Profile Picture

I have problem to link prims to each other creating one object and also to add texture on one face...

Posted By alfhak 7 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!

I have problem to link prims to each other creating one object and...

Author
alfhak
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.5K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 6 Years Ago
Hi!
I tried to create a window with 7 prims but I can't link them so it
end up like one object, so I later can move it around like one object!
I have tried this but failed! Select all prims and then hit the link
button! I also want to save it as new object! I failed with this!

Next problem is that I don't understand how to select one face/side of the
prim so I can have different textures on a prim!

Alf
TheOldBuffer
TheOldBuffer
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.7K reputation)

Last Active: Last Month
Hi, you need to "attach"  not not link to make all into one object and also change material name on each individual object before attaching to make it easier to change afterwards.

Homebuilt computer - Windoze 10, INTEL i9 9900 k @ 5.1 GHz, EVGA RTX 2080 TI XC ULTRA, 16GB 3100 MHz RAM, Asus  Maximus Hero XI motherboard, Sound blaster Z series. iClone6 & 7 Pipeline, Crazytalk 8, Crazytalk Animator 2, Facefilter, Pop video 3, Hitfilm 4Pro, Cubase 8.5 Pro,

Rampa
Rampa
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)

Last Active: 26 minutes ago
It is a two-step process to attach them. If you right-click (or use the modify panel) and select "attach" on any object, the cursor will change and you then click on the object you want it attached to. You can also select multiple objects, right-click, and attach them to a parent object all at once.

Sorry, you cannot select individual faces of the objects.
Edited
7 Years Ago by Rampa
alfhak
alfhak
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.5K reputation)

Last Active: 6 Years Ago
Thanks both of you!

I tried the "attach" to as you say after I selected one prim and then selected
the other prims! I created a window from 7 prims and the funny things is that
I can only move it around as one object after I select the first prim or primary
prim creating the window! Then I hit other part of the window, only that prim
can be moved not all the window as one object!
Is it not possible to have all prims linked to each other as one object and then
not matter there I click get it moved around as one object?

Alf K
4u2ges
4u2ges
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
Go to the Primary object properties and in the "Attach" section click "Merge Sub-prop"
If you need to adjust individual objects after merging, you may still do it in "Edit Animation Layer".

Edited
7 Years Ago by 4u2ges
Rampa
Rampa
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)

Last Active: 26 minutes ago
Just to the left of the transform tool is a select tool. It's an arrow. That will let you select sub-props directly.

Reading This Topic