! 

Try to bring assets in from Sketchfab ... only achieved one assty in, all others rejected by 3DX Change.

Try to bring in assets from CGTrader , took a week to work out workarounds,  facecounts too high etc!!!! FFS

Try to bring in 2018 models from Sketchup , no only allows 2015 models!! WTF

Please are we the only firm having problems with 3DX Change????????

We have to eat, and to eat we have to work and we are getting nowhere with the time we spend on constant problems and issues. i think i am going insane with this and one of the guys here already has!
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Hi Richard,

Sorry to hear you are having problems with 3DXchange 7.

Can you give us some examples of the models that you are having problems getting 3DXchange to open so we can test them. 

Regarding Sketchup models, you are correct that 3DXchange can only open models in the 2015 format, but that shouldn't really be a problem as most models from the Trimble Warehouse can be downloaded in 2015 format. And for your own Sketchup models you can choose to save in 2015 format as well as the latest 2018 format.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Edited
6 Years Ago by Peter (RL)

Reading This Topic