Marketplace - 2018 Roadmap

Posted By Miranda (RL) 6 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Miranda (RL)
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (62.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (62.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (62.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (62.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (62.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (62.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (62.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (62.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (62.8K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 2 Years Ago
1st-stage renovation of Marketplace went live in August, 2018
>> https://forum.reallusion.com/376592/Explore-A-New-Reallusion-Marketplace-Experience

--
Hi Reallusion Users, 

We’d like to thank you for building up the Reallusion Marketplace to what it is today, with more than 1,000 developers and 10,000 users, which couldn’t achieve without your passions and contributions. 

The Marketplace is 8 year old now, and it needs a fresh look. So we’ll be upgrading everything from the user interface to the system mechanism, enhancing the quality and quantity of content, letting users easily find assets, and providing developers a good business platform for their creations.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/3e7d51e3-6554-4c49-b736-a6ed.jpg

The original intention of the Marketplace remains the same: to give a C2C content community where developers are free to share and sell assets, and provides users with a smooth and convenient way to try and buy individual items, as well as combo packs from a trusted community. 

Renovation Timeline
  • 1st-Stage Launch (May): Frontend layout enhancement and purchase experience improvement
    **Developers can visit HERE to know more about the preparation for Marketplace Renovation. 
  • 2nd-Stage Launch (Q3): Sales Promotion mechanism implementation, Personal & Featured Store front & mechanism update
  • 3rd-Stage Launch (Q4): Implement WebGL for better motion preview

If you have further questions or recommendations, feel free to leave a comment here.

Edited
5 Years Ago by Miranda (RL)
GOETZIWOOD STUDIOS
GOETZIWOOD STUDIOS
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (8.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.7K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 3 Years Ago
A few suggestions:
- Would be great to have categories as tags (like gmail) so that one item could appear in several categories, even if that sounds odd at first.
- Motion preview with just a mouse over.
- A public REST API so when Python will arrive in iClone we could create cross-databases searching tools (Marketplace and our own local content or custom database system).
- A way to "associate" contents in custom named categories (think: categorized favorites) that the customer can create. Kind of per customer custom named hierarchical categories (think: gmail tag system)

--
guy rabiller | GOETZIWOOD STUDIOS
"N.O.E." (Nations Of Earth) Sci-Fi TV Show, Showrunner.

Maraing
Maraing
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)

I need to buy cartoon animals such as Crocodile, Tiger, Fox, Ox, Pig, Chicken, turtle, bird, and any animals for G3 please help to create this and can buy from Content Store
Miranda (RL)
Miranda (RL)
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (62.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (62.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (62.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (62.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (62.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (62.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (62.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (62.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (62.8K reputation)

iam.maraing (2/26/2018)
I need to buy cartoon animals such as Crocodile, Tiger, Fox, Ox, Pig, Chicken, turtle, bird, and any animals for G3 please help to create this and can buy from Content Store

Hi, you can find some from the Marketplace: https://city.reallusion.com/market/crazytalk
Miranda (RL)
Miranda (RL)
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

grabiller (2/14/2018)
A few suggestions:
- Would be great to have categories as tags (like gmail) so that one item could appear in several categories, even if that sounds odd at first.
- Motion preview with just a mouse over.
- A public REST API so when Python will arrive in iClone we could create cross-databases searching tools (Marketplace and our own local content or custom database system).
- A way to "associate" contents in custom named categories (think: categorized favorites) that the customer can create. Kind of per customer custom named hierarchical categories (think: gmail tag system)

Thanks for your suggestions!
- With current design, developers can set up up to 3 categories for each content item. Marketplace does have tag system, but the way of usage is different from what you suggested.
- Will take it into consideration!
- It's not related to Marketplace function, but we will get this info prepared when introducing Python API integration for iCloners.
- I couldn't think of a use case at the moment, can you give me an example how you will organize your custom categories if the function is available?

GOETZIWOOD STUDIOS
GOETZIWOOD STUDIOS
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (8.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.7K reputation)

Last Active: 3 Years Ago
Miranda (RL) (2/27/2018)
grabiller (2/14/2018)
../..- A way to "associate" contents in custom named categories (think: categorized favorites) that the customer can create. Kind of per customer custom named hierarchical categories (think: gmail tag system)

../..- I couldn't think of a use case at the moment, can you give me an example how you will organize your custom categories if the function is available?

For instance I'm working on my new project "SpaceY" and I need some assets so I'll take a look at the Marketplace and whenever I encounter an asset that I may need for this project I would tag it or make it part of my custom category "SpaceX".

And perhaps I'm also helping someone else for a project named "LegendY" so I'll do the same thing. Perhaps some assets can be used in both projects, hence the need for Assets to be part of several custom categories (ideally with a gmail tag like system but..).

