Posted By Kelleytoons 6 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!

Bringing Daz clothing into CC quickly and without adjustments

Author
Kelleytoons
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 hours ago
A rather quick tutorial on how to easily bring Daz clothing into CC using Blender without making any adjustments to it (the trick is really to setup a dress "dummy" for your clothes).

Also demos how to consolidate textures in Blender.

Alienware Aurora R12, Win 10, i9-119000KF, 3.5GHz CPU, 128GB RAM, RTX 3090 (24GB), Samsung 960 Pro 4TB M-2 SSD, TB+ Disk space
Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
larryjbiz
larryjbiz
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.2K reputation)

Last Active: 8 hours ago
Nice..
Thank you
Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)

You're welcome, Larry.

A couple of things I didn't mention -- first, this doesn't address weighting the clothing at all.  In many cases (particularly with men's clothing, but even with a lot of women's clothing) you either don't need weight maps or the need is minimal and they are easy to do.  For flowing clothes, however, there is both an art and a lot of work to get it right.  Rather than duplicate a tutorial here, I believe there is an excellent one already posted by Delema and would recommend anyone wanting to do that to watch:

https://forum.reallusion.com/318345/My-CC-Flowing-Clothes-Workflow-Blender-To-iClone?PageIndex=1

Second, I don't address decimating Daz clothes.  While I own decimator (and have used it at times) for clothing my results have been a mixed bag.  In particular, I find it almost pointless to try and decimate most clothing unless you ARE doing something like flowing clothes, in which case it can help.  You can also decimate in Blender, and I find that works better many times.  Clothing and characters in general are high poly and I wouldn't get too obsessed about trying to reduce unless you're working in games (and I have zero interest in that, so you're on your own).

Alienware Aurora R12, Win 10, i9-119000KF, 3.5GHz CPU, 128GB RAM, RTX 3090 (24GB), Samsung 960 Pro 4TB M-2 SSD, TB+ Disk space
Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
CtrlZ
CtrlZ
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)

Last Active: 8 hours ago
Thanks Mike!

Home built liquid cooled AMD Ryzen 7 1800X cpu (8 core 16 thread) 4.0GHz,  rtx 3090, ASUS Crosshair VI Hero motherboard, 64 GB RAM, 500 GB SSD (Samsung 850 EVO) 6 TB HD's 4K monitor.

gcshep
gcshep
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.3K reputation)

Last Active: 6 Years Ago
Thank you Mike helpful tutorial.

Best Regards
Gerge
rollasoc
rollasoc
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Months Ago
Thanks for that.  Really useful tutorial.  I was always assuming, I would be importing Daz characters and clothes together, so it is nice that it is not the case.

Home built PC:- i9 9900K 32GB RAM, Zotac 1080TI mini.
Band Music:-  https://thehairthieves.bandcamp.com/
Solo Instrumentals:- https://sineglidermusic.bandcamp.com/

Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

You're very welcome.

You can, of course, import Daz characters and use them in iClone (and Kai is giving a tutorial on the 21st this month about doing it with Gen 8 characters) but by bringing in the clothes separately it gives you SO much more power and control (for one thing you can easily change outfits on the CC characters -- by bringing in a clothed Daz character trying to change their outfits means, essentially, doing the entire process of importing the whole character again).  For another you can leverage ALL the clothes you have, both iClone and Daz.

There are some gotchas along the way (which you'll discover -- I try and mention a few and may do one more tutorial/video on just the pitfalls I've found) but at the very least a large portion of the clothes, shoes, hats and gloves come across with little to no trouble.  It really expands the possibilities.

(Make sure you look at part 1, which I posted today, if you have any questions about setting up the dress dummy for this).

Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
Viktors
Viktors
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (200 reputation)Junior Member (200 reputation)Junior Member (200 reputation)Junior Member (200 reputation)Junior Member (200 reputation)Junior Member (200 reputation)Junior Member (200 reputation)Junior Member (200 reputation)Junior Member (200 reputation)

That's my way, not only for clothes, it's for morphs, for textures and clothes.

Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

I really can't follow all of this (I kind of need someone talking to explain things) but it appears you need both Max and ZBrush for this, which is obviously out of reach of a lot of folks.  But I'm glad you have something that works for you (my method takes only about two minutes, whereas yours looks WAY more complicated -- but, again, perhaps I'm just not understanding due to the lack audio).

Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
Viktors
Viktors
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (200 reputation)Junior Member (200 reputation)Junior Member (200 reputation)Junior Member (200 reputation)Junior Member (200 reputation)Junior Member (200 reputation)Junior Member (200 reputation)Junior Member (200 reputation)Junior Member (200 reputation)

Mike, my method take 10 minutes for transfer morphs, transfer textures ans skinwrap clothes with 3ds max, for all.
For clothes you can use 3ds max, Maya, Blender, C4D or other, i prefer 3ds max and show with 3ds max.
You can see i use genesis, genesis 2 and genesis 3 with CC male/female morphs, i don't like
CC conform clothes, i do that with Daz and export clothes, work much better.

Reading This Topic