Profile Picture

Is it possible to import a video into Crazytalk Animator?

Posted By Data Juggler 6 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!

Is it possible to import a video into Crazytalk Animator?

Author
Data Juggler
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (12.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.4K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 1 hour ago
I purchased a HD Aquarium video and resized it and put a frame around it.
Is there anyway to make a video become a prop?

I have some other software I can do overlays, but it would be nice to do all in one software.

Thanks

Creator of the free website:
PixelDatabase.Net
A Free Online Text Based Image Editor
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/6e6663e2-0ecf-447a-ab3d-d49d.png

RicksWorks
RicksWorks
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)

Last Active: 5 Years Ago
I don't think I have ever tried this, but I am thinking that you may have to convert your video using Reallusions POP video app. Otherwise, you will have to add it in post using a video editor.

Rick Owens

Save the spaceman
This post has been flagged as an answer
Save the spaceman
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)

Last Active: 4 Years Ago
Hello Rick
in another post from today I have a clip of a spaceship cockpit flying through some sort of time tunnel.
The time unnel was quickly knocked up in Hitfilm pro and exported as an Mp4 movie
then imported into CTA3 as a prop! 
I could move it about like any other prop!
Don't know if this helps!
Data Juggler
Data Juggler
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (12.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.4K reputation)

I just tried importing an MP4 file and it got further, but then I get a message 'The codec is not supported by your system.'

It seems like an MP4 would work, perhaps I need to save it in another program and try again because my software saves an MP4 as M4v for some reason.

I will try converting it using some other software I have and see if that works.

PixelDatabase.Net

sjonesdc
sjonesdc
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.6K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
Data Juggler (4/7/2018)
I purchased a HD Aquarium video and resized it and put a frame around it.
Is there anyway to make a video become a prop?

I have some other software I can do overlays, but it would be nice to do all in one software.

Thanks

Do the following:
1. Click Create
2. Select Create Media
3. Select  Props
4. Browse to location of video
5. Select video wmv, mp4, mov
6. Place on stage, position and resize 

Save the Spaceman - you beat me to the punch!

sjonesdc Hehe

STILL LEARNING!!!

Edited
6 Years Ago by sjonesdc
Data Juggler
Data Juggler
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

I got it working thanks to both of you (Spaceman and sjonesdc).

I tried two different programs I have to convert my video an MP4 and both failed with a coded not supported.

Thanks to sjones (I had a cat that looked just like your pic), I converted my video to WMV and it worked.

I am not sure I trust the online converter I used as a test so I will probably buy a WMV converter, but now I am excited I can add video props.

Also your tip on 'Did you save the project' helped me. As a programmer I guess I should have thought 'How is content stored', but I was thinking the Content Manager was project agnostic, but I learn something knew every day. This past week I was on vacation to learn Crazytalk 8 and Crazytalk Animator 3 and I have filled my brain with knowledge but I know I have only begun. I may have to purge some other old info to make room for all this.

I do have 1 last question; the only way I can see to bring in content is I have to line up Windows Explorer (actually a program I wrote called NFlate) and drag files in. I do not see a browse button to bring in files. I only see Import Model from the File Menu.

Anyway, I am going to give Spaceman credit for this one, but I think your WMV tip helped equally.

I bet I have put in 120 hours in the last two weeks and I have about 3 minutes of video. I started going faster when I bought Crazytalk 8 for close ups, but being a 1 person writer, graphics artist, audio technician, sound effect engineer, video editor and narrator and I feel like I need a vacation after my vacation.

PixelDatabase.Net

sjonesdc
sjonesdc
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.6K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
Data Juggler,

Glad to be of some help. Yes that's my cat up there!  but I'm not sure what you mean when you wrote:

I do have 1 last question; the only way I can see to bring in content is I have to line up Windows Explorer (actually a program I wrote called NFlate) and drag files in. I do not see a browse button to bring in files. I only see Import Model from the File Menu.

If you mean installing content, there is a method for installing content when you purchase content from Reallusions Software or Content store(website) OR when you purchase items from the  Marketplace, which will install the content to the "correct" directory.   You should be able to see all of your installed content in the "Content Manager window, which is usually located on the right side of the screen. 

http://manual.reallusion.com/CrazyTalk_Animator_3/ENU/Pipeline/Content/Resources/Images/Content_Manager_and_Scene_Manager.jpg

sjonesdc Hehe

STILL LEARNING!!!

Data Juggler
Data Juggler
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

I was referring to .Png files or WMV file importing. I do not see a browse button for importing this content without drag and dropping.

PixelDatabase.Net

Tonestarr Studios
Tonestarr Studios
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (30 reputation)New Member (30 reputation)New Member (30 reputation)New Member (30 reputation)New Member (30 reputation)New Member (30 reputation)New Member (30 reputation)New Member (30 reputation)New Member (30 reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
bring it in as a prop, you might have to get another codec like K-lite codec pack 1590 full
Data Juggler
Data Juggler
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Thanks for the answer. I had forgot this question, as now that have IClone I haven't touched Crazy Talk Animator or the other product I bought.

I have learned a lot since this post, but probably never learn all there is to learn for IClone.

PixelDatabase.Net

Reading This Topic