Profile Picture

How do I get the mesh emitter to emit meshes in the right direction?

Posted By Kelleytoons 6 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!

How do I get the mesh emitter to emit meshes in the right direction?

Author
wires
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 days ago
Space Rider (1/16/2018)
Wires, I tried that and it still only works from the beginning. Weird. No matter where I place it and turn it on......it starts from the 1st frame.

I'm not quite sure just what you mean by " No matter where I place it and turn it on". Adding anything to a scene, no matter where the timeline marker is when it is added, will always be active/visible from frame 1. If you want it to be anything else then this must be set as a state at frame 1 and changed at the frame where it should be active/visible.

Gerry

System: Win 10 Pro (21H2), Asus X99-E WS, CPU i7-5930K -3,5 GHz, 32 GB DDR4 2666-16 RAM, NVidia GTX 1080 Ti GPU - 11 GB VRAM(Driver Studio-536.99), Samsung 850 Pro 512 GB SSD, 6 TB HD storage.

Edited
6 Years Ago by wires
justaviking
justaviking
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Weeks Ago
@Space Rider - Try this...

Expanding on what Wires said:
Add the particle item.
At T=0, turn it OFF (it is probably On by default - this should make an "off" keyframe at the start of your video)
At T=1:15 or whenever you want it on, then turn it on

iClone 7... Character Creator... Substance Designer/Painter... Blender... Audacity...
Desktop (homebuilt) - Windows 10, Ryzen 9 3900x CPU, GTX 1080 GPU (8GB), 32GB RAM, Asus X570 Pro motherboard, 2TB SSD, terabytes of disk space, dual  monitors.
Laptop - Windows 10, MSI GS63VR STEALTH-252, 16GB RAM, GTX 1060 (6GB), 256GB SSD and 1TB HDD

Warped Reality VFX
Warped Reality VFX
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.6K reputation)

Last Active: 9 minutes ago
Hello, Kelleytoons I hope this helps you and the community I have created a particle for the issues you were having called PartyTimeKL1.
It has collision  with physics objects and lots of attributes for customization.
I will also be releasing some of the particles that come with popcornfx with the correct axis and with attributes for those also.
I will be starting a new post called particle share.
Best Regards.
Kevin L.
You can download from youtube link

Warped Reality VFX.
Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)

Last Active: 49 minutes ago
Kevin,

It's very generous of you and, yes, this would have worked for me (a bit late for my project, but useful nevertheless).  I was trying to just get the balloons to "drop" but if you move the emitter up high enough they will do this properly, although I would suggest if you make similar FX you also include options to allow the emission to be tailored.

Given the options and the results it's clear you know what you are doing, and I suspect there will be a market for other such work from you.  I know I'll be looking at what you might provide, and certainly would be willing to pay a reasonable price for it.  Keep us posted.

Alienware Aurora R12, Win 10, i9-119000KF, 3.5GHz CPU, 128GB RAM, RTX 3090 (24GB), Samsung 960 Pro 4TB M-2 SSD, TB+ Disk space
Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
Warped Reality VFX
Warped Reality VFX
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.6K reputation)

Emissions can be tailored. play with all attributes its quite a versitile effect.
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/c7a58eae-859f-458f-bfa2-7071.jpghttps://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/7a2e953b-4d96-42ce-8d00-fec5.jpg
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/d6fe2a25-2756-4b24-a162-de7d.jpghttps://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/ed2f49ba-22af-4a33-a486-2c04.jpg These are just a few of the attributes,enjoy.

Warped Reality VFX.
Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)

Oh, I know and I don't want to minimize how good it is.  But for my own purposes (dropping the balloons down from the ceiling) what I really needed was just the standard "emit from here" settings on most of the PopcornFX (where you specify the x/y/z coordinates of the emission).  

As I said, it's great but I would hope you'd consider that basic for future ones.

Alienware Aurora R12, Win 10, i9-119000KF, 3.5GHz CPU, 128GB RAM, RTX 3090 (24GB), Samsung 960 Pro 4TB M-2 SSD, TB+ Disk space
Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
Warped Reality VFX
Warped Reality VFX
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Thank you once again Kelleytoons for feedback I have not studied how iClones 7 implements positioning their emitter other than physically moving the emitter I will implement this feature now.
I will add a mesh sampler also to emit position XYZ.

Warped Reality VFX.
Warped Reality VFX
Warped Reality VFX
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Hello, Kelleytoons I have updated the effect to version 2.0 and added more features including the ones you suggested.
Also for any others that have downloaded the effect make sure you upgrade to version 2.0. There also a quick tutorial about some of the new features.

Warped Reality VFX.
Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Thanks for doing this.  In the PopcornFX tutorial yesterday some folks were asking about more FX, so you might want to start your own separate thread even if it's just to mention this particular FX.

Mike "ex-genius" Kelley

Reading This Topic