iClone 7 - 2018 Roadmap

Posted By Grace (RL) 6 Years Ago
Rated 5 stars based on 1 vote.

Author
wires
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Week
TonyDPrime (3/21/2018)
RL - can you make so we can scale-resize CC avatars in iClone engine.
THX

It's available in the Modify Tab.
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/7c2715ac-782c-4bcb-8fcc-debd.png

Gerry

System: Win 10 Pro (21H2), Asus X99-E WS, CPU i7-5930K -3,5 GHz, 32 GB DDR4 2666-16 RAM, NVidia GTX 1080 Ti GPU - 11 GB VRAM(Driver Studio-536.99), Samsung 850 Pro 512 GB SSD, 6 TB HD storage.

TonyDPrime
TonyDPrime
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (12.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.6K reputation)

wires (3/21/2018)
TonyDPrime (3/21/2018)
RL - can you make so we can scale-resize CC avatars in iClone engine.
THX

It's available in the Modify Tab.
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/7c2715ac-782c-4bcb-8fcc-debd.png

Thanks Wires. 
Ah...Whoops, need to re-word that!

RL - can you make so we can resize/scale CC avatars on the timeline, ie - make the same avatar, in a scene, grow or shrink on the timeline.  
THX!!!
TonyDPrime
TonyDPrime
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (12.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.6K reputation)

Looking at the RTX stuff with the Voltas, is there reason iClone couldn't have this too?   
Or, is that what we are looking at for iC8...

Unreal and Unity had PBR before iClone, and then iClone gets PBR later.
So, are we then to 'expect' this:
Unreal and Unity have RTX before iClone, and then iClone gets RTX later....
That's iC8, right?!...RTX?!

Which makes me wonder, what is then iRay doing in the mix....just a hold-me-over, sloppy seconds, dumpster-diving sort of thing?
I mean, I want it, but then when I see RTX, I'm like Holy-cutting-edge-awesomeness!....I REALLY want that...I'll buy a Volta for that!

Also thinking Daz will be next with RTX too...
in Daz 5 probably..

Anyways, chop-chop on the iRay, don't be like Octane V4 and come out too late...
Octane V4...9 months away @40%...Sheesh!   

TonyDPrime
TonyDPrime
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

I have a ***THOUGHT***-
Because some are wondering what an Iray plugin would cost, and it was not put forth whether it would be included with an update, or actually cost something as a plugin. 

Well!
How about this, RL....one version, to consider...
Include it as a free component of the update, like Daz did. 
And then, list on your content store a whole new slew of MDL Iray assets for rendering through Iray (like Daz did....)
Iray materials, lights, textures, everything.  YOU get a whole new item list of vendable content...more sales, cash, bonuses, paychecks...

And then, have developers like Tokomotion, Granny-J, 4u2ges, etc...offer their products, but with Iray materials too!
Sell the same content again and again...More commissions...
You will be enticing the whole community to keep going to your content store, for a whole new class of Iray content.

BUT then, the BEST part!

As all will have the Iray component as part of their iClone....
You can then say to EVERYONE: 
"Do you have any Iraysh in you?....
Would you like some?!...."

Edited
6 Years Ago by TonyDPrime
Warped Reality VFX
Warped Reality VFX
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.6K reputation)

Last Active: 6 hours ago
Hey what do you guys think about this, maybe they will add this I think this would be better than iray for keeping iclone speed and better visuals.
NVIDIA RTX Technology: Making Real-Time Ray Tracing A Reality For Games

Warped Reality VFX.
Edited
6 Years Ago by Kevin L
wildstar
wildstar
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (8.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.3K reputation)

Last Active: Last Month
guys Rtx and Dxr are not the same thing. the correct is iclone get DXR implemented so we can run it without the need to buy a volta card, we dont need Dxr running at 60 fps! , we need use it as render, to mantain the limit of something like 1 fps to render our works/animations

Edited
6 Years Ago by wildstar
wildstar
wildstar
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (8.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.3K reputation)

and one more thing. AMD announced the Pro render based in Vulcan with the same features as Dxr . and its free for developers , i realy think its time
to give a look into this render for iclone. forget iray lol 
wildstar
wildstar
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

i believe the developers already see that but i will post for ppl dont know yet
https://gpuopen.com/
TonyDPrime
TonyDPrime
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

wildstar (3/27/2018)
i believe the developers already see that but i will post for ppl dont know yet
https://gpuopen.com/

Do we know if non-Volta or non-Vulkan cards can 'speak to'/'work with' Microsoft's Direct-X 12's DXR?  
Or, does an application (ie iClone) itself serve as a bridge to speak to it, such that any GPU that interfaces then with that application could do the work? 
raxel_67
raxel_67
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)

Group: Banned Members
Last Active: 4 Years Ago
It is Worth remembering that iclone runs on dx11 not 12, so i don't see this being implemented any time soon

Reading This Topic