Faceware Layered Animations ?

Posted By GOETZIWOOD STUDIOS 6 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
GOETZIWOOD STUDIOS
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (8.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.8K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 3 Years Ago
Hi,
If everything goes as expected I should be able to acquire the Faceware mocap bundle for iClone at the end of this month, so I'll probably start the trial next week.

Meanwhile I have a question: From what I've seen so far, there is a way to do "multipasses" facial animation recording by using the Face Mask feature. My concern is that it seems that whenever you re-record it will basically override what you recorded at first on the same part. There is no "mixing" involved. We can't "layer" or "mix" multipasses recording. Am I correct ?

The idea would be to select some parts of the head and record lipsync first, then do another pass and record "emotional" expressions for instance that would be "added"/"mixed" on top of the previous lipsync recorded parts. Is this currently possible ?

What confuses me is that in the product page it is written:
*../.. Do multi-pass editing to blend up selected feature movements../..*
Which induce "mixing" through the use of the verb "to blend" but the Face Mask feature itself seems to be On/Off based. So I don't know what to think on this matter from the product description alone.

--
guy rabiller | GOETZIWOOD STUDIOS
"N.O.E." (Nations Of Earth) Sci-Fi TV Show, Showrunner.

Edited
6 Years Ago by grabiller

Reading This Topic