Profile Picture

Texture messed up on fbx exported from Blender

Posted By dzinwiz 6 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
dzinwiz
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (263 reputation)Senior Member (263 reputation)Senior Member (263 reputation)Senior Member (263 reputation)Senior Member (263 reputation)Senior Member (263 reputation)Senior Member (263 reputation)Senior Member (263 reputation)Senior Member (263 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
Noob here with 3dxchange who is using Blender to rig and export the fbx of the model I sculpted in Zbrush, painted in 3D coat, imported to Blender and rigged there. So FINALLY after many hours of tutorials and failures, I got the rigged bones to show up really well when I import the fbx and click to convert to non-standard. Problem is these dang shooting 'prims' on fbx import to 3dxchange. What the devil is that about and how do I resolve it? Do I need to do weight painting in Blender (familiar with concept, but never done it) before I export to 3dxchange in fbx format or perhaps there is something in the export settings I need to adjust? I suspect the weird looking result has something to do with my 'root bone', another area I am clueless about but haven't found much info to help in googling. 

Oh, I did skip ahead in one of my many failed imports to fiddle with bone mapping in 3dxchange (was over the moon to see the rig and raced ahead JUST to see how it worked), so I have a clue what is ahead of me in terms of assigning extended bones. But that was the horse before the cart scenario in my eagerness to understand more about the program, lol. Now it seems super essential that I get a grasp on how to work with the texture. Feels on the brink of some serious learning to make a dream come true (smiles). 

In my quest to get my custom model inside iClone admits to true noob-ism, learning the processes as I go to achieve the mission. Any and all pointers welcome to help me learn this complex stuff. 

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/bcb7e0ee-c643-4c84-8418-7295.png
kurzal
kurzal
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)

Last Active: 4 Years Ago
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/e338e9bf-84f3-4ffa-8101-3c9a.png
Try to uncheck this.

--------
Igor

4u2ges
4u2ges
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday

Welcome and I applaud to your effort and patience right away. Someone with extensive rigging experience would probably make lot more explaining, but the answer to the question about weight paining in Blender after rigging is Yes. You need to weight paint the mesh before exporting to fbx and bringing it to 3DXchange. Those mesh spikes are indication of that.

dzinwiz
dzinwiz
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (263 reputation)Senior Member (263 reputation)Senior Member (263 reputation)Senior Member (263 reputation)Senior Member (263 reputation)Senior Member (263 reputation)Senior Member (263 reputation)Senior Member (263 reputation)Senior Member (263 reputation)

Thanks for the suggestion, but leaf bones was unchecked on export. I note from the next response the next thing to tackle is learning to master weight painting. Appreciates your input as I need all the help I can get, lol.
dzinwiz
dzinwiz
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Thank you so much for the response! I suspected weight painting was part of the process and that confirmation is all I need to venture into my next deep learning curve. Time to consume some more tutorials and embrace more failures before the dream can come to life. Not having any real guidance to know what I absolutely must learn (or not), I am ultra appreciative of your input and that this forum exists Smile
Rampa
Rampa
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)

Last Active: 5 minutes ago
How did you weight the bones initially? Ctrl-P With automatic weights?

In this case, the leaf bones shouldn't matter. You also may find you don't need to convert to a non-standard character, unless you want it to use the iClone human motions. You can animate prop bones directly in iClone already.

Reading This Topic