Posted By Grace (RL) 6 Years Ago
Rated 5 stars based on 1 vote.

[iClone & 3DXchange 7.21] Optimized Genesis 8 and Daz Import Pipeline

Author
Delerna
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 Years Ago

Kellytoons
They didn't test it out, that's obvious, and that's a Bad Thing, and (unfortunately) it's typical of way too many things around here.  

We used to say "code in haste, debug in leisure" and that apparently is not something that bothers anyone from RL

In general I try to support Reallusions work but I must agree with you on that. Definitely seems testing changes for issues is no where near high enough in their workflow.
Seems the only test they do is that the updates work for what is intended and don't worry about anything else

i7-3770 3.4GHz CPU 16 GB Ram   
GeForce GTX1080 TI 11GB
Windows 10 Pro 64bit
Edited
6 Years Ago by Delerna
charleshoover885
charleshoover885
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (897 reputation)Veteran Member (897 reputation)Veteran Member (897 reputation)Veteran Member (897 reputation)Veteran Member (897 reputation)Veteran Member (897 reputation)Veteran Member (897 reputation)Veteran Member (897 reputation)Veteran Member (897 reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
All,
OK, been keeping an eye on this thread while spending hours trying to figure a way out of this.  I have spent many, many hours developing a working set of DAZ characters for my modest animating projects which I am NOT willing to lose because of a poorly tested iClone release.

So after lots of testing and looking for ways to live with the loss of functionality caused by 7.2.1.  I rolled everything back to 7.0 and reinstalled to 7.2.  Note that this not only involves iClone proper but 3Dxchange, Popcorn and the Curve Editor.

Bottom line is that version 7.2 is now working for me and all of my characters (so far) convert and work as before. So as far as 7.2.1 goes I say

NO THANKS!

Charles
Edited
6 Years Ago by charleshoover885
TheOldBuffer
TheOldBuffer
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.7K reputation)

Last Active: Last Month
EDIT>>>> Silly me and I'm being very polite. I've only just realised that I did NOT have 7.21 patch installed when I did the testing. When 7.21 was released I uninstalled 3dx7.2 and did a fresh install with what I wrongly assumed was 3dx7.21. DOH!!
I downloaded and installed the patch and to my dismay found 3dx7.21 doesn't work. It doesn't auto recognise Daz Genesis 3 or 8.

I'm so glad I've got 7.2 to reinstall

After having no end of problems bringing in genesis 3 & 8 characters to iClone, which I solved just prior to this new release, (https://forum.reallusion.com/362338/SOLVED-Daz3d-Genesis-8-to-iClone-72-via-3dxchange-7)     I have to report that the process is still working on my system with the exception of the eye mapping. This isnt a major prob as it's a 20 sec fix. I've also noticed that the visemes are a lot less extreme so look more natural. Does anyone know a way to import Daz expression data ?

Homebuilt computer - Windoze 10, INTEL i9 9900 k @ 5.1 GHz, EVGA RTX 2080 TI XC ULTRA, 16GB 3100 MHz RAM, Asus  Maximus Hero XI motherboard, Sound blaster Z series. iClone6 & 7 Pipeline, Crazytalk 8, Crazytalk Animator 2, Facefilter, Pop video 3, Hitfilm 4Pro, Cubase 8.5 Pro,

Edited
6 Years Ago by TheOldBuffer
R Ham
R Ham
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)

Last Active: 4 hours ago
Kelleytoons (4/16/2018)
I have what I want, the ability to use Daz clothing on my CC characters.

I'd be interested to see how you went about that, KT. Could you post a link to a thread where you outlined it? Thanks.

"Less clicks good, more clicks bad."
Edited
6 Years Ago by Rottenham
R Ham
R Ham
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)

Last Active: 4 hours ago
Kelleytoons (4/16/2018)
We used to say "code in haste, debug in leisure" and that apparently is not something that bothers anyone from RL.

Marketing people say "I sell the sizzle, not the steak." Wink

"Less clicks good, more clicks bad."
Dr. Nemesis
Dr. Nemesis
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)

OK, so despite earlier posts to the contrary, I'm not the only one having this issue.
3DXchange 7.21 definitely has some kind of problem with Genesis 3 characters and this is complicated by the fact that not all Daz Gen3's will fail to import.
RL, my concern is, once we figure out WHAT is causing this and file the issue in the tracker (and this becomes increasingly less likely as more of us revert back to 3DXchange 7.0 and 7.1), will we have to wait months AGAIN for a fix? Gen 3 import wasn't working properly in 7.2, now in my case, it's worse in 7.21. My project has over 15 characters and yeah, they're ALL Genesis 3.
My hope is just that there isn't silence on this issue for the next few months.

Anyway, back to the problem itself. I have updated the Daz facekey to the 7.21 version and added the morphs to the correct locations so I don't believe that is the problem. Also, after reverting to 3dX 7.0, it seems to have no problems recognizing the characters with the 7.21 morphs and facekey. I'm also importing animation in the 3DX import settings, so that shouldn't be the issue.
The big problem for me is that the auto recognition of the Daz Gen 3 skeleton (or whatever it is that 3dx looks for) doesn't kick in at the beginning. If I manually assign a profile in the characters setup, the model is successfully made into a non standard character. The problem is this doesn't also run the automatic assignment of face morphs. Maybe that's what gave rise to This feedback tracker entry.

However, if I understand the problem properly, the deeper issue is that 3DXchange just isn't automatically recognizing the model on import and therefor skipping the essential auto assignation of the face morphs. If we knew what new thing it is we need to do to these 'bad' Gen 3 models, presumably we could get this to work, provided this new step doesn't take too long per model.

TheOldBuffer
TheOldBuffer
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.7K reputation)

Please read my edited post above.Thanks

Homebuilt computer - Windoze 10, INTEL i9 9900 k @ 5.1 GHz, EVGA RTX 2080 TI XC ULTRA, 16GB 3100 MHz RAM, Asus  Maximus Hero XI motherboard, Sound blaster Z series. iClone6 & 7 Pipeline, Crazytalk 8, Crazytalk Animator 2, Facefilter, Pop video 3, Hitfilm 4Pro, Cubase 8.5 Pro,

Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: Yesterday
We are sorry to hear that issues are being experienced with converting Daz Genesis 3 characters. We are checking this issue and will update again once more is known.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Rampa
Rampa
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)

Last Active: 8 hours ago
Is it just third-party geograft characters that are not working?
Dr. Nemesis
Dr. Nemesis
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)

I'm not aware of any of my characters having geografts. Am I not aware of what geografts are (quite possible) or are we thinking about different things?

Reading This Topic