Profile Picture

CT as an interactive, runtime tool

Posted By dhmayo 7 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
dhmayo
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (213 reputation)Junior Member (213 reputation)Junior Member (213 reputation)Junior Member (213 reputation)Junior Member (213 reputation)Junior Member (213 reputation)Junior Member (213 reputation)Junior Member (213 reputation)Junior Member (213 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 7 Years Ago
I'm new to CT.  While I think I may have sussed out the answer to the folloowing questions, I want to make sure I understand the product correctly.

I'm a software developer looking to build an avatar creator for kids, and to then minimally display those avatars (and maximally invoke animations on them) in a web app.  I know that CT7 used to have some kind of programmatic/javascript API, but that seems to have been decommissioned as of CT8.  It also seems that CT is now squarely in the production-tool camp, rather than in any kind of runtime space.

Are my assessments correct?  Assuming the CT7 API were capable of what I described, is that version still an option?  Any suggestions (or things I missed) on how I might undertake this with CT8?
Thanks!!
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: Yesterday
Hi...

CrazyTalk 7 did have the Interactive Plugin which allowed avatar creation for web or apps. However this was discontinued and is no longer available due to browser compatibility issues with the Unity web player. Unfortunately the latest version CrazyTalk 8 no longer supports this kind of scripting functionality.

I'm sorry I can't bring you better news.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

dhmayo
dhmayo
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (213 reputation)Junior Member (213 reputation)Junior Member (213 reputation)Junior Member (213 reputation)Junior Member (213 reputation)Junior Member (213 reputation)Junior Member (213 reputation)Junior Member (213 reputation)Junior Member (213 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 7 Years Ago
Thanks Peter,
I figured that was going to be the answer but had to ask Sad  With every release, major browsers are making it clear that days of browser plugins are increasingly numbered.  Exhibit A: flash.
Thanks again!

Reading This Topic