Soon in the Pixtim's store

Posted By Pixtim 2 Years Ago
Rated 5 stars based on 2 votes.
Author
Pixtim
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (4.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.1K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 13 hours ago
Do not worry Grabiller! I do not feel offended at all, on the contrary I find it very important that we exchange our points of view. This is really why I spend a lot of time on the forum.

To begin, I am myself a developer of projects and I very often have the same problem as you. Regularly, to have what I need for my sequences, I am either obliged to manufacture the elements myself, or I make someone work for me. This is of course not the same cost or the same time constraint.

What content creators are thinking? You see my point?
Do not worry about the price, we need to buy it because we need it. Do not worry about the price, we need to buy it because we need it. Perhaps create one standard pack and one full pack or something. Perhaps create one standard pack and one full pack or something. But do not let us down. "

But do not let us down. "
I think we have to say several things.

I believe that all developers like to please users. But no product will be exactly the one you want unless you order it directly for you.
The bandages have two blue lines? ah ... damn I would have preferred that there are no lines. I would have preferred to see a little more the thickness of the band. Me, my character received a pistol bullet in the right ear ... etc etc. And that's normal, our needs are all unique!
But impossible to please everyone at the same time. The products are generally thought to suit the greatest number ..

Then concerning the worry of the prices, impossible to forget that of course. Offices, software, various resources and ... pay salaries of course.

The Reallusion user community is not that important. It is also divided between professionals and hobbyists who have very different purchasing budgets.

This does not allow to spend time without relying on an achievement. We try to push the quality and the technique as we go, but things will be progressive.
I guess in your job as a director, if you have a budget on an order, you try to respect it.
It has not been very long since I've been developing products here, and to be honest, none of them paid for the time I spent on them! ">Smile
But I like doing that, and I wish I could continue. But if I do not make a living with this activity, I will have to get back to 100% in my main activity.

I think users and developers need to be a little flexible, otherwise the market will not evolve as it should.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/0a0894ca-d56b-4356-859c-f08b.jpg

GOETZIWOOD STUDIOS
GOETZIWOOD STUDIOS
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.8K reputation)

Last Active: 2 hours ago
@Pixtim
You have very valid points here, and I understand. Especially if you are creating contents during your spare time. Of course you cannot anticipate every situations nor please everyone.

But my point was more targeted toward consistency rather than customization though.

Releasing a pack of bandages without addressing the fingers is a consistency issue, not a customization issue. I believe we all are able - up to some point - to do some customization including texture editing so it is not a big deal if I want red lines or no line instead of blue ones. I understand and recognize that adding fingers would add a non negligible amount of work though, but not having those, from the buyer point of view, is very frustrating. Like an oven you can't open the door : )

And personally, I wont buy it - and don't take it as a punitive decision lol - but I wont buy it simply because I currently won't need it because I need fingers! It is as simple as that Smile

If you want to make a living creating contents you must take that into consideration. Ultimately, the ball is in your camp. The decisions you take will lead to the decision I'll take buying it or not.

In short, it is up to you Wink I'm just trying to help you sell.

--
guy rabiller | GOETZIWOOD STUDIOS
"N.O.E." (Nations Of Earth) Sci-Fi TV Show, Showrunner.

Edited
2 Years Ago by grabiller
Pixtim
Pixtim
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (4.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.1K reputation)

mmmm .... I give you an example ...

In the bandage release thread (link) , a user asks me if I can not add some bandages for the head. There is a problem with these elements because of the presence of hair. But I told him that I will probably add some. Because I know it's a trick to find. Once I've found this tip, my manufacturing and marketing will take me two or three hours. It is therefore acceptable in the report working time / user advantage. And as soon as I have found the trick, I will add these elements.
By cons for the hands, it's more complicated. This is one of a particular UV unfolding that brings innateptable artifacts onto the texture. So we have to take things back to the base and create new particular unfoldings.
In addition, for the fingers have used more often splints or casts (by grouping several fingers) rather than bandages ... then it would not be quite coherent.

