Character Creator - 2018 Roadmap

Posted By Miranda (RL) 6 Years Ago
Rated 5 stars based on 3 votes.
Author
alemar
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (4.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.0K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 3 Months Ago
WOW!!!! this is a dream! IClone and CC is better and better each day...is really a dream for me... my workflow is shorting every day and is arriving at the point that I always dream,,, sculpt my models and skinning and rigging very fast and ready to animate!!!oh my god I can't wait ! I'd like to see a way to "clothing" the faces with new ones using the original bones and expressions from CC base and generate new faces from new geometry... I don't know if you can understand...kkk thank you RL to continue developing this programs

ALEMAR GAMES MARKETPLACE STORE

Miranda (RL)
Miranda (RL)
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (63.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (63.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (63.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (63.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (63.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (63.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (63.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (63.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (63.1K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Hi everyone!!

Thanks for your comments! We read every of your messages carefully, and have started to evaluate the feasibility of some integrations. I would like to make a clarification about this CC standalone program. Our target is to make CC as an universal engine to feed any applications requiring 3D characters. We won't favor game developers, and abandon animator & movie makers. All the features added benefit at least two target audiences. For example, characters with polygon optimization and remeshing will be a good function for animations when there are a lot of characters in one scene. There will be scaler to adjust how many polygon counts you wish to reduce to, so 5,000 poly is achievable! It's a pity that we are not able to show you the user interface at this moment because it's still under development. 

iClone users will get a free version of CC3, which supports all the functions of current CC, but with some function differences than the standalone version. We will find a time to announce it officially. Smile 

Miranda (RL)
Miranda (RL)
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (63.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (63.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (63.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (63.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (63.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (63.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (63.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (63.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (63.1K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Yes! There will be a bone editing tool, and auto rig function, which implies developers & artists are able to free sculpt the character without worrying about the compatibility issues because of body scale change.

vidi (2/18/2018)
OBJ import + Auto Skin + Skin Weight Editing

That sounds so great for me ,maybe RL could implement a Bone editing tool, too ?
For e.g. adjusting Eyes and maybe an "adjust rigging to shape" function. 

I hope it will come soon Cool

wires
wires
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
Thank you very much for the updated information Miranda. This whole thing is really looking to be a very positive improvement for all users. CoolSmile

Gerry

System: Win 10 Pro (21H2), Asus X99-E WS, CPU i7-5930K -3,5 GHz, 32 GB DDR4 2666-16 RAM, NVidia GTX 1080 Ti GPU - 11 GB VRAM(Driver Studio-536.99), Samsung 850 Pro 512 GB SSD, 6 TB HD storage.

vidi
vidi
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)

Last Active: 2 days ago
my developer heart beats higher

-------------------------------------------------------------------
liebe Grüße vidi

justaviking
justaviking
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Weeks Ago
Miranda (RL) (2/22/2018)
iClone users will get a free version of CC3, which supports all the functions of current CC, but with some function differences than the standalone version. We will find a time to announce it officially.

That sounds great.

It seems like a good business plan for non-iClone users to be able to buy CC3, and us iCloners will certainly benefit from the improvements that will coincide with that plan.  It is also understandable that there might be some CC3 features not relevant to iClone, similar to some 3DXchange export capabilities, so having differences there seems reasonable.  It will be fun to learn more details, such as what those differences are, and what it would cost to get them if an iClone user wants them.

Please continue to pass along our THANKS to Reallusion management for allowing us to see these roadmaps.  Very exciting.

iClone 7... Character Creator... Substance Designer/Painter... Blender... Audacity...
Desktop (homebuilt) - Windows 10, Ryzen 9 3900x CPU, GTX 1080 GPU (8GB), 32GB RAM, Asus X570 Pro motherboard, 2TB SSD, terabytes of disk space, dual  monitors.
Laptop - Windows 10, MSI GS63VR STEALTH-252, 16GB RAM, GTX 1060 (6GB), 256GB SSD and 1TB HDD

Snarp Farkle
Snarp Farkle
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
Will any of these changes make it possible to have realistic beards and mustaches that react to the figure's face expressions and speech?

In the face puppet we can select the different upper lip sections for posing, but we can't select them to attach a mustache to, just wondering. Ermm

Dell XPS 8900, Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700 CPU @ 3.40GHz, 3408 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s), 16 GB RAM, - 4 GB GeForce GTX 745, NVIDIA compatible.
Acer Aspire V Nitro Laptop,  2.5GHz Intel Core i5-7300HQ processor with 6MB cache,  256GB solid state drive, 16GB Ram,  4 GB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti graphics.

Edited
6 Years Ago by Snarp Farkle
SeanMac
SeanMac
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
@Miranda.
Thanks for that.

You say that there will be GoZ button to transfer to ZBrush.

Does that also apply to ZBrush Core?
sonic7
sonic7
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (13.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.5K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
I was just about to purchase the DAZ Decimator ......
Does this mean I should wait?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please be patient with me ..... I don't always 'get it' the first time 'round - not even the 2nd time! Sad  - yikes! ... 
MSI GT72VR Laptop, i7 7700HQ 4-Core 3.8 GHz 16GB RAM; Nvidia 1070, 8GB Vram iClone-7.93  3DXChange Pipeline 7.81  CC-3 Pipeline 3.44  Live Face  HeadShot  Brekel Pro-Body  Popcorn FX  iRAY  Kinect V2  DaVinci Resolve17  Mixcraft 8.1

TonyDPrime
TonyDPrime
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (12.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.7K reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
There are a couple of things shown in the very first image on page 1 of this thread:

(1) "3D Scan"
I am wondering how this will play into our iClone universe.  I can only imagine things, such a s more realistic looking characters, higher level scans being available, maybe some added standalone components for developers who have the technology to scan human skin, etc...And would this all benefit the CT8 to iClone workflow as well, with higher resolution model bases. 
Sigh!....I can't wait for this!.....

(2) It shows Iray linked to the phrase "Still Art", which shows that iClone/CC is embracing joining, with the likes of Daz, as a Premiere character-focussed 2D art creation tool, in itself.  This is great for those of us that have opportunities for 2D art production relationships involving still art. 

(3) Daz inclusion - now, this isn't really stated here, but the recent RL video posted about Genesis 8 drops many hints at the pipeline involving more Daz elements (Kai says "Daz users rejoice")
I just want to say that I am so looking forward to this.
And that degree of inclusion may vary, I understand....
But holy cow my head goes wild imagining transposing things Daz into CC!!!!  Sigh (again) ...also imagining props, backgrounds as well....Double sigh....and looking like in Daz with Iray....
As Super Mario would say, "Mama Mia!"

* I asked somewhere in the past, but would love to see the makeup functionality of Face Filter brought into this some how....
I would love to have characters in a scene applying makeup, or a sequence of images of them getting their makeup done.  And it could be done by me, in the Face Filter way, much like a real makeup artist would do.
And put it ion iPad so I can paint it...(And yes I know I can do this already in Photoshop, but It's not necessarily tailored as a makeup tool, you know?)
Or them getting their hair done, too.  (Hair Filter?....)

It's not a pity it is still in development, it is absolutely 100% GREAT...
I want the standalone version.  w00tw00tw00t

Reading This Topic