Idle Sitting (seated) MOTIONS

Posted By sonic7 6 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
wires
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 hours ago
Have you looked at the Theater Crowd made by Warlord? These are low poly and may reduce the brain smoke. He has several other collections of Peeps on offer.

Gerry

System: Win 10 Pro (21H2), Asus X99-E WS, CPU i7-5930K -3,5 GHz, 32 GB DDR4 2666-16 RAM, NVidia GTX 1080 Ti GPU - 11 GB VRAM(Driver Studio-536.99), Samsung 850 Pro 512 GB SSD, 6 TB HD storage.

sonic7
sonic7
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (13.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.5K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year

I have Gerry, thanks....
Like I say, I'm probably re-inventing the wheel - but being so new to this, I'm not sure how such packs will work for my particular project.
They may well be totally suitable / adaptable, but I lack the courage to spend even small - when I'm floundering with the newness of all this.
Sounds counterintuitive I know - not spending a few bucks to make life easier for myself. (I'll get there, just need to build my confidence in things).
It's just that everything is a bit overwhelming at first - even tho iClone no doubt makes the workload heaps easier compared with the fully fledged animation programs that have huge learning curves. 
BTW - I've a lot of respect for Warlord's knowledge/experience/abilities. Would be great to find my way around iClone like he does.
I probably just have to go through these birth pains .... No pain, no gain ....

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please be patient with me ..... I don't always 'get it' the first time 'round - not even the 2nd time! Sad  - yikes! ... 
MSI GT72VR Laptop, i7 7700HQ 4-Core 3.8 GHz 16GB RAM; Nvidia 1070, 8GB Vram iClone-7.93  3DXChange Pipeline 7.81  CC-3 Pipeline 3.44  Live Face  HeadShot  Brekel Pro-Body  Popcorn FX  iRAY  Kinect V2  DaVinci Resolve17  Mixcraft 8.1

Edited
6 Years Ago by sonic7
thebiz.movies
thebiz.movies
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (13.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.1K reputation)

Last Active: 3 hours ago
Being new at this I would suggest this.  Pose your character into a seated position using the edit motion layer tool.
Then use the body puppeteer to add motions and the mask to remove the hips and legs from the motion (dont worry about the linked app for now...just use the canned motions).  

Use the free tools before you go searching for the pay set.

Direct Puppet - (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=viZh7kT7tfg
Body Puppet - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ExPAnWfPa0c

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/c02c75f8-9ae1-4091-b8e9-2175.gifhttps://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/4c56836b-f19d-4836-8a16-6370.gif

Edited
6 Years Ago by thebiz.movies
sonic7
sonic7
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (13.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.5K reputation)

@thebiz.movies
..... thank you for that advice ...... appreciate it  Smile

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please be patient with me ..... I don't always 'get it' the first time 'round - not even the 2nd time! Sad  - yikes! ... 
MSI GT72VR Laptop, i7 7700HQ 4-Core 3.8 GHz 16GB RAM; Nvidia 1070, 8GB Vram iClone-7.93  3DXChange Pipeline 7.81  CC-3 Pipeline 3.44  Live Face  HeadShot  Brekel Pro-Body  Popcorn FX  iRAY  Kinect V2  DaVinci Resolve17  Mixcraft 8.1

Edited
6 Years Ago by sonic7
Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)

Last Active: 5 minutes ago
Okay, I made a little clip which you are free to do with what you want (including ignoring it).

In doing so I learned a couple of things:

1) I'm no actor.  I've always been writer/director, but as a director I've had to show my actors how to perform.  And, of course, performed myself in various plays, movies and television work over the years.  Sigh -- either I've forgotten everything I once knew, or I'm just devoid of ideas.  I sat there and couldn't think of anything to do, really.  Where was my motivation?  A Circus?  They don't even have those anymore (thank God).  And I'm not really young enough to understand how to use a cell phone during a performance of anything, so I couldn't do that very well.  I guess my limitations are really showing.

2) Don't try and do this during a thunderstorm.  I got power outed three times before I finally got *something* and as a result I didn't do nearly as much as I wanted (because every time it happened I had to start all over again, and the last time I cut it short after a minute or two because I was afraid I'd get dumped again).  So -- hopefully at least you can use *some* of it or it will give you ideas for other things.

3) I can't do a women (see #1).  I can't cross my legs like that, not even close, or even act like one.  So another limitation.  Sigh.

https://mega.nz/#!omhAHRba!mmC1V9d1twYGyXTIrgRBo3pi-5WPmI2BRPF-YColkIg

Alienware Aurora R16, Win 11, i9-149000KF, 3.20GHz CPU, 64GB RAM, RTX 4090 (24GB), Samsung 870 Pro 8TB, Gen3 MVNe M-2 SSD, 4TBx2, 39" Alienware Widescreen Monitor
Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
sonic7
sonic7
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Hey Kelly !!!
Thank you so much for that iMotion file!
Great stuff. Nearly 6,000 frames according to the time-line - that'll give me plenty of options for editing.
I thought the balance between 'movement' and 'non movement' was spot on.
Your comment: ".... Don't try to do this during a thunderstorm ..... " cracked me up Tongue
Sorry it was thwart with such danger .... Crying
This is great stuff Kelly - thanks again ...
(Got to out now - will play with it when I get back)....
Steve.

Edited
6 Years Ago by sonic7

Reading This Topic