Using anima3 with iC7

Posted By oatt 6 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
oatt
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.7K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 3 Months Ago
Could anyone recommend a good tutorial or two, please? 
toystorylab
toystorylab
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)

Last Active: 2 hours ago
Have a look at this Anima 3-thread:
https://forum.reallusion.com/348485/This-is-currently-the-best-crowd-generator-to-use-with-iClone-and-on-sale?PageIndex=1

Toystorylab on Vimeo : https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/ce44ea78-6984-47d8-9bf4-b783.png    Crassitudes (my "Alter Ego") on Youtube: https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/fcc4df30-b3a8-40a5-a427-0735.png

Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)

Last Active: 8 minutes ago
The AXYZ people have put out a couple good Youtube tutorials -- while not addressing iClone they show everything else you need to know about using Anima (and then all you need do is bring the export in via XChange).  Do a Google search and you'll find them (if not let me know and I'll see if I have the links saved).

Is there something specific you want to learn?  Some of us here have Anima and have used it quite a bit and could help (I use it in most of my iClone projects).

Alienware Aurora R12, Win 10, i9-119000KF, 3.5GHz CPU, 128GB RAM, RTX 3090 (24GB), Samsung 960 Pro 4TB M-2 SSD, TB+ Disk space
Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
GOETZIWOOD STUDIOS
GOETZIWOOD STUDIOS
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (8.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.7K reputation)

Last Active: 3 Years Ago
Do you know any iClone movie that used Anima ?

--
guy rabiller | GOETZIWOOD STUDIOS
"N.O.E." (Nations Of Earth) Sci-Fi TV Show, Showrunner.

Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)

Are you asking me, Guy?  If so, no, I don't know of a movie that uses it (although I know of only a handful of iClone movies myself -- I've seen two I think).

Alienware Aurora R12, Win 10, i9-119000KF, 3.5GHz CPU, 128GB RAM, RTX 3090 (24GB), Samsung 960 Pro 4TB M-2 SSD, TB+ Disk space
Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
oatt
oatt
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.7K reputation)

Mike, thanks for the reply. Unfortunately, I have had no success looking through tutorials, for what seems to be a very basic problem. The specific issue that I'm stuck on is this: I'm currently using the free version of anima, which allows for up to 4 seconds of animation. However, after exporting FBX and shooting through the Pipeline, I cannot get any animation in iClone7. <-----So that, in the form of a question. Thank you in advance. -kev 

Kelleytoons
This post has been flagged as an answer
Kelleytoons
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Oh -- well, that's an easy answer (I guess -- it depends on what you've already tried).

So you import the FBX into XChange, right?  And you checkmark the "with animation" that comes up initially in the dialog box (and I'd use, say, 15 samples or so -- you don't need any more, as Rampa has discovered).

Once you do this do you see the animation listed in the "Perform" menu (on the right)?  And do you then export the whole thing to iClone WITH that animation?

If so, then once in iClone all you have to do is right-click on the object, and choose Perform and then the animation will be listed there.

Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
gordryd
gordryd
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
I had this problem initially -- seems like my fix was to add the motion to the perform library and then make sure it plays in 3DX.  When exporting to iClone make sure you check 'Animation' in the pop-up dialog box.

On a related note, about a month ago I tried importing some CC characters into Anima with varying degrees of success.  Some worked fine, some consistently come in upside down, and one comes in sideways floating about 3 feet off the ground.  I sent these samples to AXYZ (the company that makes Anima) along with FBX export a base character from each of the 3 RL products (iClone, 3DX, and CC2).  They verified that there are some incompatibilities between Anima and RL rigs and said they are working with RL to fix.  Here is the actual response from AXYZ Tech Support:

"I'm afraid that we won't have a solution soon. After talking with Realusion and trying their software we have found some critical incompatibilities between our base rig structure and theirs. We are working together now to overcome this problem, but it affects both softwares at core functionalities, so it will be difficult for both.  It is definitely possible and we both are already working after the same goal, but it will take more time than we initially thought.

Please bear with us, we will keep you informed of our progress."

Reallusion Certified Director / Reallusion Best Visual Award / Reallusion Certified Content Developer
See all the G-Tools Plug-Ins available for iClone here: G-Tools Plug-Ins

oatt
oatt
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Thanks for the info gordryd, that answers a couple questions! 

Reading This Topic