Timeline editing

Posted By j.piccirillo 6 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
j.piccirillo
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (540 reputation)Veteran Member (540 reputation)Veteran Member (540 reputation)Veteran Member (540 reputation)Veteran Member (540 reputation)Veteran Member (540 reputation)Veteran Member (540 reputation)Veteran Member (540 reputation)Veteran Member (540 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 6 Years Ago
Hello, I hope I have the correct forum. I need a little help. I have created two characters which occupies the same general location on the stage. The effort is to show the first character and then after 90 frames make it vanish and the second character to appear at frame 91 (as the first creature vanishes). 
 I can move/edit the vanish bars around on each timeline but CTA gets confused and remnants  of the first character do not vanish as shown on the Timeline.
Am I doing something wrong?
Thanks in advance for any and all help.
Jim

jlittle
jlittle
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
Are you using Visibility or Opacity to "vanish" the character?
Can you show an example?

Have you attached props to the character that you have not "vanished"?

Jeff

Get my Plugin Manager and TaskNotes plugins for iClone.
Check out EZColors and Other products for CTA/CA. EZColors: the easy way to change Render Styled (RS) colors!
See my CTA Tutorials on the YouTube channel CTAStepByStep

kylelee
kylelee
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
This is my testing to set visible/invisible key for show/hide character, you can refer this method.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/b5a29a4b-5ef1-464b-99e9-dc2e.gif
j.piccirillo
j.piccirillo
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (540 reputation)Veteran Member (540 reputation)Veteran Member (540 reputation)Veteran Member (540 reputation)Veteran Member (540 reputation)Veteran Member (540 reputation)Veteran Member (540 reputation)Veteran Member (540 reputation)Veteran Member (540 reputation)

Jeff, thank you for the reply. I have recreated the two characters. The results are slightly different but there is still a problem. I have published the resulting video on YouTube. The link is https://youtu.be/5nuiNaMOP3o or you can search "BinaGuideDog" on YouTube. I create the First Character and move to frame 90 and create the second character ( the German Shepard). I am pressing F3 to view the timeline. I select Bina (German Shepard then click on  Visible and it shows key frame (?) diamond starting at frame diamond at zero. I select the diamond at frame zero and drag it to frame 90. The published video is the result. The German Shaper ad is always visible. I do not see well so I cannot see the details of you video can you descript the process verbally?

Thank you for your patients.

Jim

j.piccirillo
j.piccirillo
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Visible and no props.
Jim
jlittle
jlittle
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
j.piccirillo (3/22/2018)
I create the First Character and move to frame 90 and create the second character ( the German Shepard). I am pressing F3 to view the timeline. I select Bina (German Shepard then click on  Visible and it shows key frame (?) diamond starting at frame diamond at zero. I select the diamond at frame zero and drag it to frame 90. The published video is the result. The German Shaper ad is always visible.

You do not (and probably should not) need to move the diamond at frame 1.
Position on the on the frame to change visibility and click on the Visible/Invisible menu item.
That will add the keyframe (diamond) to the timeline at that frame you are positioned on.
You can scrub (move the frame pointer) back and forth along the timeline for each character and verify that the visible/invisible is working.

For the character that turns visible at frame 90, position at frame 1 and make sure the Invisible menu item is shown (closed eye).
If not click so that it is.
Move to frame 90 and click to change visibility to visible (open eye).
Move the frame pointer back and forth to make sure it is working.

For the character that disappears at frame 90, move to frame 90 and click on the visible menu button and th character will disappear.
Move the frame pointer back and forth to make sure it is working.

Also look at Kylelee's post above.

I think that dragging the initial key from frame 1 is messing you up. Just move to frame one and click for invisible, that at frame 90 click for visible.

Jeff

Get my Plugin Manager and TaskNotes plugins for iClone.
Check out EZColors and Other products for CTA/CA. EZColors: the easy way to change Render Styled (RS) colors!
See my CTA Tutorials on the YouTube channel CTAStepByStep

j.piccirillo
j.piccirillo
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Jeff and Kylee, that is the information I needed. I edited the key frames on the timeline as suggested and it worked correctly. I also did not understand how the "eye" button worked.
Thanks to both of you for your help and patients.
You both did your good deed for the day.
Jim

Reading This Topic