You don't have permission to rate!

Maximo to 3d exchange to iclone problem = animation not exporting

Author
Problem.png
Famekrafts
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
I just bought iclone today with 3d exchange pro and trying to export mixamo character to iclone through 3d exchange.

When I am exporting, it is not showing any export settings. Check the images, even after export nothing is visible inside iclone.

Whether I use a character or a rig, the motions do not export to iclone 7. Any help will be appreciated.

I was watching a tutorial on youtube for older version of iclone where it is very easy to export these animation motions to iclone. here is the link

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/08c342ae-360c-49b9-b0cd-30a9.jpg

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/b6a9036f-5c5c-45cf-9ab0-63f0.jpg

CTA5, Iclone 7, 3D Exchange Pro, Character Creator 3, Popcornfx plugin, Zbrush, Blender, Vue 2014, Adobe cc suite, Spriter
Homebuild Workstation (Pretty old now but still working great) Win 10, Intel i7 950, 24 GB RAM DDR3, Gigabyte x58a-ud7 motherboard, AMD R9 390 sapphire 8GB VRAM.
Official Website  Reallusion Store  

Edited
6 Years Ago by Famekrafts
Famekrafts
Famekrafts
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)

Ok I have found the solution -We need to convert to non standard first, select maya rig, save the profile and then it exports to iclone flawlessly. The only issue is that I have to do this for 1600 animation motions, which is painful.

There should be a batch export import inside 3d exchange.

CTA5, Iclone 7, 3D Exchange Pro, Character Creator 3, Popcornfx plugin, Zbrush, Blender, Vue 2014, Adobe cc suite, Spriter
Homebuild Workstation (Pretty old now but still working great) Win 10, Intel i7 950, 24 GB RAM DDR3, Gigabyte x58a-ud7 motherboard, AMD R9 390 sapphire 8GB VRAM.

Rampa
Rampa
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
There is a batch import.
Find the animation section in the right-hand panel.
Click the import button.
Select your motions. You can multi-select a bunch at once (regular Windows selection tools).
They will convert with the character when you characterize.

Make sure you are using motions that have the same skeleton as your character.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/f7e45e76-6874-4ff5-9ed0-05ab.jpg
Edited
6 Years Ago by Rampa
Famekrafts
Famekrafts
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Rampa (2/23/2018)
There is a batch import.
Find the animation section in the right-hand panel.
Click the import button.
Select your motions. You can multi-select a bunch at once (regular Windows selection tools).
They will convert with the character when you characterize.

Make sure you are using motions that have the same skeleton as your character.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/f7e45e76-6874-4ff5-9ed0-05ab.jpg

Thanks Rampa this really helps.

PhotoSW
PhotoSW
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)

Last Active: 4 Years Ago
Just curious, when you import from Mixamo, does the model shift when you preview after mapping the bones?  Every time I export a model in, the center shifts forward.  It throws off the ability for the character to walk smoothly.  I cannot figure it out and making adjustments is not working for me.

www.photosw.net
Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)

No, that has never happened.

Again, IIRC (it's been at least a few weeks since I've imported a Mixamo model as I'm phasing that out of my workflow and using Blender to skin instead) when you bring in a Mixamo rigged character XChange automatically senses this and maps it accordingly.  The only thing I do is adjust the feet positions using those two checkboxes.  If you need me I can check this again, but if that's essentially what you are doing (IOW, it all happens automagically) then I'm not sure what you could be doing wrong.

Alienware Aurora R16, Win 11, i9-149000KF, 3.20GHz CPU, 64GB RAM, RTX 4090 (24GB), Samsung 870 Pro 8TB, Gen3 MVNe M-2 SSD, 4TBx2, 39" Alienware Widescreen Monitor
Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)

So you got me thinking (always a dangerous thing) and I went and rigged up a Mixamo character and compared it to the original OBJ very carefully in Blender.

Mixamo definitely does some *things* with the mesh, including forcing it into a very strict t-pose, way beyond what might be accepted as a t-pose.  The arms are rigidly straight (preternaturally) and the back as well, with no curve to the spine.  I suspect this is done for calculation reasons, but it has the effect of slightly distorting the mesh and I could see how someone could have a constructed mesh with a more natural s shaped spine that would be pretty well screwed up by this.

It's instructive... and basically follows the old maxim of "you get what you pay for".  Mixamo is pretty damn good, but it's also not perfect, not by far.  One of the main reasons I went with Blender (and a paid plugin to skin perfectly) was to exactly avoid situations like this.  Indeed, as I was messing around I found a mesh that, while otherwise fine, Mixamo did not like (my plugin handled just great).  I'm glad I've left Mixamo behind.

Alienware Aurora R16, Win 11, i9-149000KF, 3.20GHz CPU, 64GB RAM, RTX 4090 (24GB), Samsung 870 Pro 8TB, Gen3 MVNe M-2 SSD, 4TBx2, 39" Alienware Widescreen Monitor
Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
Famekrafts
Famekrafts
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Kelleytoons (3/4/2018)
So you got me thinking (always a dangerous thing) and I went and rigged up a Mixamo character and compared it to the original OBJ very carefully in Blender.

Mixamo definitely does some *things* with the mesh, including forcing it into a very strict t-pose, way beyond what might be accepted as a t-pose.  The arms are rigidly straight (preternaturally) and the back as well, with no curve to the spine.  I suspect this is done for calculation reasons, but it has the effect of slightly distorting the mesh and I could see how someone could have a constructed mesh with a more natural s shaped spine that would be pretty well screwed up by this.

It's instructive... and basically follows the old maxim of "you get what you pay for".  Mixamo is pretty damn good, but it's also not perfect, not by far.  One of the main reasons I went with Blender (and a paid plugin to skin perfectly) was to exactly avoid situations like this.  Indeed, as I was messing around I found a mesh that, while otherwise fine, Mixamo did not like (my plugin handled just great).  I'm glad I've left Mixamo behind.

I am having a different problem. When I apply Maximo motions to supported characters in iclone, they all start the animation with tpose instead of idle and that is mess in itself. I use the animation tools to fix that everytime.

btw which paid plugin are you using in Blender to skin?

Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

IIRC there used to be an option in Mixamo to download the motion without starting with the t-pose but I might not be remembering properly.  I dunno, haven't used it in a long time.

The skinning plugin is Voxel Heat Diffuse Skinning:  https://blendermarket.com/products/voxel-heat-diffuse-skinning

It is every bit as good as the Maya one, and better than the one Mixamo uses (it skins things Mixamo can't handle, and it does it MUCH faster, taking less than a minute).  Of course it doesn't create a skeleton for you (you can use Auto-Rig Pro for that if you don't want to do it yourself and that alone is a pretty nice plugin) but I like the ability to custom tailor a skeleton the way I want it.  The guy that wrote it is a genius, and I don't use that word lightly (even on myself anymore :>Wink.

Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
Famekrafts
Famekrafts
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

I was using Rigify addon to create the bones but I am finding the skinning is not properly done. Will give your plugins a shot

Reading This Topic