Change character clothing in Unity

Posted By carlosmelo1991 6 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
carlosmelo1991
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (653 reputation)Veteran Member (653 reputation)Veteran Member (653 reputation)Veteran Member (653 reputation)Veteran Member (653 reputation)Veteran Member (653 reputation)Veteran Member (653 reputation)Veteran Member (653 reputation)Veteran Member (653 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 5 Years Ago
Hi there,

I am new using Iclone and Character Creator. I am trying to add multiple sets of clothing to my character so that I can hide it and unhide it in Unity to be able to "change" the character's cloth. But in Character Creator, I am not able to add multiple cloths of the same type, like more than 1 set of pants as it simply replaces the previous one.

I am aware that this is something I should find out how to handle in Unity but I thought that if it was possible to do this I could easily accomplish my purpose. Alternatively Is it possible to export a clothing asset by itself as a skinmesh but maintaining the bone information so that I can assign them in Unity? 

My last question is about PBR materials, I haven't found any tutorials on how to correctly import the PBR materials from character creator into Unity. I know the graphics will never be exactly the same in both programs but after assigning all the textures in Unity the quality is reduced drastically so I imagine that there is something I am not doing correctly.

Thanks beforehand to anyone who can give me some advice.

Reading This Topic