Export single UV

Posted By Irrgeist 6 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Irrgeist
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (587 reputation)Veteran Member (587 reputation)Veteran Member (587 reputation)Veteran Member (587 reputation)Veteran Member (587 reputation)Veteran Member (587 reputation)Veteran Member (587 reputation)Veteran Member (587 reputation)Veteran Member (587 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
Hi,
just tested Character Creator. Looks promising for what I need. But before buying the full version I have some quick questions:
1.) Is it possible to set the texture size and to export everything in one UV map instead of several maps for eyes, body, head ect.?
2.) Is it possible to set the poly count? I don't would like to reduce the poly count on the model, when exporting. I only need a 2048x2048 color, roughness, metalness and normal map.
3.) Is it possible to have standard Viewport control like in every other 3D application (navigation with all 3 mouse buttons, move with middle mouse, rotate with shift + middle mouse or something like that)?

Regards,
Irrgeist Smile
Rampa
Rampa
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)

Last Active: 59 minutes ago
There will be version later this year that can create an atlas. The current version keeps the materials all separate. But you can drop the texture resolution as low as 512.
https://forum.reallusion.com/357144/Character-Creator-2018-Roadmap
Edited
6 Years Ago by Rampa
Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)

Last Active: 10 hours ago
As you'll note, that new version that is coming will also allow you to set the polygon count.

Alienware Aurora R16, Win 11, i9-149000KF, 3.20GHz CPU, 64GB RAM, RTX 4090 (24GB), Samsung 870 Pro 8TB, Gen3 MVNe M-2 SSD, 4TBx2, 39" Alienware Widescreen Monitor
Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
Irrgeist
Irrgeist
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (587 reputation)Veteran Member (587 reputation)Veteran Member (587 reputation)Veteran Member (587 reputation)Veteran Member (587 reputation)Veteran Member (587 reputation)Veteran Member (587 reputation)Veteran Member (587 reputation)Veteran Member (587 reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
Hey,

thanks for the replies. Nice to know that there will be a stand alone version in the near future (Is there any ETA yet?).

I only need to create some characters and repaint the generated textures in another 3D tool and adjust the mesh via sculpting for later use in Blender for animating. 
I guess I'll have to wait for the new version to come out then :/

Regards,
Irrgeist
GOETZIWOOD STUDIOS
GOETZIWOOD STUDIOS
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (8.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.8K reputation)

Last Active: 3 Years Ago
Irrgeist (2/24/2018)
../..3.) Is it possible to have standard Viewport control like in every other 3D application (navigation with all 3 mouse buttons, move with middle mouse, rotate with shift + middle mouse or something like that)?../..

[ALT]+RMB : Orbit
[ALT]+LMB : Move
[ALT]+LMB+RMB : Dolly

--
guy rabiller | GOETZIWOOD STUDIOS
"N.O.E." (Nations Of Earth) Sci-Fi TV Show, Showrunner.

Reading This Topic