That said, there is no reason for you to buy this package if you do not have the item you are looking for .. of course! it's normal

Pixtim
Pixtim
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Really, really soon   in the store !
• 5 CC Conforming hair
• Easy colors change
• Ready for soft physic

PBR with brightness intensity easily adjustable by Roughness channel

Principle of UV unfolding by strands allowing the user to:
_ easily change hair color with two adjustment zones (upper hair, side and back hair, depending of the model). All cuts are light in color to facilitate hue changes.
_ use two zones of adjustment for the dynamics (hair of the top and hair side and back, according to the hairstyles).

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/9ea91f49-97ef-461d-a896-6be3.jpg

Edited
2 Years Ago by Pixtim
GOETZIWOOD STUDIOS
GOETZIWOOD STUDIOS
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.8K reputation)

Last Active: 2 hours ago
Pixtim (2/2/2018)
mmmm .... I give you an example ...

In the bandage release thread (link) , a user asks me if I can not add some bandages for the head. There is a problem with these elements because of the presence of hair. But I told him that I will probably add some. Because I know it's a trick to find. Once I've found this tip, my manufacturing and marketing will take me two or three hours. It is therefore acceptable in the report working time / user advantage. And as soon as I have found the trick, I will add these elements.
By cons for the hands, it's more complicated. This is one of a particular UV unfolding that brings innateptable artifacts onto the texture. So we have to take things back to the base and create new particular unfoldings.
In addition, for the fingers have used more often splints or casts (by grouping several fingers) rather than bandages ... then it would not be quite coherent.

That said, there is no reason for you to buy this package if you do not have the item you are looking for .. of course! it's normal

I see your point, no worries. Well, perhaps a future release specific to the hands then Wink

And rest assured my *kind of rant* doesn't mean I don't value nor like your products of course, those are of great quality and you always come up with great ideas so keep it up Smile

--
guy rabiller | GOETZIWOOD STUDIOS
"N.O.E." (Nations Of Earth) Sci-Fi TV Show, Showrunner.

Zeronimo
Zeronimo
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)

Last Active: 3 hours ago
Very beautiful collection of hair. My nephew is currently wearing the hair as picture 4 Smile
I do not have enough points for the whole pack, so I took hair 1, 2 and 4.
Pixtim
Pixtim
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Grabiler : Thanks! Wink

Zeronimo, I sent you a private message, thank you for your purchase.
tomorrow or after tomorrow, I will publish a video to show how to change the hair color easily. Besides, I forgot to say it but we can also have two color zones on this hair.
And one also on the bandages

Edited
2 Years Ago by Pixtim
Pixtim
Pixtim
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

And how about a cartoon hair package?
It should be finished soon too ...

(Adjustable hair colors as you want !)
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/0555d90c-1fad-43a2-b3cf-1119.jpg

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/15bb6b03-ce22-4011-a382-22b4.jpg

Edited
2 Years Ago by Pixtim
CtrlZ
CtrlZ
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)

Last Active: 10 hours ago
Pixtim (2/3/2018)
Really, really soon   in the store !
• 5 CC Conforming hair
• Easy colors change
• Ready for soft physic

PBR with brightness intensity easily adjustable by Roughness channel

Principle of UV unfolding by strands allowing the user to:
_ easily change hair color with two adjustment zones (upper hair, side and back hair, depending of the model). All cuts are light in color to facilitate hue changes.
_ use two zones of adjustment for the dynamics (hair of the top and hair side and back, according to the hairstyles).

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/9ea91f49-97ef-461d-a896-6be3.jpg

Nice work Pixtim!
I just recently semi retired and I'm waiting on a bonus check I have coming but I will be purchasing these for sure! 

Home built liquid cooled AMD Ryzen 7 1800X cpu (8 core 16 thread) 4.0GHz,  2x GTX 1080 ti (11gb) SLI, ASUS Crosshair VI Hero motherboard, 64 GB RAM, 500 GB SSD (Samsung 850 EVO) 6 TB HD's 4K monitor.

Pixtim
Pixtim
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Thanks CtrlZ!
Glad to hear from you, but before you stick to new achievements, enjoy some of this newfound freedom !!! Smile Smile Smile

Reading This Topic