Morph Creator: How To Save Morphs

Posted By Lord Ashes 6 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Lord Ashes
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (20.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.8K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 Weeks Ago
I have created some clothing morphs using Morph Creator. After some initial troubles, I got the morphs working as expected. However, I don't see any way to save the morphs (to make them available in the Marketplace) without saving them as part of an iAvatar. Is there a way to save and distribute Morph Creator morphs without providing them as part of an iAvatar (as you can do with CC morphs)?

In iC7 clothing morphs are actually applied to the character not the clothing (if you select the character clothing then there is no Morph Creator option). When added to the character, the morph sliders work great (affecting the clothing as expected) even though they are applied at the character level. However, I don't see any way to save the morphs. The Morph Creator seem to provide only an option to save an iAvatar file. When I push the character from iC7 to CC2 then the morphs do not show up at all. This leads me to believe that if I save the clothing in CC2 and use it on another character, the morphs will not be present. If that is the case then being able to save the morphs as part of an iAvatar file is useless for my purpose because the end user would have no way to get the morphs off the provided iAvatar character onto a different iAvatar character.

Does anyone know how clothing morphs can be saved (and distributed in the Marketplace) without having to "lock them down" to a specific character (iAvatar)?

"We often compare ourselves to the U.S. and often they come out the best, but they only have the right to bear arms while we have the right to bare breasts"
Bowser and Blue, Busting The Breast
Lord Ashes
Lord Ashes
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (20.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.8K reputation)

Hmmm...Maybe the clothing morphs need to be applied in CC like other CC character morphs. However, if this is the case I have no idea what to use for the entries for the Source, Target and Checksum entries on the Morph Slider Editor. I tried putting the clothing on a base CC2 Female and then setting Default or Current for the Source and then the clothing morph for the Target but that did not work. I'm guessing it may not work this way because the Target is expecting to be a character (not a clothing) morph.

"We often compare ourselves to the U.S. and often they come out the best, but they only have the right to bear arms while we have the right to bare breasts"
Lord Ashes
Lord Ashes
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Okay in CC, I managed to save one Avatar with the morph applied and the other without the morph applied. I then tried to make a CC slider using the two avatars at the source and target (tried it both ways). The slider gets created but does not have any effect (resulting character always shows the non-applied state).

Rampa
Rampa
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)

Last Active: 56 minutes ago
I think you need to hit the "Bake" up in the toolbar. This will make the morphed one a base. Then you should be able to morph between the two bases.
Lord Ashes
Lord Ashes
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Rampa (4/3/2018)
I think you need to hit the "Bake" up in the toolbar. This will make the morphed one a base. Then you should be able to morph between the two bases.

Not exactly sure what you mean...but I'm guessing you mean:
1. In CC, load Avatar without morph applied.
2. In CC, select Bake.
3. in CC, export iAvatar.
4. In CC, load Avatar with morph applied.
5. In CC, select Bake.
6. In CC, export iAvatar.
7. In CC,create Morph Slider with iAvatar created in step 3 as Source and iAvatar created in step 6 as Target.
8. Fill in other parameters of the Morph Slider and create the slider.
9. Change the morph slider to apply or remove the morph.

If that is what you meant then it did not change any results for me. I am still able to create the slider but it does not change anything when I apply the slider in CC.

Rampa
Rampa
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)

Last Active: 56 minutes ago
Hmmm..... That's what I thought would work. I found the tutorial Kai did on it. See if sheds any light on how to make it work.

Lord Ashes
Lord Ashes
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Rampa (4/3/2018)
Hmmm..... That's what I thought would work. I found the tutorial Kai did on it. See if sheds any light on how to make it work.

Sort of. I am trying to do the opposite. The tutorial creates morphs in CC, saves them as iAvatar files and then applies them using Morph Creator in iC7.
In my case I have morphs applied in iC7 but I want to save them (either via iC7 or CC) in some format other than iAvatar because they are clothing morphs that need to be applied to different characters.
However, I did follow the tutorial to test my two iAvatar files and the Morph Creator indicated that both are identical. This is not what I expected but seems to be consistent with CC creating a morph slider that does nothing (since both the source and target are the same). The odd thing is that when I load the two iAvatars in CC, the morph is applied correctly. I tried both baked and non-baked versions of the iAvatar files. 

The below video shows my process:

As you can see in the video, I initially load each of the two iAvatar files in CC to show that the first does not have the morph applied while the second does. The video then shows me creating a CC morph slider which creates successfully but when it is applied it has no effect. The video next shows me pushing the character to iC7, launching Morph Creator and then trying to add the morphed iAvatar file as a morph. As you can see, Morph Creator comes back with an error saying that the base and morph files are identical and thus a morph slider is not created. It seems that the iAvatar file have data for the clothing morphs but they don't seem to process it when creating CC Morph Sliders or iC7 Morph Animations.
It should be noted that when creating a CC Morph Slider there is a category options for Body, Head, Eyes and Teeth but no Cloth. I am not sure if this is just a grouping category indicating where to add the slider or if this is related to the mesh that is used for the morph.  

Lord Ashes
Lord Ashes
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Opps! I should really listen to the advice of never assuming...

It seems that if you apply iC7 Morphs to clothing and push it into CC there is no indication in CC that the clothing has morphs (at least I did not find it) but it appears that CC does preserve the iC7 morphs. When I added the morphs in iC7, then pushed the character to CC, saved the clothing in CC, started a new project, added the clothing to a new characters and pushed the character back to iC7 the new character was automatically given the corresponding clothing morphs.

So that, at least, answers the distribution question...the clothing can be distributed like any other clothing and should retain the iC7 morphs when used in iC7.

It would be nice, however, to be able to apply the morphs in CC and/or be aware that the clothing has iC7 morphs. I can see great potential for clothing morphs (e.g. dress length adjustments, skirt length adjustments, pant adjustments, hem adjustments, skirt flare adjustments, etc) but many user prefer to dress characters in CC as opposed to iC7 in which case all of these morphs would not be visible.  

Reading This Topic