What would be even cooler is that if we could create "public" custom categories, so if I'm working on someone else project, I could visit the Marketplace and filter all the assets with that person custom public category or categories.

I think in 2018 it is very important to consider *hierarchical* {custom} categories, because it is simply how human's brain works.

Thanks for taking my suggestions into consideration!

--
guy rabiller | GOETZIWOOD STUDIOS
"N.O.E." (Nations Of Earth) Sci-Fi TV Show, Showrunner.

Tarampa Studios
Tarampa Studios
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
Brilliant idea to help us spend tonnes of money in the asset stores:... explained below.

Hey, team, you know I love you, because until the makeover to your content store, I'd bought nearly everything in it. 
But sadly, it's not a store any more. It's an "experience"... And I can see how it's meant to be a high end quality experience.
It's now the iMax of 3D Asset Showcases... without any coke stains on the floor.

But it's lost me as a buyer because the landing page for Reallusion.com is now so graphics heavy, I have to wait 12 seconds before it loads properly, and all I get for my trouble and patience is the side view of a big head -
which wouldn't be so bad if it was a different head each month, but as detailed and clever as it is, it's not exactly attractive. 
And if it was Youtube, I'd lost interest 6 seconds ago... but I still need to wait an extra 4 seconds before my account icon appears at the top - which is especially annoying if I've got a ticket to lodge or glitch to report. 

Then the 3 little icons with my account, shopping cart and whatever the heck that document is meant to be (mouse-over for text explanation is not working) move from the top right hand corner to somewhere that's not quite centre - so it sets off my ocd and makes my eye twitch... LOL

Then to find the links to the content stores - I have to go hunting for them, scrolling down past that stubbly head that re-sizes, wasting even more time... 
And even after I do click on the content store, I just get shifted to another welcome page that's putting itself between me and the things I need to see to spend money.... so I need to scroll way down past that to another set of choices that stand between me and the stores. 

... If I was merely responding to an ad, and hotlinking directly to a page where I get exactly what I came for, then it's a certainly a luxury experience for those who have time to sip wine and nibble cheese while they leisurely shop  for treasures... 

But when I need something, I'm more like an Eagle. I want to swoop in, grab those babies and make off with as much as I can carry. 

So when you're re-vamping your store, can you please consider something more like this luxury shoe store

It's elegant, yet efficient. It doesn't need to show us how luxurious it is. Smart buyers know quality when we see it. 
But all those handy menu's make it easy to buy 10 pairs of $10k shoes in 10 different styles and brands in under 10 minutes... 
instead of taking 10 minutes to find and research only 1 asset in your store. 

It would also help if assets that we already own can be flagged as "purchased" akin the Daz Store - especially when we need to own other packs before any add-on packs can work without watermarks. 

Honestly, I'm always seeking to expand my content library. 
Please make it faster and easier for me to do that, without being bombarded by images of stuff that I already own - helps me see and find what I've missed so I can just swoop in and grab it. 

(And no, the 1-click verification thingie doesn't work for me. I never verify my content, if I can avoid it, because my library was far too big when you first launched it, and down here in oz our data allowances are far too valuable to waste like that.)  

Food for thought, at least...? 

Either way, I look forward to any improvements you are planning! 

There's still much love in this corner for your content. 

Anita, aka "Bleetz" the Toon Wrangler @ Tarampa Studios
SYS: Win 8.1,  64-bit, i7-4770 CPU @3.4GHz,  
32GB RAM, Intel(R)Graphics 4600 & nVIDIA GTX1060 TI 

Miranda (RL)
Miranda (RL)
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Thanks for your feedback!
What we are currently revamping is the "Marketplace", not "Content Store", but I have brought your suggestions to Content Store Team for future planning. Smile

wires
wires
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
@Bleetz,

+1

All very true, visiting the Content Store or MarketPlace is like being part of someone's (insert your own idea) induced dream. SmoooothCoolw00t I've been purchasing stuff from other sources for a while and doing conversions through 3DXchange. The purchasing "experience" that I am confronted with on the RL site is just a bit too much. Like you if I need something then I don't wish to punish my mouse buttons just to get there.

Gerry

System: Win 10 Pro (21H2), Asus X99-E WS, CPU i7-5930K -3,5 GHz, 32 GB DDR4 2666-16 RAM, NVidia GTX 1080 Ti GPU - 11 GB VRAM(Driver Studio-536.99), Samsung 850 Pro 512 GB SSD, 6 TB HD storage.

R Ham
R Ham
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)

Last Active: 13 hours ago
Miranda (RL) (2/14/2018)
The Marketplace is 8 year old now, and it needs a fresh look.

Very few things actually need "a fresh look."

"Less clicks good, more clicks bad."

Reading This Topic