Searching For Component That Uses A Material

Posted By Lord Ashes 6 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Lord Ashes
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (20.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.8K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Week
A while back I created an Android for which I created a white, glossy plastic material so that I could quickly apply the same material settings to other parts of the android. The material was saved locally on my machine. The Android content was then upload to the marketplace for sale. No issues.

Later, however, I created some completely new content and decided to use the same material on some of its parts. When this secondary content was upload to the marketplace it tripped a Derived Content warning indicating that the user needed to buy the Android content in order to use the second content. This seems odd to me. If I make a new custom materials, it is likely that I will use it with many content and thus it seems odd to me that it would trip Derived Content. However that is not the discussion of this post...

My current content is made up of multiple iProp and thus I have created a sample project to show how the iProp fit together and how they can be animated. This content is tripping the Derived Content warning with an indication that the derived content is the Android material. However, it does not indicate what iProp is using it. I have done a quick search of the iProp in the project but I can't seem to find the iProp that is using the material. This is partially due to the fact that when materials are applied they don't show the material name. On the Material tab there is a column for Material Name but it does not reflect the name of the loaded material which makes the Android material even harder to locate.

Is there some way to easily identify which components (e.g. iProps) of a project are causing Derived Content and/or which mesh material of a component (e.g. iProp) is causing Derived Content?
Is there any way to determine if a component will cause Derived Content without uploading it to the marketplace?   

"We often compare ourselves to the U.S. and often they come out the best, but they only have the right to bear arms while we have the right to bare breasts"
Bowser and Blue, Busting The Breast

Reading This Topic