Posted By fmccann 6 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Praise.png
fmccann
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Dear Reallusion members and staff, I need your help. My name is Francis McCann and I have been a Reallusion member for 8 years and throughout these 8 years I have spent a lot of time and money on the Reallusion site.
I am a qualified carpenter and joiner by trade and have worked in the building industry for the last 25 years. However in 2004, following an industrial accident, I was informed by the doctors to give up woodwork to prevent paralysis and since then have been living with chronic pain and forced to take a huge amount of medication. But that didn’t stop me.
After studying at night school and gaining a distinction in AutoCAD Design, I decided to explore my creative side and study in Digital Media and Design at Yorkshire Coast college gaining a foundation degree. However, this was a huge struggle for me as I also have a severe stammer, asperges and dyslexia. As you can imagine this made life a lot harder for me until I came across Reallussion. Reallusion helped a significant amount with my college work, as I used it to do all my college assignments and continued to use it afterwards to help me learn as much as I could.
Unfortunately, over the last few years my disability has become increasingly worse and it has gotten to a point where even the simplest of tasks are difficult to do on my own. Tasks like having a bath, getting dressed, making a simple meal and even moving around freely can be almost impossible at times.
My 13 year old son has made me a gofundme page to try and help his disabled father and when I read it I burst into tears. Sometimes you just don’t realize how much your illness/disability can affect your family. It would mean a lot to, not only me, but my whole family if you gave just a few minutes of your time to make even a small donation and to share this post around to help us.
Thank you to reallusion and all its members for your help.

https://www.gofundme.com/4yn1iz4
fmccann
fmccann
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)

Thank you to one of our members for their generous donation. 
Edited
6 Years Ago by fmccann
justaviking
justaviking
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Weeks Ago
I hope you have his permission to share that information publicly.

iClone 7... Character Creator... Substance Designer/Painter... Blender... Audacity...
Desktop (homebuilt) - Windows 10, Ryzen 9 3900x CPU, GTX 1080 GPU (8GB), 32GB RAM, Asus X570 Pro motherboard, 2TB SSD, terabytes of disk space, dual  monitors.
Laptop - Windows 10, MSI GS63VR STEALTH-252, 16GB RAM, GTX 1060 (6GB), 256GB SSD and 1TB HDD

fmccann
fmccann
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

justaviking (1/22/2018)
I hope you have his permission to share that information publicly.

Thank you for pointing me in the right direction, the last thing I would want to do is offend anybody. I was just so pleased that one of our members was willing to help me. I do admit, I now feel guilty for taking his name out but you are correct I should've asked for his permission first. 
fmccann
fmccann
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Hello members, I just thought id show you this picture. It's something I started before I became ill. I did a lot more work to it but I do not have a up to date picture.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/b1dcee4b-723b-4aa4-ab8d-dbb0.jpg

The story behind this is when my first son was born in 2001, I was travelling in my work van with my colleagues (we used to work all over the country). I saw a BMW Roadster Z3 and at the time I thought it was the best looking car I had ever seen. I said to my colleagues that I was going to build this car for my son as a bed for him out of wood where it would have a steering wheel hooked up to a games console and all the lights would work like the real thing. The guys at work said it would be impossible to bend wood like that so they set me the challenge. Unfortunately I became ill due to my accident before I could finish it.

If any of you would like to ask me any questions or even want to see how I used Reallusion products to help me at college with my work and university work then just ask.

If I am abit late at replying it is because I have to ask my son to type for me as part of my disability is that a disc in my neck at C6/C7 has bulged out and is pressing on the nerves to my arms and as you can understand this is very painful for me.
Edited
6 Years Ago by fmccann
fmccann
fmccann
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/06187a71-8380-4914-ab48-fb4b.jpg

gf.me/u/guwryp
Edited
6 Years Ago by fmccann

Reading This Topic