Profile Picture

Painting with multiple Photo-realistic Displacement Textures on a CC character

Posted By Ascensi 7 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!

Painting with multiple Photo-realistic Displacement Textures on a CC...

Author
Ascensi
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.5K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Month
Hi everyone, just wanted to share a tutorial that I'm excited about. I'm not an expert in with knowing all the best settings to make Displacement textures with 3DCoat look the best it can but it's trial and error and I'll share what I've learned so far.

My signature background below this was created with the same technique that  I eventually imported and animated in iClone. I hope you like it, subscribe if you do  and you'll get easier access to some of my other tutorials along the way.
I'm also planning another tutorial about how to bring the textures back into iClone and turn on displacement within but also the technique to get it working in Indigo Renderer -it's pretty tricky to do and have shared the process somewhat in my signature below.

Store Page Link 
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/906a14b0-c792-4382-99ee-7dfe.jpg
AMD 4.5 GHz 16 Cores  | 128 GB | RTX 4090 | Window11 | Houdini FX 18.5 | Zbrush 2023 | Maya 2014 | Adobe CS6 | Sonar Producer X3 | iC8, CC4 | DTS Master Audio Suite | Perception Neuron 32 Alum Edition | Akeytsu 

Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)

Last Active: 4 hours ago
Yeah, there's no way I'm going to sit through a 40 minute tutorial without sound -- sound is VERY important in the understanding of a process, and trying to visually follow along is almost impossible for this old man.

I'm sure kids will find it good, though.

Alienware Aurora R12, Win 10, i9-119000KF, 3.5GHz CPU, 128GB RAM, RTX 3090 (24GB), Samsung 960 Pro 4TB M-2 SSD, TB+ Disk space
Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
Ascensi
Ascensi
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.5K reputation)

The only reason I started off with no voice is so it can be translated. I think your computer might be able to speak the Closed caption, I know you probably don't like the semi robotic voice either but that's what's available at the moment. Anyone could consider a persons voice distracting as well not matter how clear I speak. Thanks for the feedback though.

Store Page Link 
AMD 4.5 GHz 16 Cores  | 128 GB | RTX 4090 | Window11 | Houdini FX 18.5 | Zbrush 2023 | Maya 2014 | Adobe CS6 | Sonar Producer X3 | iC8, CC4 | DTS Master Audio Suite | Perception Neuron 32 Alum Edition | Akeytsu 

Edited
7 Years Ago by Ascensi
Me3Dtoo
Me3Dtoo
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (30 reputation)New Member (30 reputation)New Member (30 reputation)New Member (30 reputation)New Member (30 reputation)New Member (30 reputation)New Member (30 reputation)New Member (30 reputation)New Member (30 reputation)

Group: Banned Members
Last Active: 7 Years Ago
Good Job.
Thank You Smile
Ascensi
Ascensi
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Here is another example in 3DCoat. I have the depth setting at .50  but sometimes you might want to adjust it between 1. and .5
There is an important tutorial about how to load the textures, specifically the depth.tif (it needs to be converted to a png. Also I show how to adjust ideal settings but these may need to be set/scaled to the scale of your model.  I can bring you more videos if you subscribe -thank you.
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/656e06bf-7c1a-44d9-86ae-e435.png

Store Page Link 

Edited
7 Years Ago by Ascensi

Reading This Topic