Profile Picture

System requirements; bottlenecks

Posted By eglatz 6 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
eglatz
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (217 reputation)Junior Member (217 reputation)Junior Member (217 reputation)Junior Member (217 reputation)Junior Member (217 reputation)Junior Member (217 reputation)Junior Member (217 reputation)Junior Member (217 reputation)Junior Member (217 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 6 Years Ago
Hi all,
I am using CrazyTalk8 for longer animations based on imported audio files. Currently I am limited to audio files of at most 3.5 minutes (otherwise processing stalls and aborts). But, because I need to animate instructional videso of up tn 40 minutes length it would be most convenient to be able going up to the specified maximum audio length of 15 minutes.
My system uses a Quadcore pentium Q6600 at 2.4 GHz, Windows 10 32 bit and is equiped with 4 GB RAM, multiple SSD's and an Nvidia GeForce 9500 GT (512 MB DDR3 video RAM).
Can anybody tell me where the bottleneck is? Is it the CPU power, the RAM size or even the GPU power? This woulf hrelp me to upgrade my HW.
Thank you for any help,
Ed
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 6 hours ago
Sadly Ed the problem is your computer. CrazyTalk isn't the most demanding of programs but it does need decent spec system to get the best out of it.

In your case the graphic card is a particular problem. The GeForce 9500 GT is now about 10 years old which is a lifetime in computer graphics. If you are able to upgrade your computer I think you will see a major improvement in performance. For now you will be wise to keep your project lengths short and then edit all the videos together after rendering. 

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

eglatz
eglatz
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (217 reputation)Junior Member (217 reputation)Junior Member (217 reputation)Junior Member (217 reputation)Junior Member (217 reputation)Junior Member (217 reputation)Junior Member (217 reputation)Junior Member (217 reputation)Junior Member (217 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 6 Years Ago
Hi Peter, thanks a lot for the advice. I will either upgrade my system or replace it with a complete new one.

Reading This Topic