Daz gen 8 character import issues

Posted By green.damion 6 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
green.damion
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (694 reputation)Veteran Member (694 reputation)Veteran Member (694 reputation)Veteran Member (694 reputation)Veteran Member (694 reputation)Veteran Member (694 reputation)Veteran Member (694 reputation)Veteran Member (694 reputation)Veteran Member (694 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 4 Years Ago
its seems that due to the base pose of the Gen8 Daz puppet base, that when importing the character (along with the  Genesis8_female_iCloneFaceKey patch) that the character is twisted up, while you can move and manipulate the puppet fine, the character doesn't start in the normal mode but twisted and this base twist effects all actions you assign the puppet...What to do? ive tried to change the puppet positioning in Daz...nope, tried to figure out a way todo similar in 3d exchange...nope...(I didn't even see an option to articulate the bones/arms and feet in 3d Exchange)...
Rampa
Rampa
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)

Last Active: 8 hours ago
You're on the right track! See if this helps.

You may find that the characters arms are thrusting into their body, rather than at their sides when standing still. Sometimes you need to raise the arms into a Y pose for it to look correct.

Edited
6 Years Ago by Rampa
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: Yesterday
Are you applying the Daz Genesis 8 T-Pose to your character in 3DXchange? If not click "Convert To Non-Standard" on the Modify panel and then apply the correct T-Pose.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Edited
6 Years Ago by Peter (RL)
slavoisard
slavoisard
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Months Ago
Hi Peter !

We all have problems since latest update... All Genesis (1, 2, 3 and 8) are no more mapping eyes correctly, everything needs to be done manually.... May be this problem is linked to the global thing no more working as before ?
Rampa
Rampa
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)

Peter (RL) (1/9/2018)
Are you applying the Daz Genesis 8 T-Pose to your character in 3DXchange? If not click "Convert To Non-Standard" on the Modify panel and then apply the correct T-Pose.

We have a specific G8 T-pose? I'm not finding it. Are we supposed to have one?

I am rather blind at times. Wink

Edited
6 Years Ago by Rampa
Snarp Farkle
Snarp Farkle
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
You'll find it when downloading the iClone_Daz_Genesis_Extension version 3 from your Members area Registration area.

Dell XPS 8900, Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700 CPU @ 3.40GHz, 3408 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s), 16 GB RAM, - 4 GB GeForce GTX 745, NVIDIA compatible.
Acer Aspire V Nitro Laptop,  2.5GHz Intel Core i5-7300HQ processor with 6MB cache,  256GB solid state drive, 16GB Ram,  4 GB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti graphics.

Rampa
Rampa
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

That's the facekey DUF file. There is the autoconvert 3DXProfile in the 3DX folder, but it doesn't change the arms into a Tpose. It may have gotten left out. It's certainly easy enough to fix.

In any case, here is a proper G8 Tpose for both male and female you can download. Uncheck the active box if it's checked, and then click on the "Load" button up top to load a profile.
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/b514df4a-8e2a-4148-9886-23b1.jpg

Edited
6 Years Ago by Rampa
Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)

Last Active: 2 hours ago
Rampa,

I have a Daz Genesis 8 3DX T-Pose when I open up XChange 7, so it's definitely provided somehow (the only thing I know for sure is *I* didn't create it or even want it -- it showed up there one day when my XChange updated).

Alienware Aurora R12, Win 10, i9-119000KF, 3.5GHz CPU, 128GB RAM, RTX 3090 (24GB), Samsung 960 Pro 4TB M-2 SSD, TB+ Disk space
Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
Rampa
Rampa
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

I thought I was up-to-date. It shows 7.2.12 something. Little redundancy doesn't hurt. I guess. Wink
Snarp Farkle
Snarp Farkle
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
Thanks Rampa, I didn't have the Profile's saved yet. Smile

After using them though I noticed that you didn't have the eyes and jaw set up in them so I did that and re-saved them so I won't have to do it manually anymore. 

I have been using the G8 T-pose that came with the 3Dx upgrade but so far I'm not so impressed with the G8 characters, then again I haven't done much with them yet either, time will tell!

Dell XPS 8900, Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700 CPU @ 3.40GHz, 3408 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s), 16 GB RAM, - 4 GB GeForce GTX 745, NVIDIA compatible.
Acer Aspire V Nitro Laptop,  2.5GHz Intel Core i5-7300HQ processor with 6MB cache,  256GB solid state drive, 16GB Ram,  4 GB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti graphics.

Reading This Topic