Profile Picture

11. [iClone 7.21 NEW RELEASE] Performance Up, New Timeline Features, Material Optimization, Daz...

Posted By Grace (RL) 6 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!

11. [iClone 7.21 NEW RELEASE] Performance Up, New Timeline Features,...

Author
Rampa
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 42 minutes ago
toppro77 (4/28/2018)
What good is the "A" hot key to add a key frame to a specific body part, because when you move that body part to animate it, the whole motion layer populates with all body parts. This is ridiculous and needs to be fixed. I want to be able to refer back to the timeline to a particular body part that I animated and find it quickly. I can't do that if all body parts populate on the motion layer at the same spot. I have been waiting for this fix for years. It needs to be addressed. What I currently have had to do is to go back to the spot where, lets say I animated the head to move. I then have to delete all other body parts from that spot to know that this is where I made the adjustment to the head. This still presents a problem, because if I find I need to adjust this part again just a tad, it repopulates the whole motion layer in this section again. This is a major pain in the butt. Please fix it!

There are two solutions for this:

Select "Body Part" will key only the parts(s) that are moved. So if you rotate the head, only it receives a key. If you drag the hand with the translate gizmo, the wrist, elbow, and shoulder will receive keys.
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/479c3dd3-2237-4250-9386-467b.jpg

Using the "FK Mode" also sets individual body-part keys. But it is rotation only, so no inverse kinematics of dragging hands around like the above method.
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/a05a94f8-ddd8-4367-8756-5eeb.jpg
TonyDPrime
TonyDPrime
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (12.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.7K reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
Rampa, man....you are the F1 Help button.

(original thought by Raxel_67)
toppro77
toppro77
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (557 reputation)Veteran Member (557 reputation)Veteran Member (557 reputation)Veteran Member (557 reputation)Veteran Member (557 reputation)Veteran Member (557 reputation)Veteran Member (557 reputation)Veteran Member (557 reputation)Veteran Member (557 reputation)

Last Active: Last Month
Thanks Rampa. I didn't know that. I guess you learn something new everyday.

Reading This Topic