Filmmaking Forum Section ?

Posted By GOETZIWOOD STUDIOS 6 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
SeanMac
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
@AutoDidact
I suggest that we all use  loads of other packages to produce the final result. So long as RL products are in there somewhere I don't see why anyone should be upset over a lack of purity.
argus1000
argus1000
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
AutoDidact (2/24/2018)
I agree there should be a dedicated filmaking forum but would it be restricted to Films "made" excusively within Iclone??
I use Iclone pro 6.5 pipeline to create character animation
as part of My larger pipeline that includes Daz Genesis figures
(animated with Iclone, lipsynched in Daz studio)
Natural Motions Endorphin( ragdoll physics with BVH export)
All of which is ultimately Exported from Daz studio as .obj/MDD files to Maxon Cinema4D for final rendering with post effects done in Adobe After Effects CS.

You still use Endorphin? I can't even install it on Windows 10, even with the dongle. I have to use my older computer with Windows 7 to be able to use that feature-rich discontinued program.

My latest movie THE GOLDEN MAN, and a few othershttps://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIl1EqVCKitZzLqaNnLK0BA
justaviking
justaviking
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Weeks Ago
AutoDidact (2/24/2018)
I agree there should be a dedicated filmaking forum but would it be restricted to Films "made" excusively within Iclone?? 

I think the point of such a section is that it goes above and beyond the tool being used.

It would not be a place to showcase movies made elsewhere, but would be a place to discuss "what" to do, "why" to do it, and "when" to do it.  Then in the iClone section you could ask "how" questions in terms of the mechanics of operating the tool.

iClone 7... Character Creator... Substance Designer/Painter... Blender... Audacity...
Desktop (homebuilt) - Windows 10, Ryzen 9 3900x CPU, GTX 1080 GPU (8GB), 32GB RAM, Asus X570 Pro motherboard, 2TB SSD, terabytes of disk space, dual  monitors.
Laptop - Windows 10, MSI GS63VR STEALTH-252, 16GB RAM, GTX 1060 (6GB), 256GB SSD and 1TB HDD

Edited
6 Years Ago by justaviking
AutoDidact
AutoDidact
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.3K reputation)

Last Active: 12 minutes ago
SeanMac (2/24/2018)
@AutoDidact
I suggest that we all use  loads of other packages to produce the final result. So long as RL products are in there somewhere I don't see why anyone should be upset over a lack of purity.

Agreed!!
I would love to discuss actual animated film making
it is a bit frustrating to attempt actual filmaking discussions
at the Daz forums, where 99 percent of the users are one framers
and the few who do animate typically do short 30-60 second "Clips"
of some scantily clad female simply walking or dancing.
And no one seems to be making actual feature length films in the Maxon C4D community as C4D has rubbish character animation tools.
@argus1000 Indeed I am on Win7 SP1 and shall remain
Gotta Love Endoprhin mate!!
There has not been anything like it for the general public since Natural Motion Dissappeared, except  for some really proprietary stuff that Maya uses for VFX or the in house solutions at places like Weta Digital.
Although you can do some really cool ragdoll with the old poser physics plugin for poser pro 2014 or earlier  
 I am also still running the discontinued Daz mimic pro3 32bit, as none of the Daz  native lipsinc options that followed
it have an actual phoneme editor to refine the lipsynch animation after recording.

RAG DOLL COLLISION ANIMATIONS FOR ICLONE 8 & 7
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ghost Origins
My latest Feature length film created with Iclone.
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/adf9b210-df59-4cb6-aa1b-9de5.jpg

Edited
6 Years Ago by AutoDidact
mtakerkart
mtakerkart
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)

I think this section can be a place also to show Broadcast film/serie/short rendered with game engine. I find some interesting info to know
why/how they achieved their product. It's very motivating for me.

This is a serie of a Quebec production rendered in UDK 4 :

A french production that I saw it this morning on Yoopa channel :

https://blogs.unity3d.com/2017/02/23/mr-carton-the-worlds-first-cartoon-series-madewithunity/

A Pakistan production for a movie :

https://www.unrealengine.com/en-US/blog/visually-stunning-animated-feature-allahyar-and-the-legend-of-markhor-is-the-first-produced-entirely-in-unreal-engine

I noticed that at this time there're only Cartoonish commercial production . I didn't find realistic commercial movie/serie rendered in Game Engine.

But there's some laboratory experience in the realistic field:

Hellblade rendered in UDK 4

And this amazing ADAM serie rendered in Unity but I really doesn't understand what is it for...

I do not want to make a financially profitable film but knowing what's going on on the broadcast field is
a good source of inspiration for me for my creation/build process.

Edited
6 Years Ago by mtakerkart
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Apologies for the late reply to this thread. Unfortunately due to other work duties I have not had chance to be as active on the forum as I would like.

We do appreciate all the feedback and will be doing a review of the forum in the coming weeks. Personally I do feel we have to be careful not to over complicate the forum with too many sub-forums or sub-sections.

It has always been the case that new users often feel overwhelmed by the number of different forum sections and will often just go to the first forum (Reallusion > General) and post there regardless.

However we will review the forum layout soon to see where we can improve things. In the meantime please do feel free to add further suggestions. Smile

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Reading This Topic