iClone 7 - 2018 Roadmap

Posted By Grace (RL) 6 Years Ago
Rated 5 stars based on 1 vote.

Author
wildstar
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (8.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.3K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Month
grabiller (2/17/2018)
@KLS_PROD
With all the resources you have, why are you using iClone, actually ?

Iclone actualy is the most intuitive ,fast, way to animate characters, and character creator using with external tools is powerfull to create too,
undestanding and knowing about other softwares, mean i have It? 

GOETZIWOOD STUDIOS
GOETZIWOOD STUDIOS
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (8.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.8K reputation)

Last Active: 3 Years Ago
wildstar (2/17/2018)
grabiller (2/17/2018)
wildstar (2/17/2018)
../..and reallusion is working on a way to convert PBR materials to be used in a RENDER LIKE IRAY THAT IS NOT PBR?../..

Obviously, iRay is capable of PBR rendering.

No its not

Yes it is. What makes you think it is not ?

--
guy rabiller | GOETZIWOOD STUDIOS
"N.O.E." (Nations Of Earth) Sci-Fi TV Show, Showrunner.

GOETZIWOOD STUDIOS
GOETZIWOOD STUDIOS
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (8.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.8K reputation)

wildstar (2/17/2018)
grabiller (2/17/2018)
@KLS_PROD
With all the resources you have, why are you using iClone, actually ?

Iclone actualy is the most intuitive ,fast, way to animate characters, and character creator using with external tools is powerfull to create too,
undestanding and knowing about other softwares, mean i have It? 

That question was not meant for you but for @KLS_PROD specifically. 

--

Edited
6 Years Ago by grabiller
wildstar
wildstar
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (8.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.3K reputation)

Iray shader system:   https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/design-visualization/technologies/material-definition-language/

and not its not pbr , what i can see use same concepts but its a "exclusive" technology .
and i believe you undestand what means "working on material conversion from iclone to iray" 
and i believe you undestand what PBR is.

GOETZIWOOD STUDIOS
GOETZIWOOD STUDIOS
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

wildstar (2/17/2018)
Iray shader system:   https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/design-visualization/technologies/material-definition-language/
and not its not pbr , what i can see use same concepts but its a "exclusive" technology .
and i believe you undestand what means "working on material conversion from iclone to iray" 

I believe you should get some sleep Wink

From the link you gave me, first sentence:
"THE NVIDIA MATERIAL DEFINITION LANGUAGE (MDL) gives you the freedom to share physically based materials and lights between supporting applications../.."
Second paragraph:
"../..Different renderers and tools interpret the light behavior and create the best possible image, whether it's an OpenGL-based application or physically based renderer like Iray../.."

I believe you understand that PBR means "Physically Based Renderer".

Regarding converting shaders, not all PRB capable renderers use the same PBR shader parameters, one can use the Disney Principled Shader but there are other types of PBR shaders, yet there are at least two major PBR workflows: Metal/Roughness and Specular/Glossiness which imply different shader parameters. So shaders conversion does not mean one is PRB and the other one is not.

--

Edited
6 Years Ago by grabiller
wildstar
wildstar
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

grabiller (2/17/2018)
wildstar (2/17/2018)

"THE NVIDIA MATERIAL DEFINITION LANGUAGE (MDL) gives you the freedom to share physically based materials and lights between supporting applications../.."
Second paragraph:
"../..Different renderers and tools interpret the light behavior and create the best possible image, whether it's an OpenGL-based application or physically based renderer like Iray../.."

Regarding converting shaders, not all PRB renderer use the same PBR shaders parameters, one can use the Disney Principled Shader but there are other types of PBR shaders, yet there are at least two major PBR workflow: Metal/Roughness or Specular/Glossiness which imply different shader parameters. So shader conversion does not mean one is PRB and the other one is not.

Computer programs, do not understand "principles" or "concepts"
as I said material definition language seems to use the same PBR concepts but, it is not PBR, so the reason for the need for conversion. why work on a "conversion" when there are "true" renders like you friend say, ready to work with the PBR that Iclone uses? Cycles and Pro render use the same PBR shaders from substance. I've been very hopeful with iclone 7, and now 7.2 is totally bug free, in my opinion it would be time for the reallusion to try to understand because iclone 7 does not achieve the same results as the marmoset toolbag or unity, and I'm not talking about the work of others. I'm talking about my work, I've been using iclone since version 5.5, and I started using unity / marmoset toolbag a year ago, and I just can not seem to get the same quality I need for my movie rendering using iclone 7.2
wildstar
wildstar
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

for good, AMD pro render is FREE ! to implement in any software, and reallusion preffer  pay to put iray
inside iclone? https://pro.radeon.com/en/software/prorender/

wildstar
wildstar
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

for me seeing this roadmap, it is very clear that: or reallusion thinks that its PBR / VXGI system is ready for professional use, like unreal or unity. or Reallusion gave up trying to make its native render better and decided to incorporate an external render to "cover" that deficiency. I already made my decision. (but I can change it because I would like to do everything inside the iclone) I will only use iclone to do what it does best, create and animate characters. as I did in 5.5.
PS. Reallusion thank you for not putting a Alembic importer on the Roadmap. Sad

GOETZIWOOD STUDIOS
GOETZIWOOD STUDIOS
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

wildstar (2/17/2018)
grabiller (2/17/2018)
wildstar (2/17/2018)

Second paragraph:

Regarding converting shaders, not all PRB renderer use the same PBR shaders parameters, one can use the Disney Principled Shader but there are other types of PBR shaders, yet there are at least two major PBR workflow: Metal/Roughness or Specular/Glossiness which imply different shader parameters. So shader conversion does not mean one is PRB and the other one is not.

Computer programs, do not understand "principles" or "concepts"
as I said material definition language seems to use the same PBR concepts but, it is not PBR, so the reason for the need for conversion. why work on a "conversion" when there are "true" renders like you friend say, ready to work with the PBR that Iclone uses? Cycles and Pro render use the same PBR shaders from substance. I've been very hopeful with iclone 7, and now 7.2 is totally bug free, in my opinion it would be time for the reallusion to try to understand because iclone 7 does not achieve the same results as the marmoset toolbag or unity, and I'm not talking about the work of others. I'm talking about my work, I've been using iclone since version 5.5, and I started using unity / marmoset toolbag a year ago, and I just can not seem to get the same quality I need for my movie rendering using iclone 7.2

Really, you are stubborn and clearly don't know what you are talking about, I'm sorry. I've just explained to you why the need of conversion between PBR shaders from different applications.

It is not because you don't get the same quality using iClone than using Toolbag that one is PBR and the other is not PBR. Clearly you don't understand what PBR means and what PBR implies in terns of shader coding.
Yet, PBR does not define all the aspects of your final rendering.

So please, stop spreading false information. Iray is PBR, period.

--

wildstar
wildstar
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

PBR is not a render lol , its a shader concept and shader standard :O

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Physically_based_rendering

Edited
6 Years Ago by wildstar

Reading This Topic