Profile Picture

How do I make the Camera Blue Rectangle Smaller?

Posted By Data Juggler 6 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Data Juggler
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (12.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.4K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 4 hours ago
I have tried Camera Zoom, and that seems to make other objects smaller or bigger, but I would like the blue box to be smaller.
Is that a property that can be set?
Thanks

Creator of the free website:
PixelDatabase.Net
A Free Online Text Based Image Editor
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/6e6663e2-0ecf-447a-ab3d-d49d.png

sjonesdc
sjonesdc
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.6K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
Data Juggler (4/6/2018)
I have tried Camera Zoom, and that seems to make other objects smaller or bigger, but I would like the blue box to be smaller.
Is that a property that can be set?
Thanks

I think that's the "Preview Window (Working Area) - The characters and props in the scene as well as the export range bounded in the Safe Area can be observed in the Preview Window."  (described in the manual). I don't thnk it can be resized.   

sjonesdc Hehe

STILL LEARNING!!!

Data Juggler
Data Juggler
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (12.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.4K reputation)

Ok thanks. There are just times I want to record a smaller area instead of having to resize every prop / character.

PixelDatabase.Net

sjonesdc
This post has been flagged as an answer
sjonesdc
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.6K reputation)

Data Juggler (4/7/2018)
Ok thanks. There are just times I want to record a smaller area instead of having to resize every prop / character.

I'm not sure I understand what you're saying!.  The camera can be positioned to show different areas of the scene and can be zoomed in. Here is an example:

The original scene with camera in default position

Closeup of part of the scene with camera moved and zoomed in
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/5d58391f-c6e3-40ce-b1e7-5502.jpg

NOTHING WAS RESIZED.

Hope this helps!

sjonesdc Hehe

STILL LEARNING!!!

Data Juggler
Data Juggler
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

I also found another way to do it. If you uncheck Lock Ratio, you can set a specific size.

I will be a glad a year from now when I know more about this software.

PixelDatabase.Net

sjonesdc
sjonesdc
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Data Juggler (4/7/2018)
I also found another way to do it. If you uncheck Lock Ratio, you can set a specific size.

I will be a glad a year from now when I know more about this software.

I'm still not sure what you want to do.  The Lock Ratio refers to the Width and Height of the character or the prop NOT THE "BLUE Rectangle". Remember the Blue Rectangle represents what is seen through the camera lens.  I would really suggest that you save the original scene first, move the camera to the section of the scene that you want, zoom in, do what you want to do, then save the scene.  Think of this as if you are making a video, you don't size and resize the actors and/or props, you manipulate the camera.

sjonesdc Hehe

STILL LEARNING!!!

Edited
6 Years Ago by sjonesdc
Ibis Fernandez
Ibis Fernandez
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (15.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.4K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Months Ago
You "resize that rectangle" by adjusting the export aspect ratio sizes.   
Just click the export option (even if you are not looking to actually export yet), then change the export size .
By changing the width and height of the export you would also be resizing that rectangle which is basically a preview of the area that is to be exported.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/ad51c90b-00a8-459d-8ca4-2136.gif
Ibis Fernandez   |   (available for hire)
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Professional Animator, Filmmaker | Creator of the highest quality (modular) G2 rigs for cartoon animator and developer of Toon Titan and Puppet Producer 
Author of Flash Animation and Cartooning: A Creative Guide
>>> be sure to check out http://toontitan.com for professional grade assets, templates, and custom tools for Cartoon Animator and more.
Data Juggler
Data Juggler
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Yes I figured that out already.

Sorry I didn't update this post.

I also found this other setting that lets you set the 'border' area width; I can't start CTA until my other issue is fixed, but that helped also.

PixelDatabase.Net

Ibis Fernandez
Ibis Fernandez
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (15.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.4K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Months Ago
you provably just need to update your .net runtime if using windows. Usually solves most issues like that.  (not serial number stuff though)

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/ad51c90b-00a8-459d-8ca4-2136.gif
Ibis Fernandez   |   (available for hire)
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Professional Animator, Filmmaker | Creator of the highest quality (modular) G2 rigs for cartoon animator and developer of Toon Titan and Puppet Producer 
Author of Flash Animation and Cartooning: A Creative Guide
>>> be sure to check out http://toontitan.com for professional grade assets, templates, and custom tools for Cartoon Animator and more.
Edited
6 Years Ago by Ibis Fernandez
Data Juggler
Data Juggler
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

I have the latest Visual Studio 2017 installed (and the latest release) 15.6. I can't change my development environment (which pays my bills) because they are saying 'Invalid Serial Number'. This has to be a licensing issue. The program starts; if it was a corrupt .NET framework the app most likely wouldn't start.

But thank you for replying. If it turns out this is the issue I will have to buy another development machine for animation.
I am waiting to hear from them, because it was exactly 15 days that all my programs stopped working since I had installed the trial. I suspect something triggered a 'Trial Expired', even though I did uninstalled the trial before installing the pipeline version I purchase.

Corby

PixelDatabase.Net

Edited
6 Years Ago by Data Juggler

Reading This Topic