Free Particle Share

Posted By Warped Reality VFX 6 Years Ago
Rated 5 stars based on 4 votes.
Author
jasonjbrown
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 Weeks Ago
It looks great, Kevin L..... how did you do it?
jlittle
jlittle
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
mtakerkart (1/28/2018)
I tried to make this PopcornFX tutorial to get the plasma ball. After the
third scripting line , everything was a mess and never get the result.

Here is the Plasma Ball FX in package form:

Jeff

Get my Plugin Manager and TaskNotes plugins for iClone.
Check out EZColors and Other products for CTA/CA. EZColors: the easy way to change Render Styled (RS) colors!
See my CTA Tutorials on the YouTube channel CTAStepByStep

mtakerkart
mtakerkart
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)

Last Active: 11 hours ago
Hi Jeff,

Unfortunatly your file is in .pkkg format.... I can't import via the plugin and the Popcorneditor doesn't recognize it...
hj
hj
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (28.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (28.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (28.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (28.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (28.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (28.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (28.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (28.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (28.5K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
I can't import via the plugin and the Popcorneditor doesn't recognize it..

dubble click on "Plasmaglobetut.pkkg" will open a import to the Editor.
After import you will find it in the directorie "LSA/Test/PlasmaGglobeTest"
This you can open with the editor.

Thank you Jlittle for sharingSmileSmileSmileSmile

Fehler gehören zum Leben.
Was zählt, ist, wie man auf Fehler reagiert
Niki Giovanni
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/1a2f83b8-b491-4e74-bf8b-6a98.jpg

mtakerkart
mtakerkart
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)

Last Active: 11 hours ago
@HJ
Thank you.

@Jeff
Thank you. Can't wait your other particles!!
4u2ges
4u2ges
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)

Last Active: 10 hours ago
jlittle (2/3/2018)
mtakerkart (1/28/2018)
I tried to make this PopcornFX tutorial to get the plasma ball. After the
third scripting line , everything was a mess and never get the result.

Here is the Plasma Ball FX in package form:

Jeff

Thanks for that! Nice work setting attributes. Comparing your version with the one I made by following a tutorial cleared up attributes subject and how they're bound to functions.
I just wish I have the source for super tools so I can fiddle with them, trying add some missing attributes.

Edited
6 Years Ago by 4u2ges
Warped Reality VFX
Warped Reality VFX
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.6K reputation)

Last Active: 42 minutes ago
Hi, guys I just wanted to respond to some question.
If you're willing to convert the Static-shield in Iclone format with some setting.... Let's say rotation, scale, translation, changing texture, etc... BigGrin

mtakerkart yes I will take look at the  static shield and make one for the community. I will also make the plasma ball. I see that jlittle has released his plasma effect also and thank you jlittle for the effect, is this converted for iClone7,
Hello Hj
  can you also share the pkfx files, so that i can see the steps to do it ?

I hope this answer will at least give you insight since I don't know your programming skill level. All but the most simple effects are comprised of multiple effects.
Every part of the effect has to be changed to work properly in iclone7, every change I make is through code, for every part of the effect.
As far as adding attributes, most of the effects that come with the editor have very few, if any attributes.So when I add my attributes, it is simply me adding what I think I would want in the effect and to have the most customization for that effect I am working on.  I do not expose attributes that already exist, I'm creating them as i go.
So I hope you understand I can not release my code at this time, but if I can help with programming in other ways i'll be glad to.
Hi jasonjbrown.
It looks great, Kevin L..... how did you do it?

The effect was achieved by adjusting the physics settings and other attributes.
Boat wake test

Warped Reality VFX.
hj
hj
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (28.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (28.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (28.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (28.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (28.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (28.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (28.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (28.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (28.5K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
Hello Jlittle
Iin this effekt the meshchanging does not work, no changing in the effect.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/23724ecf-b28c-406c-94b6-16e9.jpg

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/65393473-c681-4338-9851-9ab2.jpghttps://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/fe78cddc-e35d-4299-a8db-2393.jpg

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/7057511f-e3a3-4691-8a19-898f.jpg

may you will correct this
thank you for example

Hans Jörgen

Hello Kevin
The code is my problem. I am not abel to use C++. I have a little training in "java script"
May you can show the code for "global translate"  as a simple example

Fehler gehören zum Leben.
Was zählt, ist, wie man auf Fehler reagiert
Niki Giovanni
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/1a2f83b8-b491-4e74-bf8b-6a98.jpg

Edited
6 Years Ago by hj
jlittle
jlittle
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)

Kevin L
I see that jlittle has released his plasma effect also and thank you jlittle for the effect, is this converted for iClone7.
I uploaded it as a PFX package since several users wanted the source code to learn from.

hj (2/4/2018)
Hello Jlittle, In this effect the mesh changing does not work, no changing in the effect.
I created that effect from the tutorial and added some of my own attributes but did not test it for movement.
I believe the original tut was mostly for projection onto surfaces and did not address movement.
I'll take a look when I get a chance and see what I can do.

Jeff

Check out EZColors and Other products for CTA/CA. EZColors: the easy way to change Render Styled (RS) colors!

jlittle
jlittle
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

hj (2/4/2018)
In this effect the mesh changing does not work, no changing in the effect.

That is because the mesh was only for displaying the inner sphere.
The Attribute Sampler "Source" is used to project the inside position of the particles (which is a sphere).
What you see as the Inner and Outer sphere have no relation to the plasma positions and are just visual items.

What you are looking for is a different effect than what the Plasma Ball was designed to do.

Here is an improved Plasma Sphere that can be moved (xyz) without the particles messing up.
I also replaced the inner sphere renderer with a billboard (was mesh).

Jeff

Edited
6 Years Ago by jlittle

Reading This Topic