Content works but won't Install

Posted By LookingGlassGraphics 6 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
LookingGlassGraphics
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 3 Months Ago
Has this ever happened to any of you developers?
I created a CC clown character called Party Fun Clown . The character uploaded fine and was downloaded fine before. Today I received a 1 Star Rating on the item because someone purchased it and it would not load. I've also experienced this myself for some products that I have purchased over the years but that was from a buyers standpoint. As a developer I can see the original file works fine and I can replace the file in hopes that it would load properly but this product doesn't. Today, 03/25/18, same day as the 1 Star rating, I reached out to the buyer and let him know that I would email the file so that they can drag it into their scene. All the assets on the character were from Character Creator.

Here's a look a the video I made today.

I believe the issue is stemming from the installer but I am not sure. The file has been replaced and it still doesn't load. The product file in the store has also been updated with my current working character. After downloading from my inventory, it still doesn't load. The clothing that's on the character are all from character creator, so I don't know why is it loading properly from the installer. If you have any insight on this issue please elaborate. Thank you in advance !!

J. Rosa
Marketplace Link:
Looking Glass Graphics

Primary
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060
Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-10900K CPU @ 3.70GHz, 32.0 GB RAM, 12 GB Dedicated Ram
Secondary 
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7700K CPU @ 4.20GHz, 32.0 GB RAM, 4 Core(s), 8 GB Dedicated Ram

LookingGlassGraphics
LookingGlassGraphics
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 3 Months Ago
UPDATE: 
The issue has been resolved. The character was uploaded without a watermark and then replaced with a watermark. This corrupted the product file which wouldn't load correctly after install. Reverting them back to the settings they were uploaded with and replacing the file now cause the product to load into the scene normally.  

J. Rosa
Marketplace Link:
Looking Glass Graphics

Primary
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060
Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-10900K CPU @ 3.70GHz, 32.0 GB RAM, 12 GB Dedicated Ram
Secondary 
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7700K CPU @ 4.20GHz, 32.0 GB RAM, 4 Core(s), 8 GB Dedicated Ram

Edited
6 Years Ago by LookingGlassGraphics

Reading This Topic