Profile Picture

Exporting 3D models generated using CrazyTalk 8

Posted By tommaullin 6 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
tommaullin
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (263 reputation)Senior Member (263 reputation)Senior Member (263 reputation)Senior Member (263 reputation)Senior Member (263 reputation)Senior Member (263 reputation)Senior Member (263 reputation)Senior Member (263 reputation)Senior Member (263 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 6 Years Ago
Hi,

I'm still fairly new to IClone and unsure how interoperability works between IClone and other softwares such as Maya. My aim is to make 3D heads using the CrazyTalk's feature which allows the creation of 3D heads from 2 photos. My aim is to then make these into full characters in IClone 6, use mocap to give them some facial movements and body movements and then export the characters and movements together into Maya (as I have already got some scenery made there for animation).

Is this process possible? I'm still relatively new to all this so am unsure. What software would I need to buy to make this possible?

Cheers,
Tom M
tommaullin
tommaullin
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (263 reputation)Senior Member (263 reputation)Senior Member (263 reputation)Senior Member (263 reputation)Senior Member (263 reputation)Senior Member (263 reputation)Senior Member (263 reputation)Senior Member (263 reputation)Senior Member (263 reputation)

*Iclone 7 - apologies.
iglov4
iglov4
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)

Last Active: 3 Months Ago
Hi Tom,
I am a relatively new member also so i am hesitant to offer any advice except to say that i am pretty sure you can do everything you have mentioned provided you also have 3dXchange. I have only responded because your post has been up por a few days without response. Maybe google tutorials
Cheers. Ian

tommaullin
tommaullin
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Hey Ian,

Thanks for the reply!

I found tutorials on exporting standard characters from IClone to Maya but couldn't find one describing the file formats and what's going on behind the scenes at each stage! I was worried that the format the 3D heads from Crazy Talk 8 are stored in might not be the same as the standard characters, or they might be unfeasible big in comparison and lag when loaded elsewhere, or detail might be lost when transferring between softwares!

If anyone has any experience with this sort of a pipeline any feedback would be much appreciated! I'm worried about purchasing all of the software just to find it doesn't allow me to do this!

Cheers!
Tom M
Edited
6 Years Ago by tommaullin

Reading This Topic