Profile Picture

Motion capture (perception neuron) movement orientation corretion.

Posted By Ulrec 7 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!

Motion capture (perception neuron) movement orientation corretion.

Author
Ulrec
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (260 reputation)Senior Member (260 reputation)Senior Member (260 reputation)Senior Member (260 reputation)Senior Member (260 reputation)Senior Member (260 reputation)Senior Member (260 reputation)Senior Member (260 reputation)Senior Member (260 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
Hello,
Fairly new to animation and motion capture with iclone, i am trying to get walk straight motion capture.
I recorded some animations with axis software. Now i try to record them in iclone, when in preview mode, i can get axis and iclone character to match movement orientation.
But as soon as i push record instead, iclone is not longuer taking in account the yaw correction from axis software ?!
And result is, my walk forward animation is going a bit to the right and not perfectly straight.
Is there a way to sync both with recording mode ? or is there a way to correct animation afterward in iclone ?
I tryed rotation at the first frame, as well as moving last frame to correct place, but this add some sliding to the feets i want to avoid.
Ultimate goal of this, is root motion export to unreal engine, so avoiding sliding at all cost.

Thanks you.
Best regards.

Ulrec
Ulrec
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (260 reputation)Senior Member (260 reputation)Senior Member (260 reputation)Senior Member (260 reputation)Senior Member (260 reputation)Senior Member (260 reputation)Senior Member (260 reputation)Senior Member (260 reputation)Senior Member (260 reputation)

Found a solution,
When i prepare motion part i want to extract from the registered clip in axis neuron, i finish post process smoothing etc... 
Select the frame i want to start recording (broadcast) to iclone at, correct the Yaw, zero everything, then push iclone recording then axis neuron play.
When i do previewing before, it seems to mess up axis corrections...
Movement is now perfectly where i want.

Thanks you all.
Best regards.

mtakerkart
mtakerkart
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (15.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.6K reputation)

Last Active: 6 hours ago
Thanks a lot for the tip Ulrec. Never think about that because my pipeline stays in Iclone.
Just a precision , you can't turn the Avatar if the Neuron plugin is connected. So you must disconnect,
turn Avatar  , reconnect , record.
Edited
7 Years Ago by mtakerkart
Jfrog
Jfrog
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)

Last Active: 3 days ago
Just a precision , you can't turn the Avatar if the Neuron plugin is connected. So you must disconnect,
turn Avatar  , reconnect , record.

Yeah that is what I do too and Reallusion should really look into this bug and fix it . It is counter productive to have to close the neuron plugin to edit the pivot or change the position of the character. What should be a simple task become so complicate and take much more time because of that.   I think the plugin could also be optimized so you don't have to disconnect the character to playback your recorded take, this is way to slow.   They could simply add a third button (playback) along with the two other buttons (Preview and Record).

Those small details make the difference between an average and optimize workflow.

Ryzen R9 5950x, RTX 3090, 128Gb Ram ,2 x 2 TB Samsung 980 Pro M.2 SSD

Horror Stories in VR
Immersive Sound VR
Immersive Sound VR on Oculus TV

Rampa
Rampa
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)

Last Active: 3 hours ago
Does it make any difference if you turn on the new rotation alignment in 7.1?
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/b78cc628-13e6-473a-abc2-8c33.jpg
Jfrog
Jfrog
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)

Last Active: 3 days ago
Yes, this is a great improvement over 7.02.  But the fact that you have to close the plugin window to readjust the character pivot and position is a turn off. Sometime to tweak it perfectly to fit in your 3d scene you have to disconnect, close the window, adjust the character pivot  & position,open the window plugin,  reconnect, preview the character 4 or 5 times before starting to actually record. Don't forget that on top of that you have the recalibrate the neuron suit between every recorded takes. This is really time consuming. But at least with the new "align to actor orientation" feature you can get it done! Slowly buy surely...   Wink

Ryzen R9 5950x, RTX 3090, 128Gb Ram ,2 x 2 TB Samsung 980 Pro M.2 SSD

Horror Stories in VR
Immersive Sound VR
Immersive Sound VR on Oculus TV

Edited
7 Years Ago by Jfrog
Ulrec
Ulrec
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Hello,
The disconnect of the plugin might explain why i have no troubles recording in iclone with no preview.
Thanks for the tip.
Best regards.

Reading This Topic