Problem with Curve Editor

Posted By Terry Miller 7 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Terry Miller
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 3 hours ago
Hello all, hope you had a nice holiday.
Running into a problem with the curve editor.
When they are using it in the tutorials, all the tutor has to do is push the FK Mode button and the FK Mode UI pops up; then, if he wants to select a particular body part, he selects it in the FK UI, and the curves for that body part shows up. Wonderful, right?
Unfortunately, I can't get it to work that way. If I click the FK Mode button, nothing happens; I have to open the Edit Motion Layer UI and manually select FK; then, if I want to select a body part, when I click it in the FK UI, the curves do not pop up in the editor. What I have to do is find and select each individual body part from the entire list of bones in the curve editor. Needless to say, this takes a lot more time than it should. I would like to make sure that I am not doing something wrong before I submit it as a bug. As always, any help is greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Terry

CVEDIA
CVEDIA
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (222 reputation)Junior Member (222 reputation)Junior Member (222 reputation)Junior Member (222 reputation)Junior Member (222 reputation)Junior Member (222 reputation)Junior Member (222 reputation)Junior Member (222 reputation)Junior Member (222 reputation)

Last Active: 3 Years Ago
I can't visualize the curve editor window, anyone knows how to solve this problem?
animagic
animagic
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Last Active: 9 hours ago
It's a separate plugin. Did you buy it? 

If so, maybe explain in more detail what you are doing.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

dogged2003
dogged2003
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
Did you make "Sample animation clip" the movement before calling the Curve Editor?

For which version of the avatar are you trying to do the above?

Terry Miller (12/28/2017)
Hello all, hope you had a nice holiday.
Running into a problem with the curve editor.
When they are using it in the tutorials, all the tutor has to do is push the FK Mode button and the FK Mode UI pops up; then, if he wants to select a particular body part, he selects it in the FK UI, and the curves for that body part shows up. Wonderful, right?
Unfortunately, I can't get it to work that way. If I click the FK Mode button, nothing happens; I have to open the Edit Motion Layer UI and manually select FK; then, if I want to select a body part, when I click it in the FK UI, the curves do not pop up in the editor. What I have to do is find and select each individual body part from the entire list of bones in the curve editor. Needless to say, this takes a lot more time than it should. I would like to make sure that I am not doing something wrong before I submit it as a bug. As always, any help is greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Terry

My YouTube channel.
Edited
6 Years Ago by dogged2003

Reading This Topic