Pre-sale question on voices

Posted By mark_218705 6 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
mark_218705
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (518 reputation)Veteran Member (518 reputation)Veteran Member (518 reputation)Veteran Member (518 reputation)Veteran Member (518 reputation)Veteran Member (518 reputation)Veteran Member (518 reputation)Veteran Member (518 reputation)Veteran Member (518 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 5 Years Ago
I watched a few videos, it looks like even a man of average intelligence, like myself, can learn to use this.
I need voices or it is no good for me. The voices I heard in some of th samples/examples of CrazyTalk 8 videos I found on YouTube either sounded great or they sounded like they were computer generated. Text to speech, computer sounding stuff.

What dows CrazyTalk 8 come with for voices, can you upgrade by buying a text to speech voice that sounds like a man or woman. Something like the voice you hear on a book being read to you on your phone, or like a GPS navigator

This thing has so many modules I cannot figure out what all I have to buy to make a simple video. I have seen videos with iClone and a few other things. I can't figure out what I need.

I am thinking of doing some CrazyTalk videos that would be educational in nature, so I need real voices. It would be like an interview between 2 people.

(I also may try and make some videos to talk to my niece)
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: Yesterday
CrazyTalk 8 doesn't come with any voices, it simply uses the voices that are currently installed on your computer. By default Windows comes with 2 or 3 voices depending on location.

If you need additional voices, please take a look at our TTS on Demand service. This cloud based service allows you to generate TTS audio files without needing to install anything.

http://tts.reallusion.com/

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Rogue Anime
Rogue Anime
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (4.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.3K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
Mark - If you need voices, there are also alternatives. Many local colleges have acting clubs, and this sort of direction is one way. Another would be to ask the members on the forum if there are voice talents here in the community, or if anyone here has used voice talent they might recommend to you to as well. Good luck! ~V~

Val RogueAnanda
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/e82de505-c57a-40b9-8cb0-9f87.png

Reading This Topic