Is there a zoom setting anywhere on the menu options

Posted By Data Juggler 6 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Data Juggler
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (12.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.4K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 11 hours ago
I am trying to get used to this environment, but every time I switch from 2D View to 3D View, It switches me so zoomed in, and I can't zoom out because I have an object selected.

When I try and zoom out in 3D mode, other objects get moved around because I am too zoomed in to even tell what is selected.

Also, if I place a new item on a scene, I watched in a video tutorial where he seemed to have a way to move an object in front of another object without switching to 3D mode.

I think a Right Click > Bring To Front, Send Backwards context menu option should be there, but I don't see one.
Being a developer this is a cool environment if I can just figure out how to use it.
I can't even make it through a 20 minute tutorial in several hours without knowing how to do these things, and I didn't see this in the manual.
And last question, is there a way to download the manual as a PDF so I can read it without having to click on Links like your website. I click on a topic on the left hand side, and then 3 sub menus appear on the right. I just want to start reading, but I don't know what to read the way your website is arranged.

Thanks for any help,

Creator of the free website:
PixelDatabase.Net
A Free Online Text Based Image Editor
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/6e6663e2-0ecf-447a-ab3d-d49d.png

Data Juggler
Data Juggler
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (12.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.4K reputation)

I did figure out a little bit how to use the 3D Mode. Unselect everything before clicking, and immediately after entering 3D mode, hold down the right mouse button and turn the scene to get a horizontal view.

I am sure this 3D Layer system took a long time to build, but a 'Layers' Property window I can move up and down, and a right click context menu with the following options would be faster to me:
Bring To Front
Bring Forwards (1 layer)
Send Backwards (1 layer)
Send To Back

What I still haven't figure out is there a 'Properties' window for each object so I can name them, leave comments, etc. would be a nice way to help manage things.

I am buying this morning; this is a cool software if I can figure everything out.

PixelDatabase.Net

Data Juggler
Data Juggler
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

I think I hit Post reply twice, and this is a duplicate reply. I do not see a way to delete a post; sorry to post a reply twice.

PixelDatabase.Net

Edited
6 Years Ago by corby_966149
vepop
vepop
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
In the Stage Mode, you compose your animation, placement of characters n props etc ...
If you want to zoom in to have a closer look of your subject, there is an arrow key at the top right hand side.
This is the Camera Zoom. Use this to zoom in or out.

Once you've done with the composition, click the Camera Record Mode.
This is the mode which your video will be displayed once you export it as a video clip.
In the Camera Record Mode, you use the same arrow key to zoom in and out.

Thanks.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/9331d0a4-6a4b-4e86-9f88-963f.jpg
YouTube Tutorials Here
kylelee
kylelee
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Data Juggler (3/24/2018)
I am trying to get used to this environment, but every time I switch from 2D View to 3D View, It switches me so zoomed in, and I can't zoom out because I have an object selected.

When I try and zoom out in 3D mode, other objects get moved around because I am too zoomed in to even tell what is selected.

Also, if I place a new item on a scene, I watched in a video tutorial where he seemed to have a way to move an object in front of another object without switching to 3D mode.

I think a Right Click > Bring To Front, Send Backwards context menu option should be there, but I don't see one.
Being a developer this is a cool environment if I can just figure out how to use it.
I can't even make it through a 20 minute tutorial in several hours without knowing how to do these things, and I didn't see this in the manual.
And last question, is there a way to download the manual as a PDF so I can read it without having to click on Links like your website. I click on a topic on the left hand side, and then 3 sub menus appear on the right. I just want to start reading, but I don't know what to read the way your website is arranged.

Thanks for any help,

You can go to Learning Center to download the PDF file. the PDF file download link is on the middle five buttons.

Reading This Topic