Profile Picture

So... I would like to know, if this where I should be?

Posted By llhirondelle 6 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
llhirondelle
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (301 reputation)Senior Member (301 reputation)Senior Member (301 reputation)Senior Member (301 reputation)Senior Member (301 reputation)Senior Member (301 reputation)Senior Member (301 reputation)Senior Member (301 reputation)Senior Member (301 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 6 Years Ago
My name is Leo and i have been trying to learn 3D game design and make a children's clickable stories. I am 49 years old now, and now I have grand kids now. I have tried to learn when i am not working. but it's hard at times. I've had a idea in my head which seems like forever. Well maybe not that long. it was when I first told it to my daughter,  so 20 years give to take a couple. I want to make it happen. I am getting tired of trying to get a education by applying government programs or organization that say they can help. only to be told i don't have the requirements. I feel i do. I just need the right tools to do so. So from reading Reallusion about page, It says "Reallusion products grant everyone, from beginners to professionals" So... I would like to know if this where I should be? and what do you guys and gals think?.
Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
As someone MUCH older (and who knows and uses RL products) no, this isn't the place you want to be.  While you can make animations easily in iClone, and those assets CAN be used in games, this whole product line isn't best suited for someone who doesn't know how to make a game and wants and needs handholding to do so.  There are other products out there that can help in this regard, although truth be told making a 3D game will never be an easy task.  It will be both labor intensive as well as require learning a ton of skills, and while it shouldn't stop anyone as young as you, you should also be away it may take years before you can get there.

I would begin by following some of the game engine free products that others will mention here (like Unity, but I'm so far from an expert on those it isn't funny, but there are at least three or four).  They also require a lot of skill and time, but at least they offer an entire environment in which to work.  Once you know enough you can come back here and use RL's products to create assets for those same game engines.  But first you need to lay the groundwork.

It will be an interesting (if long) and enjoyable journey.  Have fun!

Alienware Aurora R12, Win 10, i9-119000KF, 3.5GHz CPU, 128GB RAM, RTX 3090 (24GB), Samsung 960 Pro 4TB M-2 SSD, TB+ Disk space
Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
Edited
6 Years Ago by Kelleytoons
Peter Blood
Peter Blood
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)

Last Active: Last Month
In the "Showcase" forum is a post about a member making a game. His name is aswadone_99 and the post is titled 
"Biblos Chronicles: The Shadow Walkers". I'm sure he would inform you as to the tools he uses. Just comment
on his post and start up a conversation with him. Hope this helps.

Cool pete

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/d9f2ee62-c67b-4c8e-b3cf-4e36.png
http://www.youtube.com/user/peterblood50?feature=mhee
Edited
6 Years Ago by Peter Blood
llhirondelle
llhirondelle
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (301 reputation)Senior Member (301 reputation)Senior Member (301 reputation)Senior Member (301 reputation)Senior Member (301 reputation)Senior Member (301 reputation)Senior Member (301 reputation)Senior Member (301 reputation)Senior Member (301 reputation)

Thank you for your reply. it was very helpful. I do understand its going to be a lot of work. I will look at what you suggested.

Thank you
Leo L'Hirondelle
llhirondelle
llhirondelle
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Thank you. I will go and have a look.

Leo L'Hirondelle

Reading This Topic