Idle Sitting (seated) MOTIONS

Posted By sonic7 6 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
sonic7
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (13.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.4K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year

Hi ....
Can anyone give me a heads up on aquiring various 'idle' sitting (audience) motions - I need heaps of these various motions.
(Crossing legs, folding arms, minor fidgiding etc)
I'd buy, but due to the quantity needed, (and all being all the same "type" of motion) - I'd break my budget....
BTW - I tried downloading freebies from Mixamo, but 3DXchange 'complained' that they weren't fbx 2011 or prior ???
Am I doing something wrong here? Maybe there's a work around?
Thnx.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please be patient with me ..... I don't always 'get it' the first time 'round - not even the 2nd time! Sad  - yikes! ... 
MSI GT72VR Laptop, i7 7700HQ 4-Core 3.8 GHz 16GB RAM; Nvidia 1070, 8GB Vram iClone-7.93  3DXChange Pipeline 7.81  CC-3 Pipeline 3.44  Live Face  HeadShot  Brekel Pro-Body  Popcorn FX  iRAY  Kinect V2  DaVinci Resolve17  Mixcraft 8.1

Edited
6 Years Ago by sonic7
Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)

Last Active: 40 minutes ago
You might want to do a search here for Mixamo, because you should be able to import all those motions (and fairly easily).

That will give you a good start, and each of those motions can be custom tailored inside of Mixamo (with various rhythm and other parms that can make them unique to each other).  Of course, if I were doing this I'd just use Anima but given your budget that probably isn't a consideration (but if it is you might well consider it, as it's kind of designed for that sort of thing).

Alienware Aurora R12, Win 10, i9-119000KF, 3.5GHz CPU, 128GB RAM, RTX 3090 (24GB), Samsung 960 Pro 4TB M-2 SSD, TB+ Disk space
Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
sonic7
sonic7
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (13.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.4K reputation)

Yeah - thanks Kelly.
I got Mixamo motions to work properly in the end. (had to ignore that message about 2011 or earlier Version fbx).
(Had to first import a model in T-Pose, followed by the model with motions attached).
There wasn't a lot of files availble for 'idle sitting' motions tho.
I may be reinventing the wheel here; I'm sure there's easier ways to approach this.
The main requirement is "diversity" of movements - trying to avoid any repeated or cloned actions.
The "audience" of several hundred Circus goers are distant in the frame, so I'm probably getting pedantic.(I'm still learning this stuff).
Wish I could oprarate iClone like WarLord can ....

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please be patient with me ..... I don't always 'get it' the first time 'round - not even the 2nd time! Sad  - yikes! ... 
MSI GT72VR Laptop, i7 7700HQ 4-Core 3.8 GHz 16GB RAM; Nvidia 1070, 8GB Vram iClone-7.93  3DXChange Pipeline 7.81  CC-3 Pipeline 3.44  Live Face  HeadShot  Brekel Pro-Body  Popcorn FX  iRAY  Kinect V2  DaVinci Resolve17  Mixcraft 8.1

Edited
6 Years Ago by sonic7
Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)

Last Active: 40 minutes ago
And you don't have any mocap, I assume?

It's too bad because this is the kind of thing even the pitiful RL Kinect plugin does well (sitting down motions -- it can't do almost anything else).  You could easily just record yourself for 20 minutes and then cutting and pasting get a real diversity.  Heck, if I feel like maybe I'll do this for you today (I'm driving my wife to work since one of our vehicles won't start -- sigh -- so I'm awake and alert much earlier than usual :>Wink.  Maybe just giving you a 20 minute BVH or iMotions file would allow you to edit what you wanted (and then you could share with others -- pay it forward).

I'll see how my morning goes (kind of hate these dark mornings but that's DST for you).

Alienware Aurora R12, Win 10, i9-119000KF, 3.5GHz CPU, 128GB RAM, RTX 3090 (24GB), Samsung 960 Pro 4TB M-2 SSD, TB+ Disk space
Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
sonic7
sonic7
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Hey Kelly!
That's mighty thoughtful of you .....
Well, like you say, see how your morning goes .....
But that's a really terrific offer. Yeah - using a mocap was on my mind (I wish! Smile).
Steve .....

Edited
6 Years Ago by sonic7
thebiz.movies
thebiz.movies
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (13.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.1K reputation)

Last Active: 8 hours ago
Hi, I have recently needed to do a four minute scene of dialog for two characters seated at a table.  To get seated motions I resorted to two techniques.

Use reach targets for the hips and feet - this will keep the character mostly seated while allowing the upper body to do its thing regardless of the motion.

Use the motion puppet and mask out the hips and legs.  As an added bonus some awesome forum member created a motion puppet editor that allows you to add other motions to the puppet and allwos you to use the masking technique on any motion.  I cant find the link right now but perhaps someone else can help with the link.  Ill look for it later tonight if your interested (its here on the forum somewhere).  Really useful application.

Edit: Here it is from Roberto Columbo (https://forum.reallusion.com/307862/My-XMas-gift-for-the-whole-RL-community)

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/c02c75f8-9ae1-4091-b8e9-2175.gifhttps://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/4c56836b-f19d-4836-8a16-6370.gif

Edited
6 Years Ago by thebiz.movies
sonic7
sonic7
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Thanks for that link to Roberto Columbo's app - looks interesting!
I'll give it a whirl ....
Thanks heaps for posting that!

Edited
6 Years Ago by sonic7
sonic7
sonic7
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Yeah ..... well ....... I read the 'instructions' (manual) for this - it's all very detailed - but my left hemisphere technical brain started emitting smoke. w00t
It's my right hemisphere creative side I'd rather use - 
There's got to be an easier way to (dare I say) 'have fun' creating character movement.
I'd rather be the artist than the technician - but the very technology that empowers this ART has also a habit of getting in the way......
Imagine if a tradesman had to "calculate" his hammer's trajectory every time he was to hammer in a nail !!!!
No he doesn't - he just 'wields' the hammer (it's second nature) - no need to be 'conscious' of the process .....
Maybe I'm getting too old ..... Crying

Edited
6 Years Ago by sonic7
wires
wires
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
sonicthehedgehog_24 (3/20/2018)
Yeah ..... well ....... I read the 'instructions' (manual) for this - it's all very detailed - but my left hemisphere technical brain started emitting smoke. w00t
It's my right hemisphere creative side I'd rather use - 
There's got to be an easier way to (dare I say) 'have fun' creating character movement.
I'd rather be the artist than the technician - but the very technology that empowers this ART has also a habit of getting in the way......
Imagine if a tradesman had to "calculate" his hammer's trajectory every time he was to hammer in a nail !!!!
No he doesn't - he just 'wields' the hammer (it's second nature) - no need to be 'conscious' of the process .....
Maybe I'm getting too old ..... Crying

One must remember that sometimes wielded hammers tend to attempt to cushion the impact by first making contact with the fingers. w00tHeheLaugh

Gerry

System: Win 10 Pro (21H2), Asus X99-E WS, CPU i7-5930K -3,5 GHz, 32 GB DDR4 2666-16 RAM, NVidia GTX 1080 Ti GPU - 11 GB VRAM(Driver Studio-536.99), Samsung 850 Pro 512 GB SSD, 6 TB HD storage.

sonic7
sonic7
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Yes - sounds rather painful Gerry.
Oh for a mocap ! - I'll have to start saving my pennies ..... Tongue

Edited
6 Years Ago by sonic7

Reading This Topic