Posted By alexch2441 6 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!

Issues about PNG body part pictures uploading to CAT3 character

Author
alexch2441
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (602 reputation)Veteran Member (602 reputation)Veteran Member (602 reputation)Veteran Member (602 reputation)Veteran Member (602 reputation)Veteran Member (602 reputation)Veteran Member (602 reputation)Veteran Member (602 reputation)Veteran Member (602 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 6 Years Ago
I am following the tutorial (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ntUy_3AMsTs&t=1647s) to make my picture to be a character on CTA3. I save my dissected body part pictures into PNG file on Adobe Photoshops as it suggested. Then I import the body parts into CAT3 composer's mode to make a new character based on G2's skeleton with my body part pictures. 

I have done once before, the pictures were loaded without any problem. However, I encountered a lot of gray-out pictures in the PNG body part pictures I took today (better edited in Photoshop). You can see in this picture. What's going on? Why the PNG file has so many problem today. It is the Photoshop's issue or CAT3's issue? The hip pictures were saved from PNG --> JPG --> import to Photoshop, process, and save as a new PNG file. I tried to do on other pictures. All have problems, my face pic, my right leg, ... . 
But the body part in the picture all 'gray-out'.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/62a05125-d36e-48f2-b7fe-0d86.png

kylelee
kylelee
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Could you provide your image to me, I will try to help you check your issue.
alexch2441
alexch2441
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (602 reputation)Veteran Member (602 reputation)Veteran Member (602 reputation)Veteran Member (602 reputation)Veteran Member (602 reputation)Veteran Member (602 reputation)Veteran Member (602 reputation)Veteran Member (602 reputation)Veteran Member (602 reputation)

I found out the problem. When I use Adobe Photoshop to save the png file, it was saved in 16-bit in the "Image--> Mode" part. I changed it into 8-bit image, there is no problem to upload the PNG file anymore. 

I found that it is very difficult to reconstruct a G2 character that has no glitches when the character is in motion. I imported the body parts into a character, but the Head-neck-Body connection and  the Hip-Body connection is very complex. There are several pivot points that have to be coordinated. I really has a hard time to move them (even following a well-down video like this, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ntUy_3AMsTs&t=1647s) . In that video, the character has no neck, but its movement has no problem at all. I have an hard time to move those points along the spine. If the dot moves, then the pictures don't stack well. So I guess the trick of alignment must be in the position of point when I position the picture. 

Any tip that helps me to understand the trick will be very appreciated. 

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/ff045338-224b-4668-8ad6-1067.png
Snarp Farkle
Snarp Farkle
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
I think you'll find your answer in the online manual.

Setting Connection Points

Wink

http://manual.reallusion.com/CrazyTalk_Animator_3/ENU/Pipeline/Content/Resources/Images/Setting_Connection_Point_02.jpg

Dell XPS 8900, Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700 CPU @ 3.40GHz, 3408 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s), 16 GB RAM, - 4 GB GeForce GTX 745, NVIDIA compatible.
Acer Aspire V Nitro Laptop,  2.5GHz Intel Core i5-7300HQ processor with 6MB cache,  256GB solid state drive, 16GB Ram,  4 GB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti graphics.

alexch2441
alexch2441
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Thank you, Kyle, for your kindness. I have solved the PNG issue. Smile 
alexch2441
alexch2441
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Thank you very much, Snarp. You nailed it. I follow the manual and fixed two joint problems. But I still have a problem when my head is doing forward bending in 'Head Rotate' calibration. My body part eventually stands up while my head is bending forward. 

More tricks to learn

Alex

Reading This Topic