Profile Picture

Store - Didn't see an option in Feedback tracker.

Posted By rollasoc 6 Years Ago
Rated 1 star based on 1 vote.
Author
rollasoc
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 Months Ago
I posted last year a couple gripes with the content store(s).  (like why open new tabs on most link clicks, which is annoying, if I want a tab, I can right click and open in a tab).

I thought I would add one to the feedback tracker today, but there is no option for it on the main page.

What I would like, is an option to NOT show me items, I have already purchased.    Very much like the Daz3D store has.

or how plugin alliance does it.

Given, the store already knows if I have the base product already, it must know my purchase history.  I can't see this being a major change to filter out or warn me that I may be wasting money on additional licenses I don't need.

At the moment, I have to maintain my own list of everything I have bought by developer and name and then cross reference it everytime I buy something.  Which is annoying and time consuming.

Home built PC:- i9 9900K 32GB RAM, Zotac 1080TI mini.
Band Music:-  https://thehairthieves.bandcamp.com/
Solo Instrumentals:- https://sineglidermusic.bandcamp.com/

Miranda (RL)
Miranda (RL)
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (63.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (63.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (63.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (63.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (63.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (63.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (63.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (63.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (63.0K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Hi rollasoc,

I do think these two suggestions are worth to be considered and implemented.
I will bring the feedback to our team. (I did it actually!)

Feedback Tracker is mainly for reporting issues or suggestions of products (software, plugin, content, etc), so welcome to share your shopping experiences here in forum.

Miranda
rollasoc
rollasoc
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Months Ago
Thank you Miranda for passsing the information along!

Home built PC:- i9 9900K 32GB RAM, Zotac 1080TI mini.
Band Music:-  https://thehairthieves.bandcamp.com/
Solo Instrumentals:- https://sineglidermusic.bandcamp.com/

animagic
animagic
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Last Active: 8 seconds ago
I would like to point out that I find it useful that a new tab is opened when using Search (for reasons I have explained in another post a while ago). One main problem is that using Back button, which you would have to do to get back to your Search results, does not land you at the position you were, but at the first page, which is very cumbersome when there's many pages of results. It's easier to just close the tab. I also like to compare Search results, which is easier with multiple tabs.

So I suppose there are always opposite demands. If the "open no new tab policy" were to be implemented, I would then at least want proper browser behavior, such that with a multi-page search the Back button gets you to the last page visited.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

Miranda (RL)
Miranda (RL)
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (63.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (63.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (63.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (63.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (63.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (63.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (63.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (63.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (63.0K reputation)

Hi both,

We discussed these two suggestions today, but I didn't get positive feedback so far.
I myself prefer "opening links in new tab", while I do agree with rollasoc that people can choose to open a new tab if they want (either by right click or clicking on the middle button/wheel on mouse). Our team was debating the two behaviors, so this suggestion might be put aside for a while.

While "hide the purchased item" is required for performance testing, so I am unable to promise you right now. Sad

justaviking
justaviking
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Weeks Ago
I half agree and half disagree on the "new tab" behavior.

Personally, I feel the current behavior results in an excessive number of new tabs being opened, especially when merely browsing.  I am used to using the right-click "Open in new tab" functionality when I do want a new tab.

However, Animagic does make an excellent point about it not retaining the Search parameters, so based on that issue I grudgingly concede the current behavior may be the lesser of two evils.

iClone 7... Character Creator... Substance Designer/Painter... Blender... Audacity...
Desktop (homebuilt) - Windows 10, Ryzen 9 3900x CPU, GTX 1080 GPU (8GB), 32GB RAM, Asus X570 Pro motherboard, 2TB SSD, terabytes of disk space, dual  monitors.
Laptop - Windows 10, MSI GS63VR STEALTH-252, 16GB RAM, GTX 1060 (6GB), 256GB SSD and 1TB HDD

Miranda (RL)
Miranda (RL)
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Totally agree! Retaining the search parameters is a basic mechanism, and this is what global online shopping sites do as well. So I don't think users should compromise to choose "open in a new tab" because of not retaining search parameters... Well, but it's my own opinion. I think we may keep the current behavior at the moment. Thanks for all your opinions!
I am willing to know if there is any other suggestions about user experience in Content Store and Marketplace. Smile

Reading This Topic