Export toon maker to fox or obj.

Posted By henrik_71 7 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
henrik_71
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Month
Hi

I have not seen any videos of Toon maker or TM2 for Clone 7. Any ideas where this can be found.

Also can you export the characters u make in toon maker to be used in other programs? E.g. ZB.

I have 3dexchange pipeline.
kungphu
kungphu
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)

There are some on YouTube. I did some exporting and ran into issues. I can’t recall what in the world they were. I think I had some materials drop out or something. I can try it out when I get back home later this evening. I want to say I just went from iclone to 3D exchange and then to zbrush. Then back to iclone.

My "NEWEST" LatestSmile  Movie Made With Amaaaazing iClone

—> High Noon”ish” in Narrow Valley<—

animagic
animagic
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Last Active: 2 hours ago
For Toonmaker I think you can just look for iClone 6 videos. Nothing has changed in iClone 7 for Toonmaker.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

henrik_71
henrik_71
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)

OK I see.
But I can't find any videos that show you can export the characters you make, e.g. if I wanted to have them over in ZB

Do you have toon maker?
kungphu
kungphu
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)

Yep, I’ve got TM 1 and 2. I recall exporting to zbrush but having some difficulties. It was so long ago I can’t recall if the issues were something I was doing wrong or if there was a real issue. I use zbrush a ton and have toolmaker. I’ll try it later tonight. With iclone 7 there may be an option to use the morph maker/loader. I’ll try both.

kungphu
kungphu
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

OK... I remember what the issue was.  FYI.. I tested this in iclone 6 since I haven't installed toonmaker or toonmaker 2 in iclone 7 yet, but it should work just the same. Perhaps I'm doing something wrong but you can export. Just make your character in iclone and then export to 3dXchange like normal. You don't get the eyes or nose that are exported. It's just the main figure, no eyes, nose etc. I may be doing something wrong but I don't get they eyes, ears and nose along with the body. The weird part and perhaps it's just me doing something wrong is that you export (save) as an obj from 3dXchange and can tweak to your heart's content in Zbrush.  Just remember the main rule not to change the number of vertices. Here's the weird part for me. When you're ready to import, you have to go to the replace mesh section and select each area one by one (lower, upper, head) at the lower left of the hierarchy replacing the mesh. So you have to do it 3 times but it works just fine. The character will update each part and you replace the mesh. Then you plop it back in iclone and it works just fine. In Iclone 7 perhaps you can morph the nose, eyes and ears with the morph maker. I don't see why not but haven't tried it. But I do recall getting some crazy body shapes out of cubby and slim via Zbrush.  So have fun, shouldn't be an issue!

kungphu
kungphu
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

OK... I remember what the issue was.  FYI.. I tested this in iclone 6 since I haven't installed toonmaker or toonmaker 2 in iclone 7 yet, but it should work just the same. Perhaps I'm doing something wrong but you can export. Just make your character in iclone and then export to 3dXchange like normal. You don't get the eyes or nose that are exported. It's just the main figure, no eyes, nose etc. I may be doing something wrong but I don't get they eyes, ears and nose along with the body. The weird part and perhaps it's just me doing something wrong is that you export (save) as an obj from 3dXchange and can tweak to your heart's content in Zbrush.  Just remember the main rule not to change the number of vertices. Here's the weird part for me. When you're ready to import, you have to go to the replace mesh section and select each area one by one (lower, upper, head) at the lower left of the hierarchy replacing the mesh. So you have to do it 3 times but it works just fine. The character will update each part and you replace the mesh. Then you plop it back in iclone and it works just fine. In Iclone 7 perhaps you can morph the nose, eyes and ears with the morph maker. I don't see why not but haven't tried it. But I do recall getting some crazy body shapes out of cubby and slim via Zbrush.  So have fun, shouldn't be an issue!

henrik_71
henrik_71
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

ok sounds great I will give it a try

Reading This Topic