Profile Picture

Creating a 10-year old and a 5-year old characters

Posted By amine.marref 6 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
amine.marref
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (380 reputation)Senior Member (380 reputation)Senior Member (380 reputation)Senior Member (380 reputation)Senior Member (380 reputation)Senior Member (380 reputation)Senior Member (380 reputation)Senior Member (380 reputation)Senior Member (380 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 6 Years Ago
Hello,
I am new to all of this.
My objective is to build animated characters for my two kids who are 10 and 5. I used CrazyTalk to do the Photo-to-3D-Avatar head construction and iClone 6's character creator (v1.5) to add the bodies. The application would allow me to only add adult bodies and would change the original CrazyTalk-generated head model (now part of a whole character) to match the added body; for example, adding an adult-male body makes the innocent-looking avatar of my kid look like serious Sam.
Where do I go from here?
Thanks,
Amine.

Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
Assuming you don't want to do it yourself (it IS possible but will require talents to create the morphs) the easiest thing is to buy some of the morphs available in the Marketplace.  There are some children morphs that, albeit a bit cartoonish, can accomplish the trick.  Also, if you buy the Essential Morph Package (and, like it says, it IS essential) you will be able to scale the body down which will help a lot.

So -- start off buying Essential Morphs and see if those morphs don't allow you to tailor things as you want.  If they don't, look at the marketplace for those kids (the developer who made those said he was going to make a general "child" morph for all kid types, but that was back in December and he hasn't done it yet.  I SO need that :>Wink.

Alienware Aurora R12, Win 10, i9-119000KF, 3.5GHz CPU, 128GB RAM, RTX 3090 (24GB), Samsung 960 Pro 4TB M-2 SSD, TB+ Disk space
Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
https://city.reallusion.com/ContentPreview.aspx?i=JCC455ffc07ce6b36749

https://city.reallusion.com/ContentPreview.aspx?i=JCC1be4830b1484136e1

Alienware Aurora R12, Win 10, i9-119000KF, 3.5GHz CPU, 128GB RAM, RTX 3090 (24GB), Samsung 960 Pro 4TB M-2 SSD, TB+ Disk space
Mike "ex-genius" Kelley

Reading This Topic