Profile Picture

How do I get the mesh emitter to emit meshes in the right direction?

Posted By Kelleytoons 6 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!

How do I get the mesh emitter to emit meshes in the right direction?

Author
mtakerkart
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Yesterday
Don't really understand because it's a difficult english style of this thread but If I understand my mesh emitter works
ok with the mesh orientation.

Snarp Farkle
Snarp Farkle
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Weeks Ago
Hi Kelleytoons,

There is an online manual [HERE] in case you haven't already found it, I'm just starting to play with this myself.

Dell XPS 8900, Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700 CPU @ 3.40GHz, 3408 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s), 16 GB RAM, - 4 GB GeForce GTX 745, NVIDIA compatible.
Acer Aspire V Nitro Laptop,  2.5GHz Intel Core i5-7300HQ processor with 6MB cache,  256GB solid state drive, 16GB Ram,  4 GB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti graphics.

Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)

Last Active: 9 hours ago
Guy's, I've tried EVERYTHING in the options, but nothing seems to make a difference in that rotation (and, yes, I've also changed the pivot of the mesh itself, which doesn't do anything at all).

The only thing I didn't experiment with at all was using a mesh emitter -- perhaps if I use some sort of "ceiling" on my emitter (I'm having stuff fall from the sky) it will help.  But as I've said, I've used MANY particle systems throughout the many decades (perhaps as many as 10-20) and none of them have been this much trouble, at least with what I'm trying to do here (but not just with this rotation thingee -- they aren't interacting with any avatar either, so perhaps either that can't happen or, again, I'm missing something obvious).  PopcornFX ain't intuitive at all to me (just as an aside -- why does the melt object appear WAY away from the source?  Anyone have a clear understanding of how that one should behave, because it looks pretty useless otherwise).

Alienware Aurora R16, Win 11, i9-149000KF, 3.20GHz CPU, 64GB RAM, RTX 4090 (24GB), Samsung 870 Pro 8TB, Gen3 MVNe M-2 SSD, 4TBx2, 39" Alienware Widescreen Monitor
Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)

Oh and that "manual" is a joke -- it barely scratches the surface of the stuff that is provided.  It looks like it was written by someone from the PR department, not the technical one.

Alienware Aurora R16, Win 11, i9-149000KF, 3.20GHz CPU, 64GB RAM, RTX 4090 (24GB), Samsung 870 Pro 8TB, Gen3 MVNe M-2 SSD, 4TBx2, 39" Alienware Widescreen Monitor
Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Okay, perhaps I've been going about this all wrong -- rather than ask generalities, maybe one of you who has been playing with this stuff far longer than me just needs to see what a muck up I've made of this.  All I'm trying to do is get some balloons to drop from the ceiling downwards.  Oh, it would be WONDERFUL if they would somehow interact with an avatar, but at this stage I've given up on that (I don't really think particles can do that -- perhaps if I put some dummy objects attached to something, but I'm not even close to that yet).

No matter what I try the balloons just spawn weirdly and rotate around and -- I'm sure ONE of you knows the awful thing I'm missing here.  If you have a moment I've love for someone to set me straight.

Sigh -- can't get attached zip to upload.  Here's a dropbox link:  https://www.dropbox.com/s/ch9h3p3zden5yc8/Balloon%20Drop.zip?dl=0

Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
Edited
6 Years Ago by Kelleytoons
Postfrosch
Postfrosch
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (37.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.8K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
why does the melt object appear WAY away from the source?

By me too Angry

I have no idea why and how I could change that
Greets
Postfrosch

--------------------------------------------------------------
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/cd9c9a06-21a5-44c5-9f67-6810.jpg
mtakerkart
mtakerkart
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)

Meshes emitted could have collision with other mesh with physics activated. Here I only activated physics on clothes.

mtakerkart
mtakerkart
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Emit position

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/8c5d7153-2985-4cda-adc7-1e96.jpg
Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Thanks, that does help (I was looking for a place on the avatar itself to activate physics).

However, what if you want the character's hand to interact with particles?  I guess it's back to a dummy object, then (as I said, I haven't gotten anywhere NEAR what I want to just get my particles to behave properly to worry too much about this yet).

Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

mtakerkart (1/12/2018)
Emit position

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/8c5d7153-2985-4cda-adc7-1e96.jpg

I'm not sure what you're trying to tell me here -- I'm using a mesh as an emitter (for the ceiling) so emit position is set to 0 on all axis anyway.  Or if you mean something different...

I've posted my project -- if it's an idiot mistake should be simple for someone to correct.

Mike "ex-genius" Kelley

Reading This Topic