Posted By Peter Blood 6 Years Ago
Rated 5 stars based on 3 votes.

Pinned section for completed videos, WIPS, and static art

Author
Peter Blood
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Month
I feel that Reallusion is kind of missing the boat on this. I say that because they give no special preference to those that are actually
producing completed work with their software. I see plenty of posters making 10 to 20 second clips and those are fine in the basic
"Showcase" forum but the problem is that the multitude of clips and tests quickly bury any completed videos and Wips that are posted there.

When a Reallusion artist can spend a year or more to produce a complete story, Reallusion should celebrate the event a bit more as every
story that is complete is an ad for Iclone software. I don't have a million views on my channel I know, but it's been viewed about 28,000 times
which is 28,000 opportunities for someone to get hooked on Iclone as I have. I don't feel it would be too much to ask for 3 'pinned' topics in the
"Showcase" section for 
1. Completed storyline videos
2. Works in Progress
3. Static art made with Iclone.

These would give those who actually produce with the software a forum for the more comprehensive showing of their work and would cost
Reallusion nothing to do. Keeping completed work in front of the forum members longer provides more discussion on the techniques involved in the
production which results in more and better productions. IMHO

Cool pete

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/d9f2ee62-c67b-4c8e-b3cf-4e36.png
http://www.youtube.com/user/peterblood50?feature=mhee
Edited
6 Years Ago by peterblood
Rogue Anime
Rogue Anime
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (4.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.3K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
@peterblood - HEAR HEAR! Now this is an idea I appreciate. Works from folks like @TheDirector, @Grabiller, you and more really ARE lost in the fog here. I am currently writing a novel and producing the movie using iClone simultaneously, hence I have released almost nothing for that and other reasons.
     I'm certain I'm missing things from members who are new, or that I am not subscribed to. (I am subscribed to  YOU!Smile) I learn a lot from the WIP's I do see and certainly from the finished things that pop up when I see them.  I vote for your idea 100% Cool ~V~

Val RogueAnanda
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/e82de505-c57a-40b9-8cb0-9f87.png

Postfrosch
Postfrosch
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (37.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.8K reputation)

Hi pete,
i vote for this
Greets Werner (Postfrosch)

--------------------------------------------------------------
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/cd9c9a06-21a5-44c5-9f67-6810.jpg
justaviking
justaviking
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
+1

...and on a related note, I'll also make another vote for a "Filmmaking" section of the forum where we can discuss such topics that are not directly related to the iClone tool.
https://forum.reallusion.com/357510/Filmmaking-Forum-Section-

iClone 7... Character Creator... Substance Designer/Painter... Blender... Audacity...
Desktop (homebuilt) - Windows 10, Ryzen 9 3900x CPU, GTX 1080 GPU (8GB), 32GB RAM, Asus X570 Pro motherboard, 2TB SSD, terabytes of disk space, dual  monitors.
Laptop - Windows 10, MSI GS63VR STEALTH-252, 16GB RAM, GTX 1060 (6GB), 256GB SSD and 1TB HDD

Edited
6 Years Ago by justaviking
CtrlZ
CtrlZ
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)

Last Active: 2 days ago
This is not just a good IDEA it's a GREAT one!
Finished works are hard to produce. lets not make them also hard to find!
I am running across things that I have missed by accident and have even thought about subbing to the  showcase tread lol but quickly realized my inbox would be overloaded with unnecessary post like comments, and other things not related to Finished  productions!
I have my first Iclone 7 only film nearing the final stage of production using all the tools iClone has to offer minus a mocap solution and I am very proud of how it is progressingSmile

I am hoping it will not get lost in the shuffle!

Gary

Home built liquid cooled AMD Ryzen 7 1800X cpu (8 core 16 thread) 4.0GHz,  rtx 3090, ASUS Crosshair VI Hero motherboard, 64 GB RAM, 500 GB SSD (Samsung 850 EVO) 6 TB HD's 4K monitor.

Peter Blood
Peter Blood
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)

Last Active: Last Month
CtrlZ: Smile

If I could design it, I would have the banner at the top be a "NOW SHOWING" banner that rotates through the months offerings.
And the banner would have a neon border around it. Ooooooo!!    Oh man, am I getting too far out there?

Cool pete 

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/d9f2ee62-c67b-4c8e-b3cf-4e36.png
http://www.youtube.com/user/peterblood50?feature=mhee
CtrlZ
CtrlZ
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)

peterblood (3/17/2018)
CtrlZ: Smile

If I could design it, I would have the banner at the top be a "NOW SHOWING" banner that rotates through the months offerings.
And the banner would have a neon border around it. Ooooooo!!    Oh man, am I getting too far out there?

Cool pete 

I Like ItBigGrin

Home built liquid cooled AMD Ryzen 7 1800X cpu (8 core 16 thread) 4.0GHz,  rtx 3090, ASUS Crosshair VI Hero motherboard, 64 GB RAM, 500 GB SSD (Samsung 850 EVO) 6 TB HD's 4K monitor.

CtrlZ
CtrlZ
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

I was kinda hoping Peter would put his two cents in on this lol
Peter what do you think? Is this doable?
If not why notWink 
I feel you are doing a bang up job of policing the forum (The trolls have been quiet lately:coolSmile But so have you on things that matter to usWink
We need your feedback so we can feel like we are being heard if that makes any sense!

Thank you for all you do!

Gary  

sonic7
sonic7
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (13.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.5K reputation)

+++++ Great idea ! .....
I'd post my 'work in progress' as it proceeds ... (not due for completion 'til later this year)
(5 minute Music Video with a traditional FILM approach, look and feel) - Instrumental track is complete - just needs vocals now...
It'll heavily rely on iClone sets with (some) live vocal appearances.- Finding my way with this new Art form.
Steve.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please be patient with me ..... I don't always 'get it' the first time 'round - not even the 2nd time! Sad  - yikes! ... 
MSI GT72VR Laptop, i7 7700HQ 4-Core 3.8 GHz 16GB RAM; Nvidia 1070, 8GB Vram iClone-7.93  3DXChange Pipeline 7.81  CC-3 Pipeline 3.44  Live Face  HeadShot  Brekel Pro-Body  Popcorn FX  iRAY  Kinect V2  DaVinci Resolve17  Mixcraft 8.1

Edited
6 Years Ago by sonicthehedgehog_24
GOETZIWOOD STUDIOS
GOETZIWOOD STUDIOS
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (8.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.8K reputation)

Last Active: 3 Years Ago
CtrlZ (3/21/2018)
I was kinda hoping Peter would put his two cents in on this lol
Peter what do you think? Is this doable?
If not why notWink 
I feel you are doing a bang up job of policing the forum (The trolls have been quiet lately:coolSmile But so have you on things that matter to usWink
We need your feedback so we can feel like we are being heard if that makes any sense!
Thank you for all you do!
Gary  

+1

Yet I'm not sure what's happening but Peter doesn't talk to us directly anymore at least if the subject does not concern forum moderation or products issues.

Perhaps he has been given strict instructions about this from Korea, I don't know, since there have been several attempts the last few weeks if not months to get words from him, even about Forum ideas and suggestions.

I hope he is not under "strict" orders or something because I would feel the pain of someone not being able to answer knowing that this will be interpreted as rude and as a lack of courtesy from the community members.
That would be unfair to him and would even bleed over the Reallusion general attitude and reputation as he is an official Reallusion staff member.

--
guy rabiller | GOETZIWOOD STUDIOS
"N.O.E." (Nations Of Earth) Sci-Fi TV Show, Showrunner.

Reading This Topic