content paid for stays in trial mode

Posted By tiemen 6 Years Ago
Rated 5 stars based on 1 vote.
Author
Problem.png
tiemen
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (304 reputation)Senior Member (304 reputation)Senior Member (304 reputation)Senior Member (304 reputation)Senior Member (304 reputation)Senior Member (304 reputation)Senior Member (304 reputation)Senior Member (304 reputation)Senior Member (304 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 5 Years Ago
Hi,

I have an issue concerning content I bought, and i'm in a big hurry, major deadline sneaking up.
I bought a clothing package, export license, paid for it, downloaded it. But when I try to use the content
a watermark reveals itself and i'm unable to do anything, cant export, nothing.
Tried to validate the content through content activation and 1 click ... nothing works.

any help would be highly appreciated. I'm on windows 10, iclone7 and CC, all updated on current version.
the package is this one : https://city.reallusion.com/ContentPreview.aspx?i=JCCdada39e344ed847b7

TIA,

Tiemen
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 4 hours ago
The content you have purchased is derivative content. This means that you must have certain other base products already installed for this pack to work without a watermark. This is stated on the product page.

So please visit the product page and ensure that you have all the required items listed. Once you have everything you will find the watermark will go away.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

tiemen
tiemen
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (304 reputation)Senior Member (304 reputation)Senior Member (304 reputation)Senior Member (304 reputation)Senior Member (304 reputation)Senior Member (304 reputation)Senior Member (304 reputation)Senior Member (304 reputation)Senior Member (304 reputation)

Last Active: 5 Years Ago
my apologies for responding this late, my deadline is/was killing me.

Ontopic :

So actually what you are telling me, is that the content I bought is completely useless unless I buy
additional stuff that I don't need. Must say that is a strange way of approaching a content store.
Professionals look for content to speed things up, and when they find something for a reasonable price and
good enough quality (maybe after adjustments) they simply buy it. 
The package I bought was something that would definatly speed up my work, but in the end it did cost
me money and time for completely nothing. 

I recently found out about iclone/etc ... and didn't hesitate to buy the whole package at once, pipeline everything, incl. faceware,
popcorn, curve and a whole bunch more. And must say, the investment paid itself back already.
But for the content store and the way you guys work with importing/exporting stuff is a huge PITA. 
It was the first time I bought content, and also the last time !! Or you have to do something about weird construction of
licenses and stuff. I thought it was like turbo***** (you probably know what I mean), search, buy, pay and go.
And if you want to be your contentstore like that, drop the weird licensing stuff and prevent people from buying additional stuff 
they don't need. (and you don't actually NEED the other stuff, the models loaded in fine, except for the watermark and not being 
able to export)

So, I suggestion, make a third license, standalone/export .. little more expensive, but no need to buy extra extra extra ....
just my 2 cents,

Grtz,

Tiemen
Edited
6 Years Ago by tiemen
lespierce9
lespierce9
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (23 reputation)New Member (23 reputation)New Member (23 reputation)New Member (23 reputation)New Member (23 reputation)New Member (23 reputation)New Member (23 reputation)New Member (23 reputation)New Member (23 reputation)

Last Active: 3 Months Ago
YES!  I have the same problem with Alley .   This feels like a scam and I have supported this format by purchasing over and over again.
Please Iclone FIX THIS PROBLEM... 
OR
POST A COMMON SOLUTION OTHER THAN BUY MORE!
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)

lespierce9 (4/1/2018)
YES!  I have the same problem with Alley .   This feels like a scam and I have supported this format by purchasing over and over again.
Please Iclone FIX THIS PROBLEM... 
OR
POST A COMMON SOLUTION OTHER THAN BUY MORE!

I'm not sure why you feel this is a scam when each product page clearly states if the content is derivative and also states which base products are needed so you don't get a watermark. You can then decide if you wish to purchase the content or not based on the requirements listed.  

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

dogged2003
dogged2003
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
Hello!
Tell me how to find in the project the content that causes the watermark?
Thank you.

My YouTube channel.
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

dogged2003 (4/2/2018)
Hello!
Tell me how to find in the project the content that causes the watermark?
Thank you.

Hi... Try deleting objects from your project one by one until the watermark disappears. If it is a character causing the problem it could just be one item of clothing. So in this case try removing the character clothes and accessories one by one until the watermark is gone. Then you will know the last item you removed is the problem one.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Reading This Topic