Free Particle Share

Posted By Warped Reality VFX 6 Years Ago
Rated 5 stars based on 4 votes.
Author
Warped Reality VFX
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.6K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 6 hours ago
I started this post because I wanted to have a place where users could come and get more effects for the new plugin popcornfx.
If you have imported effects from the editor, you may have come to realize that not all effects work  as shown in the editor when imported into iClone 7.
I also realize that not everybody is a programmer and unfortunately, programming is the only way to correct most of the major axis issues and add attributes.
I will be posting effects that work with the correct axis and with custom attributes. I want to make sure that if you have no desire to program your own effects, that the effects I provide are user friendly and give a wide range of possibilities. I look forward to seeing what you guys create with these.
All download links are in the link description.

Riot DominoKLv1 0
Has more than 80 Attributes this effect can create a wide range of effects experiment with  all sliders turn things on and off to create diffrent effects.

Popcorfx PartyTimeKLv2.0

This effect was fun to create it also has lots of customization,also if you previously downloaded this effect make sure you upgrade to version 2.0

Warped Reality VFX.
mtakerkart
mtakerkart
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)

Last Active: 25 minutes ago
WOW!!! Tank you sooo much Kevin L !!!  May I can suggest a request ?  I tried to make this PopcornFX tutorial to get the plasma ball. After the
third scripting line , everything was a mess and never get the result. Could you provide it? 

And I'm trying also to make getting the most often used effect called warp effect. I tried to isolate it of the teleporter popcorn exemple but I've no control
parameter of everything.....

jasonjbrown
jasonjbrown
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Weeks Ago
I can't get a lot of the particle effects to work properly.
The "water wake" effect does not rotate.... I cannot get it to follow a boat properly because it can't stay flat (horizontal) and rotate around corners.
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/65b14341-e9a3-46c7-94e7-d306.jpg

The "fur" effect does not appear on the sampled mesh, it appears in a different location than the mesh and cannot be accurately positioned.
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/0dab93a3-50be-44ea-b244-0cc8.jpg

I also cannot get most of the emitters to rotate properly when their appearance is set to "horizontal".
Any help is appreciated!

Jason
Warped Reality VFX
Warped Reality VFX
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.6K reputation)

SingularityKLv01
This is a very cinematic effect very customizable and great for sci-fi.
But could be used for many applications enjoy.

Warped Reality VFX.
Warped Reality VFX
Warped Reality VFX
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Hi mtakerkart  I hope you enjoy the effects,I will check out the tutorial for the plasma ball and look at the warp effect and try and make that for the community.
Also hello jasonjbrown I will see what I can find out about your issues with the fur and water I have not used any of the popcornfx library 40 effects yet
And  as for the mesh sampler the,mesh sampler can be used for many things some example are position velocity collision and more there may be an offset in that effect
you're using from your picture it looks like your sampling the cylinder on the left side and the fur is being spawned on the right is that correct I will check tomorrow.

Warped Reality VFX.
Edited
6 Years Ago by Kevin L
4u2ges
4u2ges
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
Kevin L (1/28/2018)

All download links are in the link description.

Thank you! Subscribed...

mtakerkart (1/28/2018)
I tried to make this PopcornFX tutorial to get the plasma ball. After the
third scripting line , everything was a mess and never get the result. Could you provide it? 

My five cents.. maybe. Every time you add a line of script, hit "compile" at the bottom. If a line has syntax error, it would show it (script is case sensitive btw).

jasonjbrown
jasonjbrown
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Weeks Ago
Oh thank you Kevin, I did get the fur problem fixed.  It was solved on another thread.

The particle rotation issue is still a problem, especially the "water wake" which I need for this scene:
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/6040492a-69d4-4b9a-8e57-18f4.jpg
mtakerkart
mtakerkart
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)

Last Active: 25 minutes ago
Every time you add a line of script, hit "compile" at the bottom

Yes I did. Not worked. I'm a script-handicaped brain since 1986, when I tried to start writing program. It never worked....
But I can repaired an electromecanical pinball whithout any problem! Wink
Colonel_Klink
Colonel_Klink
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (17.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (17.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (17.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (17.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (17.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (17.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (17.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (17.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (17.1K reputation)

Last Active: 3 Months Ago

mtakerkart (1/29/2018)
Every time you add a line of script, hit "compile" at the bottom

Yes I did. Not worked. I'm a script-handicaped brain since 1986, when I tried to start writing program. It never worked....
But I can repaired an electromecanical pinball whithout any problem! Wink

Programming I'm usually quite comfortable with, however popcornfx has me stumped. I tried changing axis but that didn't do anything. Mind you I haven't delved too far into it yet. One thing I'd like to know is how to expose the popcorn attributes so I can load custom sounds into an effect within iClone.

See all my content in one place
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/a5008f7f-0e1f-4504-bcf8-f262.png
Facebook Page: CWK3D Game and Film Content
Cancer Survivor - Retired Teacher - Geriatric Icloner still learning
Hardware: ZX80; Operating System- ZX80 Basic; CPU - ZX80 @ 3.25 MHz; Memory - 1KB; Hard Drive - N/A; Storage - Cassette; Monitor: Any old CRT TV

Warped Reality VFX
Warped Reality VFX
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Hello mtakerkart here is quick wip video of the teleporter effect I,will release soon I have added mesh sampler.
VortexDustPos,TelepodLight,SpawnMask.
I want to add a few more attributes before I release.

Warped Reality VFX.
Edited
6 Years Ago by Kevin L

Reading This Topic