G2 character with Affinity Designer into Drawplus

Posted By Save the spaceman 6 Years Ago
Rated 5 stars based on 3 votes.
Author
Save the spaceman
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 4 Years Ago
Hello Guys
Just completed my first G2 character using Drawplus!!!
Extremely difficult!
But worth it.
The ability to drop on Iclone motions is amazing.
If anyone is trying to do this in Drawplus, I have learned using circles on every joint  and the Guides in Drawplus!

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/8b24a6c4-9b5e-4ae4-92e9-f727.gif

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/1b50f1db-8101-4ac3-b495-7d52.png
Rogue Anime
Rogue Anime
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (4.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.3K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
EXCELLENT! Great work  ~V~

Val RogueAnanda
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/e82de505-c57a-40b9-8cb0-9f87.png

vepop
vepop
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)

Awesome, Save the spaceman!
I tried but failed ... creating G3 characters is easy but I still prefer the G2 character.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/9331d0a4-6a4b-4e86-9f88-963f.jpg
YouTube Tutorials Here
richinri
richinri
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)

Last Active: 6 Years Ago
Excellent.  Why do you prefer the G2 characters?  Multiple angles?
Save the spaceman
Save the spaceman
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)

Thanks for the support Guys!
Richinri - G3 characters are really good but now I have worked out G2 Characters the multiple angles allow much more variety of movements.
For my next episode/project I will be using full G2 characters.
I like the Morph heads which unfortunately only have 1 angle at a time. So i will eventually have various G2 versions with various heads..
i dropped a couple of Iclone motions on my new character to see how it worked.https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/d8f08fae-722d-4c84-9d51-c37a.gif

richinri
richinri
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)

Last Active: 6 Years Ago
I have just gotten started with CTA3 Pro and find myself avoiding the G3 characters due to the multiple angles of the G2 characters. Does anyone know if the limited angles on G3 is the way it will always be?  Being a newbie, I lean toward getting content for G2 instead of G3 due to the angle issue.  Besides maybe the elastic movements, I don't see much advantage with G3.  Am I missing something?  Great job on that Astronaut characters and the movements.
kylelee
kylelee
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
richinri (2/24/2018)
I have just gotten started with CTA3 Pro and find myself avoiding the G3 characters due to the multiple angles of the G2 characters. Does anyone know if the limited angles on G3 is the way it will always be?  Being a newbie, I lean toward getting content for G2 instead of G3 due to the angle issue.  Besides maybe the elastic movements, I don't see much advantage with G3.  Am I missing something?  Great job on that Astronaut characters and the movements.

G3 character advanced is creation fast. You can use PSD process to make your own character and easily but only for Pipeline version.
You can refer below link to know what is different with G1, G2 and G3 characters.
Ref. 1: https://forum.reallusion.com/FindPost327075.aspx
Ref. 2: https://forum.reallusion.com/350898/G2-Characters

JB Manos
JB Manos
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (215 reputation)Junior Member (215 reputation)Junior Member (215 reputation)Junior Member (215 reputation)Junior Member (215 reputation)Junior Member (215 reputation)Junior Member (215 reputation)Junior Member (215 reputation)Junior Member (215 reputation)

Hey, Save the Spaceman,

Love the preview!   looks like fun!

How did Affinity Designer fit into this?  The title of the Original Post mentions Affinity Designer (I have that app) but I don't see how it had anything to do with DrawPlus...  I don't have a windows machine to run DrawPlus on.

I wish I could just use illustrator or affinity, and have cta3 import a multisprite SVG for each angle, but I understand it is only the flash format  :-(
Edited
6 Years Ago by JB Manos
Save the spaceman
Save the spaceman
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

hello J B
I agree it would be good to be able to export straight from affinity designer into cta3.
I am fortunate enough to have designer and drawplus on Pc
The interface for designer works better for me, so I create characters in Designer and then export into Drawplus. 
My original post was to show an example of my first attempts using designer to create G2 characters.
thanks
soytinatiu
soytinatiu
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Save the spaceman (3/9/2018)
hello J B
I agree it would be good to be able to export straight from affinity designer into cta3.
I am fortunate enough to have designer and drawplus on Pc
The interface for designer works better for me, so I create characters in Designer and then export into Drawplus. 
My original post was to show an example of my first attempts using designer to create G2 characters.
thanks

I can not agree enough. This is something I definitely would like to see.
By the way, for those who don't know, Drawplus is able to export a flash, and it's possible to make a multi-angle character in it. Affinity is the new generation of Drawplus. You can find both at serif.com.
P.S. Affinity won an award from Apple design award of the year a while back, so I assume it's compatible with appleSmile
Drawplus can still be purchased and there is a template for making multi-angle characters there.

Edited
6 Years Ago by soytinatiu

Reading This Topic